Is it getting time for a reprint?

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
I was a teenager when Watergate was unfolding. Nixon's universal excuse, was that he was unaware of what the people below him had been doing, while breaking into a hotel room where Democrats were planning campaign strategy, breaking into a psychologist's office, getting the IRS to audit his political enemies, etc.

I recall a cartoon that came out while these excuses were being dug out and revealed. It didn't show any faces, nothing but four panels depicting the White House in each one. Above the White House were "speech balloons" that related what someone inside (obviously then-President Nixon) was saying to some colleague.

First panel: "If I knew about all this illegal stuff the people working for me were doing...."

Second panel: "....then what am I doing in the White House?"

Third panel: " And if I didn't know about all the stuff the people working for me were doing...."

Fourth panel: "....then what am I doing in the White House?"

This would be an appropriate opportunity for a timely reprint, don't you think?

So what is your point?

A. Nixon should not have been impeached; or

B. Obama should be impeached.

Pick one.

Do you remember that one watergate spoof movie? about a bunch of nuns doing something simliar and they had that one nun dressed up as Henry Kissinger, It was funny as heck to watch when I was a kid, forgot what it was called.

Do we also need to reprint all the denials of knowledge which came out of the Iran/Contra investigation?

Do we also need to reprint all the denials of knowledge which came out of the Iran/Contra investigation?
desperation is an admission of guilt ....don't worry the race card prevents your dear leader from being impeached.

yep, not impeachment, I'd love to see crazy uncle joe as president since we're already stuck with a commie

but what's the problem with Iran Contra? We sold arms for hostages and gave money to the Contras to oppose the Sandinistas.

What am I missing?

desperation is an admission of guilt ....don't worry the race card prevents your dear leader from being impeached.

yep, not impeachment, I'd love to see crazy uncle joe as president since we're already stuck with a commie

but what's the problem with Iran Contra? We sold arms for hostages and gave money to the Contras to oppose the Sandinistas.

What am I missing?

Congress had prohibited any further funding of the Contras with the Boland Amendment and it was official policy of the United States that we did not negotiate or deal with terrorists and hostage takers.

So, to circumvent those laws, cut-outs were used to provide the weapons and do all the dirty work. When it all came to light, everyone in the Reagan administration except the chief fall guy, Oliver North, denied any knowledge of anything.

Forum List

Back