Is it God or Nature?

Is this Covid-19 pandemic a result of God's actions, or an ecological/biological/sociological process that reflects Nature?

If God, then why?
If Nature, is it a "correction" in the balance of life among the human species?
Survival of the "fittest" ... and rich/powerful (access to life-saving resources)?

Perhaps population density, some foul sanitary/eating habits, and easy global travel opportunities are "correcting" overpopulation of humans?
Maybe God wants to give non-human animals a break?
What say you?
How about, why not God?

What say you?
You first. Is God punishing us?
Me next. Why would He? I doubt that.

See? Now you went right back to "reasons".

If you flip a coin and it lands on "tails" ---- does there have to be a "reason" it did that?
Does "chance" not exist?
Technically, yes. You flipped it in the air.

It goes back to an old observation that we are a spiritual people having a human experience. Physical existence comes with its ups and downs, and I believe God is with us at all times--lending spiritual support during difficult times, sharing our joy when things go well. Blessings can be found in difficult times as well.

Is this Covid-19 pandemic a result of God's actions, or an ecological/biological/sociological process that reflects Nature?

If God, then why?
Survival of the "fittest" ... and rich/powerful (access to life-saving resources)?

Perhaps population density, some foul sanitary/eating habits, and easy global travel opportunities are "correcting" overpopulation of humans?
What say you?
God is nature.
God created us in his image and gave us stewardship over his creation. Overpopulation is not a problem here. The things you mention in your second paragraph are examples of our poor stewardship. Therefore we are punished.

If God, then why?

What say you?

It's natural selection at its worst. I think it's God's warning us to repent, but people aren't listening. It isn't Darwin's silly survival of the fittest claim. This is more about how the coronavirus mutated into COVID-19. It is about it becoming a more dangerous virus and one harder to develop a vaccine against. The fittest are still the human species and we are trying to combat it with what we have found. Until then, we have to fight it with quarantine and sanitation.

If God, then why?

What say you?

It's natural selection at its worst. I think it's God's warning us to repent, but people aren't listening. It isn't Darwin's silly survival of the fittest claim. This is more about how the coronavirus mutated into COVID-19. It is about it becoming a more dangerous virus and one harder to develop a vaccine against. The fittest are still the human species and we are trying to combat it with what we have found. Until then, we have to fight it with quarantine and sanitation.
coronavirus mutated into COVID-19.
wake up bond - the virus metaphysically synchronized their own physicality to an opportunity they perceived that proved abundantly productive and are doing a number on humanity, enjoying the ride to its fullest extent.

and verifies the underlying mechanism of evolution, the metaphysical and the origin for all living beings.

It goes back to an old observation that we are a spiritual people having a human experience. Physical existence comes with its ups and downs, and I believe God is with us at all times--lending spiritual support during difficult times, sharing our joy when things go well. Blessings can be found in difficult times as well.
I’m not disagreeing but are you saying God helping us is limited to moral support so to speak?

If God, then why?

What say you?
God is nature.
God created us in his image and gave us stewardship over his creation. Overpopulation is not a problem here. The things you mention in your second paragraph are examples of our poor stewardship. Therefore we are punished.
God is nature is a pantheistic world view. How can the painter be the painting?

I’m not disagreeing but are you saying God helping us is limited to moral support so to speak?
No, that did not cross my mind, but of course it should have. What I see in my own life are new directions, different possibilities, and emerging creations.

No, that did not cross my mind, but of course it should have. What I see in my own life are new directions, different possibilities, and emerging creations.
Right. Me too. And a few other things as well. How was God responsible for that?

Right. Me too. And a few other things as well. How was God responsible for that?
I see it as a two-way street. It is a matter of me taking the first few steps and then keeping heart and mind open for things/ways greater.

I see it as a two-way street. It is a matter of me taking the first few steps and then keeping heart and mind open for things/ways greater.
That’s a good view. So how does God communicate with you to reveal new things, a greater way, mistakes made, lessons learned, etc?

If God, then why?

What say you?

Why would there have to be a "reasoning" behind it?

Start there.
There is a "reason", however, aka "explanation".
Philosophers & scientists look for explanations, no?
For example, "How did the pandemic originate, and how did it spread so quickly?"
....that's HOW--not WHY..this is a critical difference in all the '''god''' discussions

Exactly, thank you. The question presupposes that events are "intentional" on the part of --- whatever. That it was "caused" for a "purpose". That's assuming a dynamic which is not in evidence.
Exactly, thank you. The question presupposes that events are "intentional" on the part of --- whatever. That it was "caused" for a "purpose". That's assuming a dynamic which is not in evidence.
evidevce is in the eye of the beholder ...

covid certainly seems to have an intention in selectively chosing humanity as its target some what the same as gun lovers that shot wildlife just to kill it and maybe it's a meal for either - there is little more to say for a purpose than to vote republican. why rock the boat. all hail the tramp.
If the gods are the author of all, the all-knowing, all seeing gods are responsible for all.

Last edited:

If God, then why?

What say you?

Can anything in nature happen without G-d?

If God, then why?

What say you?

why not?

If God, then why?

What say you?

why not?

I like how You address a question with a question.
Because not an ant can move a leg without Heavens allowance.

The One who heals gives the sickness.

If God, then why?

What say you?
God is nature.
God is nature is a pantheistic world view. How can the painter be the painting?
Excellent point. Pantheism is completely illogical. I think it's probably a way for some people to have their cake and eat it too. They can have a form of spirituality, while avoiding the accountability that inevitably goes along with a transcendent personal Creator.

If God, then why?

What say you?

why not?

I like how You address a question with a question.
Because not an ant can move a leg without Heavens allowance.

The One who heals gives the sickness.
hahhahaha
there is no god--no one can prove it = there's your answer--yes--stuff happens in nature without god
...you like how I answered your question? your welcome

If God, then why?

What say you?

obviously it does

Forum List

Back