Is it rude to say ''try not to forget'' to a person with a serious neurological disorder?

Cla234

Sep 15, 2022
My friend says it to her family member in an angry tone, and says ''well, it works for me''

She also says (in a sarcastic/angry tone) things like ''if you're forgetting things why can you still remember how to talk or use the bathroom'' to her family member, who has been diagnosed with a serious progressive neurological disease (and my friend is aware of this).

Her family member has Chiari 1 malformation, and is largely bedbound.

My friend says it to her family member in an angry tone, and says ''well, it works for me''

She also says (in a sarcastic/angry tone) things like ''if you're forgetting things why can you still remember how to talk or use the bathroom'' to her family member, who has been diagnosed with a serious progressive neurological disease (and my friend is aware of this).

Her family member has Chiari 1 malformation, and is largely bedbound.
Sounds like she's simply a horrible person who may need to be reported to the authorities for [possibly] abusing a vulnerable individual.

I certainly hope she is not the [sole] caregiver of this person.

Sounds like she's simply a horrible person who may need to be reported to the authorities for [possibly] abusing a vulnerable individual.

I certainly hope she is not the [sole] caregiver of this person.
She is the sole caregiver

She is the sole caregiver
If you're not up to reporting her because she's your friend, maybe you can talk to another family member and find out if there is a way to find someone who understands this person's medical condition and subsequent needs? Your friend is not just rude but ignorant in ways that have the potential to cause further damage to this person's mental well being. It bothers me because if she doesn't bother to hide her disdain for the person she's tasked with caring for, then who knows what's going on behind closed doors.

Her charge deserves better.

Well it sounds like she is in losing control but I am just guessing It seems to me she has to maintain control in a difficult position or be the adult. Maybe as her friend you should have a talk with her and let her vent her emotions to a friend.

Yes.
So rude and selfish. Does she get compensated otherwise? If so, tell her "Life is often hard." Wait for her initial, pissy reaction. Then say "Well, it worked for me.'' Then snicker.

Forum List

Back