Is it time for Universal Healthcare....and can it be done?

Deductibles and catastrophic insurance was the way it was going.... Take your meds. No mandate now...
THE ACA WILL NOT COST A DIME.

THE ACA WILL PAY FOR ITSELF.

THE ACA WILL LOWER THE COST OF HEALTH CARE.

IF YOU LIKE YOUR PLAN / DR. YOU CAN KEEP THEM.

OBAMA WAS / IS A HUGE F*ING LIAR ... OR HE WAS TOO INCREDIBLY STUPID TO KNOW THESE WERE HUGE LIES HE COULD NOT DELIVER ON...

SO WHICH IS IT - HUGE F*ING LIAR OR INCREDIBLY STUPID?
Nobody ever said the first three except on Fox and Rush... Pure BS
Obama did not lie, Congress changed what he wanted when they wrote their law. Not many people lost their doctors and many did it to themselves on their applications, not not knowing which health network was which...
So you are admitting Barry intentionally lied his ass off about at least 1. That's a start....

Deductibles and catastrophic insurance was the way it was going.... Take your meds. No mandate now...

OBAMA WAS / IS A HUGE F*ING LIAR ... OR HE WAS TOO INCREDIBLY STUPID TO KNOW THESE WERE HUGE LIES HE COULD NOT DELIVER ON...

Nobody ever said the first three except on Fox and Rush... Pure BS
Obama did not lie, Congress changed what he wanted when they wrote their law. Not many people lost their doctors and many did it to themselves on their applications, not not knowing which health network was which...
So you are admitting Barry intentionally lied his ass off about at least 1. That's a start....
Congress changed the bill from Obama's. No Lie, brainwashed SuperDuper.

So instead of answering which one you just 'laugh' and refuse to answer, huh Franco?

Thought so.....
So you are wrong again of course, d****** doup.
No, snowflake. Once again you can not bring yourself to admit the truth, that Barry is a f*ing liar....like all politicians.
Nothing like the GOP and their b*******. Breaking.... Hillary is not a criminal, no one is for open borders, George W bush started another corrupt GOP World depression.

Hillary is not a criminal, no one is for open borders.
You're an idiot. I stopped reading your crap at this point.

Hillary operated an illegal unauthorized unencrypted unsecured (all crimes) server containing TOP SECRET+ data, data the US IG revealed was stolen by 6 foreign entities...making her crime - by definition - Espionage, which by definition does not require 'Intent'.

The FBI openly stated over 15,000 pieces of OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS - CLASSIFIED EVIDENCE - she tried to destroy after receiving a subpoena demanding she turn over everything was recovered.
- 15,000 criminal counts of Obstruction

- 15,000 criminal counts of violations of the FOIA

- 15,000 criminal counts of violations of the Federal Records Act

- 15,000 criminal counts of violations of Mishandling Classified ...

....and we have barely scratched the surface of what she did.

Hillary Clinton is a f*ing FELON who was proven to have broken numerous laws and compromised national security...not to mentioning how she abandoned 4 Americans to die at the hands of Al Qaeda.

WTF is wrong with you regard Hillary supporters and the denial if so much existing evidence?

You hate Trump - got it. I understand that ... But WTF is up with supporting that traitorous felon?

First off, for those that know me...I am a conservative.
I do ask the question in sincerity.
Last year with health premiums, and healthcare bills, my wife and I spent $7,040 for the two of us.
Then add in the employers portion of premium and that totals up to roughly $11,000.
Even with that, we are well below the average cost the average American pays.
So, would I pay out say... $600 a month in taxes, and my employer in lieu of paying premiums, pay another $400 a month? Instead of paying an insurer?
Yes, yes I would.
But only if the care was equally as good.
And would it be?
How would we, as a nation, pay for the bums and lazy asses who won't work?
Should a "health tax" be income specific? So someone who makes $250,000 a year would pay a great deal more than a $50,000 a year person? Would that work?

One thing is for certain. The current system is not working well. We are paying more and more and more to insurers who are raising deductibles and increasing premiums while covering less.
What fix is there?
Medicare.

Before he was elected President Obama spoke to a crowd and declared he wanted Single Payer health care, which of course his liberal media overwatch denied...and years later, as Harry Reid declared it to be, Barry set Single Payer in motion by destroying the e listing health care system and replacing it with one designed to fail, leading to single payer.

Obama's mandate that every American purchase Obama care was sorta like the militarized Dept of Land Management pointing sniper rifles at the heads of women / children and 'encouraging' them to leave so Harry Reid could use those public lands in a deal to enrich himself....

It's worth noting that Obama mocked the idea of a mandate when debating Hillary in the primaries. Arguably, it was why he beat her. He made her look like the corporatist she is.

And then his shocking(!) reversal after he was elected. Whodathunkit?
Congress changed it not him.
He signed it.

But that's all water under the bridge. Now we have to fix it.

we have 300 billion dollars in waste in just services that patients dont need. when you add it up, there's 1 trillion dollars in health care waste.

my right-wing opponents will talk about the great care and the innovations, but those go to the rich. we have a 1 trillion dollar problem. we're dying out here. single. payer. now.

You agree then if there is single payer then you won't be able to sue the doctor for malpractice right? According to what you want to do all health care would be under the government and since the 1946 Tort Reform Act forbids suing doctors that would be OK with you right?

So instead of answering which one you just 'laugh' and refuse to answer, huh Franco?

Thought so.....
So you are wrong again of course, d****** doup.

Franco...
You realize that the primary architect of Obamacare said last year Massachusetts Institute of Technology Professor Jonathan Gruber said these exact words:
"Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage, Gruber said.
"And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass."
ObamaCare architect: 'Stupidity' of voters helped bill pass

This same Gruber reported:
New Gruber Study Raises Major Questions About Obamacare's Medicaid Expansion
Perhaps less obviously, we also found a substantial increase in Medicaid coverage among children and adults who were already eligible for the program before 2014. This population accounted for 44% of the coverage increase.

What this means is look at the 2nd point on the attached where 14 million people counted by Obama as part of the "46 million uninsured" were these same people i.e. people
eligible for Medicaid BEFORE Obamacare. 14 million and Gruber's study proved that was the case.
Obama_uninsurednever46millionrev2.png

Breaking for s*** head dupes: a flat tax system is fantastic for the rich and screws the rest like you and your family and friends and acquaintances d u h.
How do you figure? Everyone pays 25%. The rich will pay much more than you or I. Right?
It's a stupid experiment and it does not work.
Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = The Fed - Financial Accounts of the United States - Z.1 - Current Release
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

So pretty much the 'rich' are evil is that what you are saying?
Universal healthcare, sure but don't ask me to pay YOUR share of the cost. I tell you what, add up the total cost and divide it evenly by every man, woman, and child in America THEN ask them if they are willing to pay their share. Here I'll save you the time, the answer will be fuck no!

The reduction in costs of healthcare would more than make it profitable for everyone. If if that were calculated into your equation, the answer would be "fuck yes"!

Besides haven't you realized that for the vast majority of Americans (like 99%), the Healthcare Industry will eventually take 100% of your wealth - unless you die suddenly.

You apparently have no experience with what happens towards end of life - the healthcare industry milks everyone for every cent they have. Then when you run out of funds they pretty much discard you and let you die.

There is no doubt that fully socialized healthcare will save everyone huge amounts of money. That's the whole point of socialized healthcare.

Your discompassion for your fellow Americans is blinding to to your own best interests. Try hating a bit less!

This sounds like the typical half bake stupid shit liberal nonsense. Your socialized healthcare pipe dream depends on whether doctors and those working in the healthcare industry would be willing to accept much less money for their services which they will not, its fucking retarded.

Under socialized healthcare their salaries would be determined by the system. If they didn't like it, too bad. If they want have a license to practice then they better accept what the system gives them.

However, there is no doubt that under a socialized healthcare system, doctor would be well paid. Not as well as they are now, but by the standards of everybody else they would be top earners.

If healthcare is so bad for doctors, then why hasn't there been a mass migration of doctors from socialized countries to the U.S.?

Maybe because doctors in these countries become doctors because they want to help people and not because their a bunch of whores like we have in this country.

Under socialized medicine, those damned elitist smart people would accept their proper place as slaves of the state, or they would go into other lines of work (at least until THOSE lines of work became slaves of the state, too). Guess which one they would choose?

And never mind that your "do as you're told or else" attitude would leave the rest of us with subpar doctors. Hey, gotta break a few eggs on your way to being King of the Fucking Universe, right?

Yeah, the decision to stay in a country where you were born and raised and where all your family and friends live HAS to be all about a condemnation of other countries' economic systems. Of course it is.

If you have a horror of receiving your healthcare from a "whore" who's interested in being personally successful in his chosen field (the SWINE! How DARE he!), there are all kinds of charitable medical clinics in this country. Feel free to go to one. But stop trying to force ME to do so.

The fuck is it with leftists that they simply cannot STAND to let other people choose something different than what they have decreed is the "right" choice?

Do you really think that Doctors in every industrialized country in the world, except the U.S., consider themselves to 'Slaves'? Seriously?

'King of the universe'? That' s just too stupid to answer!

I trust non-American doctors a whole lot more than American doctors. Non-American doctors are motivated by a desire to cure malignancies. You can never be sure whether American doctors want to cure malignancies or if they just want to maximize billing. In most cases the AMA has set it up so that Doctors don't have a choice - they have to follow procedures that maximize billing.

If you think that you get 'best possible care' from American doctors, I have a bridge to sell you. What you get is maximum possible costs.

If I had not intervened and put the doctor in a position where I could have sued the daylights out of him if he didn't do what I asked, my son's lyme disease would have spread to his nervous system. It would have taken years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to cure him. Researchers recommend treating lyme disease according to the symtoms - the tests are not reliable until the disease has infected the nervous system. The AMA has decreed that lyme disease should not be treated unless the tests are positive - in contradiction to what lyme disease expert researchers say. That's becuse they make a fortune from it once the nervous system is affected. Before that a simple course of antibiotics cures it - but they don't make much money for that.

This is just oneexample, that I know of, where American doctors systematically fail to treat patients in the best way possible - but opt only for what maximizes billing.

Medical care is the U.S. is rated among the worst in the industrialized world, but costs by far the most.

Wise up!

I couldn't care less what you do, but I want access to quality healthcare at a reasonable cost - and to be able to trust that doctors are giving me the best possible treatment, not the most expensive.

Before he was elected President Obama spoke to a crowd and declared he wanted Single Payer health care, which of course his liberal media overwatch denied...and years later, as Harry Reid declared it to be, Barry set Single Payer in motion by destroying the e listing health care system and replacing it with one designed to fail, leading to single payer.

Obama's mandate that every American purchase Obama care was sorta like the militarized Dept of Land Management pointing sniper rifles at the heads of women / children and 'encouraging' them to leave so Harry Reid could use those public lands in a deal to enrich himself....

It's worth noting that Obama mocked the idea of a mandate when debating Hillary in the primaries. Arguably, it was why he beat her. He made her look like the corporatist she is.

He actually had no choice if he wanted the insurance companies to play along, he did not want the mandate.

See your words lower the cost of healthcare is not health insurance.

Hillary is not a criminal, no one is for open borders.
You're an idiot. I stopped reading your crap at this point.

Hillary operated an illegal unauthorized unencrypted unsecured (all crimes) server containing TOP SECRET+ data, data the US IG revealed was stolen by 6 foreign entities...making her crime - by definition - Espionage, which by definition does not require 'Intent'.

The FBI openly stated over 15,000 pieces of OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS - CLASSIFIED EVIDENCE - she tried to destroy after receiving a subpoena demanding she turn over everything was recovered.
- 15,000 criminal counts of Obstruction

- 15,000 criminal counts of violations of the FOIA

- 15,000 criminal counts of violations of the Federal Records Act

- 15,000 criminal counts of violations of Mishandling Classified ...

....and we have barely scratched the surface of what she did.

Hillary Clinton is a f*ing FELON who was proven to have broken numerous laws and compromised national security...not to mentioning how she abandoned 4 Americans to die at the hands of Al Qaeda.

WTF is wrong with you regard Hillary supporters and the denial if so much existing evidence?

You hate Trump - got it. I understand that ... But WTF is up with supporting that traitorous felon?
That is all garbage all investigated and she was careless BFD.... Everyone was careless about emails and her server seems to be the only one that has not been hacked. Help arrived at Benghazi after 30 minutes and nothing could be done. Like fox or Rush or GOP politicians or whatever part of the gigantic propaganda machine you listen to, you are full of s***LOL...
Every respected media in the world says you're nuts... a conspiracy Nut Job LOL. I actually like Trump, just not his domestic lies and the continuing give away to the rich. I always wanted a businessman, still hoping he changes the channel....

He actually had no choice if he wanted the insurance companies to play along, he did not want the mandate.

He had a choice. He could have vetoed it. He should have. He sold us out.

He had a choice. He could have vetoed it. He should have. He sold us out.
Progressives have been trying to pass a healthcare system for a hundred years and more against corrupt GOP obstruction and Dupes like you... It finally got done by the skin of our teeth. Sorry about giving 30 million people Healthcare and setting up a framework for making it affordable and bringing down costs, shoult head.

Progressives have been trying to pass a healthcare system for a hundred years and more against corrupt GOP obstruction and Dupes like you... It finally got done by the skin of our teeth.

Right. And that's just not the way to implement broad social change like nationalizing health insurance. It should be done with real consensus or not at all.

Progressives have been trying to pass a healthcare system for a hundred years and more against corrupt GOP obstruction and Dupes like you... It finally got done by the skin of our teeth.

Right. And that's just not the way to implement broad social change like nationalizing health insurance. It should be done with real consensus or not at all.
And when one party is totally owned by the corrupt and greedy big health and big Pharma and their silly doops like you parrot total BS? This is the way it happens and it will be tinkered with forever, just like in every other country...

First off, for those that know me...I am a conservative.
I do ask the question in sincerity.
Last year with health premiums, and healthcare bills, my wife and I spent $7,040 for the two of us.
Then add in the employers portion of premium and that totals up to roughly $11,000.
Even with that, we are well below the average cost the average American pays.
So, would I pay out say... $600 a month in taxes, and my employer in lieu of paying premiums, pay another $400 a month? Instead of paying an insurer?
Yes, yes I would.
But only if the care was equally as good.
And would it be?
How would we, as a nation, pay for the bums and lazy asses who won't work?
Should a "health tax" be income specific? So someone who makes $250,000 a year would pay a great deal more than a $50,000 a year person? Would that work?

One thing is for certain. The current system is not working well. We are paying more and more and more to insurers who are raising deductibles and increasing premiums while covering less.
What fix is there?
There is no fix... that the federal government can do they will only make it worse.
Expecting everyone to pay into a pool and instant healthcare is beyond retarded, like the progressives think.

Last edited:
It is way past time for Universal Health Care. Why are we the only developed country without Healthcare daycare paid parental leave living wage cheap College and training good vacations Fair taxes on the rich national ID card to stop illegal immigration Etc etc etc? Scumbag GOP and silly dupes Like Norman...
Pipe dream...
The problem with socialist Europe is that you’re forced into their system whether you want it or not. And they have not even figured out how to pay for the shit to begin with

I don’t think there will ever be universal government healthcare insurance in America.

I don’t think Americans have the mindset for it.
Why force that shit on people that want nothing to do with it, cannot afford it and will never use it?

Forum List

Back