🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Kasich/Rubio the GOP's best ticket?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Good article from Larry Sabato in Politico:

The 2016 Results We Can Already Predict - Larry J. Sabato and Kyle Kondik and Geoffrey Skelley - POLITICO Magazine

The GOP is probably starting off behind on electoral votes, so Sabato says: "...if Republicans lose either Florida or Ohio, the nominee has no realistic path to victory. Both states are typically at least slightly more Republican than the nation as a whole. If GOP voters are thinking strategically during the nominating process, they will pick a candidate with a profile appealing to Sunshine and Buckeye state residents.

If Sabato is correct, a Kasich/Rubio ticket would make a lot of sense. It also makes sense in other ways as well - experience, demographics, probably Tea-Party friendly.

A few hundred more interesting articles on the way between now and then, no doubt.

sabatographic503.jpg

Wow! Did I call this yesterday! ladies and gentleman, yes, I'm this politically smart.

Start listening to me.

many riches on the GOP side...The Dems have Hillary..........................................................:wine:

Greg

Realistically both Oregon and New Mexico should be safe D on that map. In 2012 Obama won Oregon by more than Romney won Mississippi and New Mexico by about the same margin Romney won Indiana. Sabato put both Indiana and Mississippi as safe seats and yet Oregon and New Mexico are only likely....if you go back to the 2008 election the numbers only get more in favor of the Democrats (including Obama winning Indiana...).

Also at this point I'm pretty sure NH and possibly NV are at least lean D, especially considering both were won by bigger margins in 2012 than PA and PA is lean D.

I know the map is based on more than just the 2012 election but it does seem a bit bias. None of the demographic trends in those four states seem to be favoring Republicans either. At least in Iowa there is a slight trend to the GOP.

I could live with them...the question is, could Walker carry WI?

If the answer is yes...and I think it is possible...does a Walker/Rubio ticket have an even higher success rate from a strategic standpoint? There's still a good shot at carrying Ohio in that scenario as well...

we don't hardly know where Kashic stands on things. and from what I've seen he's caved to the lib/rino status a lot.

I'm holding out right now for Walker, Curz. rubio maybe. really it's all to early to tell yet

I'm sick and tired of all these predictions already when we still have a year and half to deal with the dicktator Obama and his nasty administration and party

Kasich? The second coming of Jon Huntsman?

Moderates do so well in the GOP primaries, you know.

Good article from Larry Sabato in Politico:

The 2016 Results We Can Already Predict - Larry J. Sabato and Kyle Kondik and Geoffrey Skelley - POLITICO Magazine

The GOP is probably starting off behind on electoral votes, so Sabato says: "...if Republicans lose either Florida or Ohio, the nominee has no realistic path to victory. Both states are typically at least slightly more Republican than the nation as a whole. If GOP voters are thinking strategically during the nominating process, they will pick a candidate with a profile appealing to Sunshine and Buckeye state residents.

If Sabato is correct, a Kasich/Rubio ticket would make a lot of sense. It also makes sense in other ways as well - experience, demographics, probably Tea-Party friendly.

A few hundred more interesting articles on the way between now and then, no doubt.

sabatographic503.jpg

Kasich doesn't talk crazy enough to win the nomination

I like Kasich....but I don't want a wetback VP. If they get the nominaton, I am going to start a hate group just in opposition to a wetback VP I think I will call it the Coffee Party.

no Kasich or roobio for me , they won't be getting my vote !!
You do realize, the canadian wetback, Ted Cruz, recently gave a speech at the wetback chamber of commerce where he changed his stance on immigration.

we don't hardly know where Kashic stands on things. and from what I've seen he's caved to the lib/rino status a lot.

I'm holding out right now for Walker, Curz. rubio maybe. really it's all to early to tell yet

I'm sick and tired of all these predictions already when we still have a year and half to deal with the dicktator Obama and his nasty administration and party

Don't you think you should find out?

Don't forget Walker pissed off the Unions.

Don't count out Carson.

Don't you think you should find out?

Don't forget Walker pissed off the Unions.

Don't count out Carson.
:lol: Carson. A fag and the poster tar baby for teapers trying to claim they aren't racist. He will be out before the end of the quarter. Teapers hate too much to support a negro. :lol: Ben Carson...go away...he has no chance in hell.

Kasich is fiscally conservative and socially moderate. He's done a great job in Ohio. I hope he runs.

Forum List

Back