Is Matt Gaetz Wrong?

Everyone has sounded the Alarm, for decades now....
What he did, and others like him but previously, is bitch and moan and cause a ruckus of insecurity in the markets and with the dollar, causing downgrading, which causes our debt interest payments to go up, making foreign investors in the dollar and the US markets more skeptical to invest, which causes us to add more to the national debt, without congress spending a penny..... AND WITHOUT ever solving the problem, just bitching and bringing the worlds attention to it, hurts us....big time!

Why not simply work on, and pass, a budget each year instead of this perpetual dog and pony shows of right wingers, who never accomplish anything.
This ability to remove a speaker of the house by one congressman objecting makes the USA Congress less stable....
Markets like stability...Investors like stability....it's why the USA has been so successful on the Global scene the past hundred years.....
This knee jerk crazy shit, hurts us! Hurts us badly!
That is one of your dumber posts. Just partisan tripe with no proof.
You should be thanking Matt for sounding the alarm, and doing something about the deficit,
Democrats add to the deficit, Republicans add to the deficit.
We'll see who reduces it.

That is one of your dumber posts. Just partisan tripe with no proof.
You should be thanking Matt for sounding the alarm, and doing something about the deficit,
Democrats add to the deficit, Republicans add to the deficit.
We'll see who reduces it.
If Gaetz were serious about the debt he’d a pulled this stunt during the debt negotiations. He didn’t. He’s not

If Gaetz were serious about the debt he’d a pulled this stunt during the debt negotiations. He didn’t. He’s not
What debt negotiations? There are none, just Bill by Bill negotiations in the House and Senate.
Then when they meet the Senate Bills, nothing happens to cut spending.

I would love to see televised negotiations with the Fed and fiscal experts to map a plan to a balanced budget, but that will never happen.
Default and collapse of the dollar will happen first.

What debt negotiations? There are none, just Bill by Bill negotiations in the House and Senate.
Then when they meet the Senate Bills, nothing happens to cut spending.

I would love to see televised negotiations with the Fed and fiscal experts to map a plan to a balanced budget, but that will never happen.
Default and collapse of the dollar will happen first.
Never heard of omnibus spending bills?

Sure, that's where they just increase the last bloated Budget.

There are NEVER debt reduction negotiations.
Where was Gaetz then? Too busy screwing underaged hookers?

If you disagree with Matt Gaetz, tell me how.

I don't technically disagree with him BUT you also need a dose of reality and the ability to look at the long term picture. First, it does absolutely no good to pass House legislation that has zero possibility of getting past the Senate and signed by a Democratic president. By making yourself and the Republicans look like a bunch of whacko extremists who can't even govern themselves, there is now a much greater risk that the next election will usher in a Democratic House all over again, which defeats the very purpose of what you want. Like it or not, you need a long term game plan and the long term game plan should be to have an unsurmountable Republican House, Senate, and the presidency and you aren't going to achieve that long term goal if you make yourselves look like a bunch of extremist whackos. You need to be more subtle, gain control over years, then institute your agenda.

My point was that in 2021 the interest on the Debt was $379b a year.
Today it is $1.5T
Next year it will be $2T

The US dollar is collapsing unless we get our Budget back to balance.

To his credit Matt is sounding the alarm bell, as loudly as he can.

Will the House and Senate take the needed fiscal actions? I doubt it.
He's want to be Guv of Florida. That's what all his bullshit is about.

Gaetz has a right to his opinion in a democracy. What's wrong is the entire democrat congress siding with him for political reasons.

No, he likely saved the US. I suspect that this move is going to have long lasting results, or at least as long as the GOP holds the keys to Congress. Spending is going to go down, at least for awhile.

It all depends on who's elected the new speaker. It's it's another one like McCarthy, then all of Gaetz efforts will be for nothing. And the worst of it is, he'll probably get the blame.

Jordan is better than McCarthy. But they really need someone like Gaetz or Chip Roy to be the speaker. I'm just wondering why Gaetz hasn't put his name in the hat.

Matt is 100% right.
Here is the 2021 Budget. TWO YEARS AGO!

2021 Federal Budget

Outlays $4.88T
Receipts $3.86T
Deficit $1.02T

Discretionary Spending
Defense $753b
Non-defense $733b
Total $1.49T

Mandatory Spending
Social Security $1,115b
Medicare 746b
Medicaid 452b
Other 660b
Interest on Debt $379b THIS INTEREST SOON TO BE $2T !!!!!!!!!!!!
Total $3.39T

The US needs to cut spending and raise taxes at least $2T a year...NOW!!
(Look up the 2022 and 2023 and 2024 Budgets)

Agreed, doing both together is the only way to begin getting a handle on the debt.

The democrats controlled the budget process, so ask Nancy and Chuckie why the deficit is exploding.
2024 is the first time in years that Republicans have the House, and that by a very slim margin.

Republicans during Trumps first two years also exploded the budget. His first spending bill was $1.4 trillion. The democrats are bad. But both together are destroying the dollar.

By design of the Constitution, the budget rests in the House of Representatives. They have no restrictions upon them, nor does the Senate, to keep from working on a balanced budget on October 1st. They need to be working on our budget from 10/1/xx and have it completed no later than February.

The people should demand it of them or hold them to account for failing to do so.
Why done by Feb? The new Budget would not begin until the following October?

I do think you are right in that it would be better if the budget was completed and passed BEFORE the budget is due in October, maybe before they leave for August Break.....

Where was Gaetz then? Too busy screwing underaged hookers?
The real problem is that if anyone does real budget reductions the hues and cries of endless numbers of people dying will boom throughout the land. And that puts consternation on citizens who depend on government for checks and benefits. Progs use the senior citizen card all the time.

The real problem is that if anyone does real budget reductions the hues and cries of endless numbers of people dying will boom throughout the land. And that puts consternation on citizens who depend on government for checks and benefits. Progs use the senior citizen card all the time.
So budget cuts are not popular.

Got it

Why done by Feb? The new Budget would not begin until the following October?

I do think you are right in that it would be better if the budget was completed and passed BEFORE the budget is due in October, maybe before they leave for August Break.....

The damn budget should be done and ready to go, like you say, long before it's due. I think the stalling is like Gaetz points out. That they stall so it's easier to pass with all the pork in it. Because getting one passed is more important than what's in it. (if you wait until passed the deadline) It then makes it urgent.

Forum List

Back