Is Matt Gaetz Wrong?

The democrats controlled the budget process, so ask Nancy and Chuckie why the deficit is exploding.
2024 is the first time in years that Republicans have the House, and that by a very slim margin.
The Republicans were in the majority the first two years of the Trump administration in both the House with Paul Ryan as Speaker and in the Senate with Mitch McConnell as Majority Leader.

That is one of your dumber posts. Just partisan tripe with no proof.
You should be thanking Matt for sounding the alarm, and doing something about the deficit,
Democrats add to the deficit, Republicans add to the deficit.
We'll see who reduces it.
So do you think Matt will do it on his own? If so...please explain.

Because what he did with this stunt is ensure that nobody is going to want to work with him.

The Republicans were in the majority the first two years of the Trump administration in both the House with Paul Ryan as Speaker and in the Senate with Mitch McConnell as Majority Leader.
That was when the multi billion-dollar tax cut was passed. Gee...do you recall when kyzr was talking about us needing to raise taxes? I do...it was earlier in this thread. But somehow he seems to not remember that happening. Strange.

So do you think Matt will do it on his own? If so...please explain.

Because what he did with this stunt is ensure that nobody is going to want to work with him.
Actually Matt knows to keep his head down now.
The new speaker (Jim Jordan I hope) will have to pull all Republicans together.
Its the old "Hang together or hang separately"

My point was that in 2021 the interest on the Debt was $379b a year.
Today it is $1.5T
Next year it will be $2T

The US dollar is collapsing unless we get our Budget back to balance.

To his credit Matt is sounding the alarm bell, as loudly as he can.

Will the House and Senate take the needed fiscal actions? I doubt it.

Neither party in the end really cares about bouncing the budget. Republicans talk about it but they never actually make any significant spending cuts. Under both bush and trump while they controlled both houses of congress, They raised spending and cut taxes. And if you'll notice if there was a republican in the white house, they don't say anything about the budget. Republicans only care about the budget when There is a democrat in the white house.

Neither party in the end really cares about bouncing the budget. Republicans talk about it but they never actually make any significant spending cuts. Under both bush and trump while they controlled both houses of congress, They raised spending and cut taxes. And if you'll notice if there was a republican in the white house, they don't say anything about the budget. Republicans only care about the budget when There is a democrat in the white house.
I will say this about the two parties...

At least the GOP talks about it then...the Democrats seldom ever talk about cutting spending when they are in power or when they are not.

But you're right. When they have both the Oval Office and Congress and some leverage to cut spending; they never do.

I will say this about the two parties...

At least the GOP talks about it then...the Democrats seldom ever talk about cutting spending when they are in power or when they are not.

But you're right. When they have both the Oval Office and Congress and some leverage to cut spending; they never do.
The republicans talk about it and then do the complete opposite of what they actually say should be done. They say cut spending, And then they cut spending from a handful of programs that don't even add up to a thousandth of the over all budget, While raising spending for things they like, By far more than any of the cuts they made, And then when the deficit and the debt go up As a result, They blame it on the democrats.

Actually Matt knows to keep his head down now.
The new speaker (Jim Jordan I hope) will have to pull all Republicans together.
Its the old "Hang together or hang separately"
With all the gerrymandering cases going against the Republicans, he only has about 15 months before Hakeem the Dream becomes Speaker.

Fyi
The 2021 budget began over 3 years ago, Oct. 1, 2020....fiscal budget goes October 1 thru Sept 30th!

Yes, we spend too much and collect too little, in taxes.

But it was still wrong for Matt to do this in the manner that he did, it weakened the USA in the world's eyes.....this "arrangement" of vacating the office of speaker with McCarthy imo.
/------/ Yes, we spend too much and collect too much in taxes.
There. I fixed it for you. No need to thank me.

The republicans talk about it and then do the complete opposite of what they actually say should be done. They say cut spending, And then they cut spending from a handful of programs that don't even add up to a thousandth of the over all budget, While raising spending for things they like, By far more than any of the cuts they made, And then when the deficit and the debt go up As a result, They blame it on the democrats.
What else goes along with the cuts to social spending is that it forces the states to take up the shortfall or discontinue the program all together.

I'll take that bet.
Even democrats hate the open border policy.
Dems are toast in 2024.

It's a two party system. The ping pong match between the two is inevitable. If the GOP would actually cut spending as they campaign on, they'd keep the ball on their side longer.

I'll take that bet.
Even democrats hate the open border policy.
Dems are toast in 2024.
Are you sure people are all that concerned, considering lots of people have jobs and we need to get our veggies picked? Arugula and jicama don’t make it to your table by themselves.

Are you sure people are all that concerned, considering lots of people have jobs and we need to get our veggies picked? Arugula and jicama don’t make it to your table by themselves.
As far as I know we're paying to keep the migrants in 4* and 5* hotels. They aren't picking anything.
Did you see all the pissed-off black voters in Chicago yelling at their pols?
Open borders and preferential treatment for migrants is rubbing all voters the wrong way.
Remember when Biden wanted to give them each $450,000?

Forum List

Back