🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is The Establishment Conservative Press Irrelevant?

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
On the Kelly File tonight it was revealed that something like ten or fifteen high powered conservative writers from National Review and others have come out to attack Donald Trump as not being conservative enough and not qualified to be the republican candidate for president, and they have devoted a whole issue of the magazine to this. I am incensed by this elitist and establishment effort to save their jobs.

Let's see where all these staunch conservatives have been for the last eight years and what they have accomplished. Let's take,the accomplishment part first. Nada, zero, nothing, not even a blip on the radar. So how have all these people helped the conservative cause? Did they create a real plan to replace Obamacare? Did they propose a real plan to solve the immigration problem. Did they create a road map to stop obamas illegal executive orders. Did they advise the congress on how to solve the budget problem. Did they rail against the latest budget deal.?

Where have they stood on electing conservative candidates? They supported Romney, never wrote about his conservatism. They supported Mitch McConnell, he is a better democrat than Reid. They fought for Charley Christ over Marco Rubio in Florida. They support Paul Ryan who has become so sorry that he says this year is going to be about creating programs to be instituted after the election. Like,what is h even there for.

I am not naive about Donald trumps conservative credentials. I have no doubt he will go down some roads I don't want to ride on, but that is t the point. Conservatives, both real and imagined have accomplished nothing. The last eight years have showcased the most incompetent republican contingency in my lifetime. They have been the gang that couldn't shoot straight for,so long that they don't even realize how bad,they are. They have sold out the voters who put them in office. Now conservatives are more worried about their jobs then their conservatism. They have accomplished nothing yet want us to believe that their advice is critical now.

Our country is being destroyed. If you consider nothing but the national debt we are almost on life support. Trump has the ability to stop the slide. He will make deals. He will do things that the other candidates are incapable of. He can turn around our national nightmare. He will,have people cross party lines to vote for him. He will get something done. Conservative commentators who have a track record of no accomplishment and failure need to step aside and let people,who have a chance to make this country great again lead. My guess is,that the national review articles attacking trump will only increase trumps support. Wake up boys!

"Save their jobs"? How the hell would it "save their jobs"?

Seems to me their job is to analyze. So they do it.

Analyze for what. It's hot,air, with a touch of pomposity added in for good measure. If your analysis leads to no positive results it is just hot air. What conservative values have been perpetrated in the last eight years. That is the crux of the matter.

Analyze for what. It's hot,air, with a touch of pomposity added in for good measure. If your analysis leads to no positive results it is just hot air. What conservative values have been perpetrated in the last eight years. That is the crux of the matter.

You're just whining about disagreeing with what their opinion turned out to be. That's got nothing to do with "saving their jobs". The job of political analyst has no end.

"Trump has the ability to stop the slide. He will make deals. He will do things that the other candidates are incapable of. He can turn around our national nightmare."

More hyperbolic nonsense – there is no 'slide,' no 'nightmare,' and Trump is no 'savior.'

I would t expect you to agree with the vast majority of Americans who feel the country is headed in the wrong direction Clayton. I wouldn't expect you to even notice how angry the electorate is on both sides. You will never admit that doubling our national debt to the tune of 20 trillion is a bad thing. Generally as with most libs on here you will not let reality intrude on your partisanship. I never claimed trump is a savior, but at this point in time he is better than the other choices. He has the ability to stop the bleeding. You also provide the perfect example of liberal ignorance when you believe that making America great again is hyperbolic idiocy.

Pogo, the title of the thread is that these guys have become irrelevant. Just like a bureaucracy, you can still have a job and be irrelevant. The point is that their high and mighty pontificating about how a conservative should behave as far as the voters are concerned is falling on deaf ears.

Forum List

Back