🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is the USA a nation?

As I said it's a union of sovereign States, granted power by those States who can revoke all or any of those powers at will.

Cool story, bro.

A nation is a single unit, we are a limited union of 50 units. Just like the EU is a limited union of sovereign States.

Ah, now I see the problem! You have no idea what a nation is!

Story my ass, if 3/4ths of the States decided to dissolve the union or any portion of it, they could do so constitutionally.
So you say.

Story my ass, if 3/4ths of the States decided to dissolve the union or any portion of it, they could do so constitutionally.

That has no bearing on whether the USA is a nation. You clearly don't have any idea what a nation is.

As I said it's a union of sovereign States, granted power by those States who can revoke all or any of those powers at will.

Cool story, bro.

A nation is a single unit, we are a limited union of 50 units. Just like the EU is a limited union of sovereign States.

Ah, now I see the problem! You have no idea what a nation is!

So you say.

No that's what Article 5 says.

That has no bearing on whether the USA is a nation. You clearly don't have any idea what a nation is.

You're the one that lacks understanding. A nation is sovereign, the federal government is a limited management entity created by Sovereign States, using a contract know as the Constitution.

You're the one that lacks understanding. A nation is sovereign, the federal government is a limited management entity created by Sovereign States, using a contract know as the Constitution.

Being a nation has nothing to do with being sovereign.

You almost gotta laugh that the freaking "emerging" (government at the point of a gun) "nations" in freaking Africa recognized by the bar scene from Star Wars aka the U.N. but ignorant hypocrite lefties in the U.S. still don't recognize their own Country as a "nation".
Damn, I did not realize that OK Texas, Contuminous, and the others were liberals. Who'ad a thunk it.

Seems that a vocabulary lesson is in order.

Nation: A body of people sharing a common cultural identity based on a shared history, language, traditions and customs, ethnicity, etc. A nation is a social/cultural construct, separate from legal status. Ex: The Jewish Nation has existed for thousands of years, even as a nomadic people having no state of their own.

Nation-state: A sovereign state such that the citizenry of the state and the members of the nation substantially overlap; a state whose claim to sovereignty is draws from the shared national identity of its citizenry. Ex: Egypt is a nation-state.

Seems that a vocabulary lesson is in order.

Nation: A body of people sharing a common cultural identity based on a shared history, language, traditions and customs, ethnicity, etc. A nation is a social/cultural construct, separate from legal status. Ex: The Jewish Nation has existed for thousands of years, even as a nomadic people having no state of their own.

Nation-state: A sovereign state such that the citizenry of the state and the members of the nation substantially overlap; a state whose claim to sovereignty is draws from the shared national identity of its citizenry. Ex: Egypt is a nation-state.

Why are those definitions relevant?

In the case of the US of A there are 50 nations which have given the federal government exclusive authority to

conduct FOREIGN affairs
ensure that commerce between the states flows unrestricted

and NO OTHER POWER WHATSOEVER

Yes? No? Explain.

Not if conservatives had their way. They want a Balkan style mess of 50 separate nation states.

I'd hope if they got their way my state of oregon would join our own union with Califorina and washington. Maybe New England could also be its own country and we could work together as friends.

Let the loserterians have their dozens of other countries and see how that works out for them. lol...What a joke.

Yes? No? Explain.

Not if conservatives had their way. They want a Balkan style mess of 50 separate nation states.

I'd hope if they got their way my state of oregon would join our own union with Califorina and washington. Maybe New England could also be its own country and we could work together as friends.

Let the loserterians have their dozens of other countries and see how that works out for them. lol...What a joke.

Ahahaha guess who grows your food fool...that's right the staunchly conservative valleys and eastern regions of California, Oregon, and Washington. You bunch of leftwit traitors would starve to death.

Yes? No? Explain.

Ahahaha guess who grows your food fool...that's right the staunchly conservative valleys and eastern regions of California, Oregon, and Washington. You bunch of leftwit traitors would starve to death.

LOL you named 3 blue states.

Forum List

Back