Is there a god?

Then let's see your argument against it. OK?
That's not how things are proven or disproven. It's a homily and a quote from an author's musings. Your proving skills are in need of an upgrade.
Let's see....

Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Thomas Aquinas, Confucius all agree with me that virtue leads to peace and harmony.

Can you name someone who doesn't believe that virtue leads to peace and harmony?
Philosophers, not people with proof.
Can you explain why you believe that virtue does not lead to peace and harmony?
Not saying it can’t, just that you’ve shown no proof that it has.
I have shown plenty of proof that it does. Logic tells us it does. Experience tells us it does. History tells us it does. Great thinkers tells us it does.

You on the other hand have offered nothing that says it doesn't.

And now you are crawfishing even on that. You lose.

Then let's see your argument against it. OK?
That's not how things are proven or disproven. It's a homily and a quote from an author's musings. Your proving skills are in need of an upgrade.
Let's see....

Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Thomas Aquinas, Confucius all agree with me that virtue leads to peace and harmony.

Can you name someone who doesn't believe that virtue leads to peace and harmony?
So... Can you explain why you believe that virtue does not lead to peace and harmony?

Taz believes in a concept of fair but doesn't believe that that means she believes a moral law exists in men.

Yet she expects others to know and follow this invisible law of common decency but still doesn't recognize that it is a moral law.

From a Darwinian point of view virtuous behavior is a functional advantage.

It is this functional advantage that explains why when people behave virtuously they experience order and harmony.

The reason that Taz cannot explain why virtue does not lead to order and harmony is because there is no evidence that supports why virtue does not lead to order and harmony because virtue is a functional advantage which does lead to order and harmony.

That's a personal opinion, not proof.
Observations of behaviors and outcomes are proof, taz.

Where is your proof?

We know that moral laws do exist because of our behaviors and outcomes when we violate the moral laws.
If I lie to save my life, then violating the moral law has a positive outcome. Fuck brah, this is too easy. :biggrin:
Did you bear false witness in doing so? Did you violate a promise in doing so? You lose again.
Violate a promise? :lmao:
It's called keeping your word and it is a moral law and there are predictable surprises when one is not true to his word. Most people see this as a self evident truth.
Lying can lead to positive outcomes, now THAT'S a self-evident truth.

Let's see....

I have shown plenty of proof that it does. Logic tells us it does. Experience tells us it does. History tells us it does. Great thinkers tells us it does.

"History tells us it does" you couldn't give me 5 examples. The rest is just peoples' opinion and musings on the subject, not actual proof.

Let's see....

So... Can you explain why you believe that virtue does not lead to peace and harmony?
It probably can, but nobody has shown that it has.

Let's see....

"History tells us it does" you couldn't give me 5 examples. The rest is just peoples' opinion and musings on the subject, not actual proof.
All one has to do to know that virtue leads to order and harmony is to look at their own experiences to know that virtue leads to order and harmony.

Two thankful people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two thankless people.
Two honest people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two dishonest people.
Two caring people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two cruel people.
Two loving people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two hateful people.
Two humble people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two arrogant people.
Two selfless people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two selfish people.
Two appreciative people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two unappreciative people.

Let's see....

It is this functional advantage that explains why when people behave virtuously they experience order and harmony.

Observations of behaviors and outcomes are proof, taz.

Where is your proof?

We know that moral laws do exist because of our behaviors and outcomes when we violate the moral laws.
If I lie to save my life, then violating the moral law has a positive outcome. Fuck brah, this is too easy. :biggrin:
Did you bear false witness in doing so? Did you violate a promise in doing so? You lose again.
It's called keeping your word and it is a moral law and there are predictable surprises when one is not true to his word. Most people see this as a self evident truth.
Not in the long run it doesn't. Truth is always the best answer.

All one has to do to know that virtue leads to order and harmony is to look at their own experiences to know that virtue leads to order and harmony.

Two thankful people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two thankless people.
Two honest people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two dishonest people.
Two caring people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two cruel people.
Two loving people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two hateful people.
Two humble people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two arrogant people.
Two selfless people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two selfish people.
Two appreciative people will always have a more orderly and harmonious relationship than two unappreciative people.
Still just your opinion, not anywhere near what's known as "proof". Go buy a fucking dictionary.

Personal opinion mixed with some mumbo jumbo. Not proof either.

The truth can get you killed, so no, not always the way forward.

Still just your opinion, not anywhere near what's known as "proof". Go buy a fucking dictionary.
You believe in the concept of fairness and expect everyone else to know and follow this invisible law of common decency but still won't recognize this as the moral law?

Personal opinion mixed with some mumbo jumbo. Not proof either.
No. Factual evidence. You do understand how natural selection works, right?

Are you denying evolution?

Everyone is going to die, Taz. If you died tomorrow would you be proud of what you did in this world? Because if not, you better start getting square.

You believe in the concept of fairness and expect everyone else to know and follow this invisible law of common decency but still won't recognize this as the moral law?
Why do you INSIST on other people accepting shit you make up? There is no invisible law of common decency and the only moral laws are the 10 big ones, which nobody follows.

Everyone is going to die, Taz. If you died tomorrow would you be proud of what you did in this world? Because if not, you better start getting square.
Yes, very proud. And no invisible guy needed to threaten me. Imagine that!

Why do you INSIST on other people accepting shit you make up? There is no invisible law of common decency and the only moral laws are the 10 big ones, which nobody follows.
But you yourself demonstrate on a daily basis that you believe there is an invisible law of common decency. You believe in the concept of fairness.

Forum List

Back