Is there a god?

I have chosen the better portion. I hope you find half as much happiness in life as I have.
If it makes you feel better, than believer in the Spaghetti Monster if you want. Where I have a problem is when religion is the reason for so much killing in the world, or when parents want Creation taught in science class, which is fucking with kids' minds, or when idiots say that they have a god given right to a gun... then I have a big problem with religion.
I think you are confusing man's interpretation of religious doctrine, with God's intent, expressed through said doctrine. Man is, by our very nature, imperfect, and therefore, do things that are against God's will. This fact does not, in any way, change God's will, or His plan/intent. God gave man the gift of reason so that each individual may CHOOSE their own path. That we may question the very existence of a god. What we do with that gift/ability is up to us, and our actions (regardless of their origins) are on us, as individuals.
Seriously brah, if there was a god, do you actually think that it would need to express its will through A FUCKING BOOK??? AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Are you being serious, or just facetious? HOW ELSE WOULD IT EXPRESS ITSELF? Furthermore, it was not God who expressed himself through a book. God expressed himself through men, and commanded men to write an account of said expression. Therefore, the Bible, Koran, Torah, and all other religious documents are, at most, man's interpretation of God's will. Are you really so uneducated as to not understand that?
Is god so lame that he can't express himself directly to me, and that I can only get in touch with him through a 2000 year old book of non-stop nonsense not in evidence written by people who were so primitive that they hadn't even been able to invent toilet paper at that time? Do you understand THAT?
If that is your understanding, then you really do not understand the teachings as I know them. I am not inclined to attempt to explain them to you, as you seem to have utter contempt of the idea, and therefore I see it as an exercise in futility.

I cannot resist:

Q) What do you get when you cross a dyslexic with an agnostic?

A) Someone who sits around wondering if there is a '"dog".

I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god(s), but am open to changing my mind given empirical proof either way. That's why I first came here, to see if there was anything concrete that people believed in. Apparently, there's not. Not here, anyways.
Well, if it's empirical proof you seek, I wish you all the luck in the world. I doubt you will ever find any, at least not in this life. See, the problem is that the very concept of god is far beyond anything we mere humans can comprehend. Therefore, empirical proof is impossible.
In other words, you have no real proof so you scapegoat your made up god and say that it's so on another level that there can be no proof. Oldest trick in The Book. YAWWWWN!
Ok, maybe this will be of more interest to you. Assume, for a moment, there is a god, and that said god created the entire universe. What tells you that we, as mere humans, would have the ability to come even close to comprehending what that god is, let alone "real proof" that said god exists? What tells you that we have the ability to explain such an entity? Such an entity would, I say is, so far beyond our ability to comprehend that we really have no hope of EVER understanding. Therefore, what you ask for is far beyond your ability to comprehend, and is, therefore, completely futile. Unless, of course, you can explain where all the matter in the universe came from... If not a god, then what? It just always has been? Where did the laws of nature come from? If evolution is the truth, then why did life on this planet only start once? Do you understand what the odds of THAT scenario are, that life, spontaneously, started only once in the entire history of the world?
What tells you that we wouldn't have the ability to explain and understand such an entity? You're assuming facts not in evidence. And then say, well, since such an entity is beyond our scope, then I'll simply make one up, some hateful brah who drowns babies and adults, helps kills others, and threatens up with roasting if we don't obey a book. It's so totally ludicrous that I'm amazed that in this day and age, ANYONE still believes in that nonsense.
What tells you that we wouldn't have the ability to explain and understand such an entity?
Simple. Let me scale it back a bit. How could a machine, created by man, understand how it was created, if man did not tell it? Same concept.
you just can't admit that you can't prove there is a god, can you??
or are you going to prove it?

I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god(s), but am open to changing my mind given empirical proof either way. That's why I first came here, to see if there was anything concrete that people believed in. Apparently, there's not. Not here, anyways.
Well, if it's empirical proof you seek, I wish you all the luck in the world. I doubt you will ever find any, at least not in this life. See, the problem is that the very concept of god is far beyond anything we mere humans can comprehend. Therefore, empirical proof is impossible.
In other words, you have no real proof so you scapegoat your made up god and say that it's so on another level that there can be no proof. Oldest trick in The Book. YAWWWWN!
Ok, maybe this will be of more interest to you. Assume, for a moment, there is a god, and that said god created the entire universe. What tells you that we, as mere humans, would have the ability to come even close to comprehending what that god is, let alone "real proof" that said god exists? What tells you that we have the ability to explain such an entity? Such an entity would, I say is, so far beyond our ability to comprehend that we really have no hope of EVER understanding. Therefore, what you ask for is far beyond your ability to comprehend, and is, therefore, completely futile. Unless, of course, you can explain where all the matter in the universe came from... If not a god, then what? It just always has been? Where did the laws of nature come from? If evolution is the truth, then why did life on this planet only start once? Do you understand what the odds of THAT scenario are, that life, spontaneously, started only once in the entire history of the world?
Just because at this point in time we don't know where all matter comes from doesn't default over to it being from an invisible being. That's pure fantasy.

If evolution isn't the truth, then do you believe that god just started plopping people around there earth? How did that work exactly? He made Adam out of thin air, then ripped out one of his ribs to make Eve?
It is beyond my understanding, something I can accept. Apparently you cannot, that's not a fault, just an observation. Some people require more evidence than I do. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is you classifying my beliefs as "fantasy" simply because you do not share them. That is really quite offensive to me, therefore I respectfully request you stop using that term. I thank you in advance.
You're offended because you live in a fantasy world? That's what it is when you have ZERO proof. If that makes you upset, well then maybe you're not as okay with it as you think.

If it makes you feel better, than believer in the Spaghetti Monster if you want. Where I have a problem is when religion is the reason for so much killing in the world, or when parents want Creation taught in science class, which is fucking with kids' minds, or when idiots say that they have a god given right to a gun... then I have a big problem with religion.
I think you are confusing man's interpretation of religious doctrine, with God's intent, expressed through said doctrine. Man is, by our very nature, imperfect, and therefore, do things that are against God's will. This fact does not, in any way, change God's will, or His plan/intent. God gave man the gift of reason so that each individual may CHOOSE their own path. That we may question the very existence of a god. What we do with that gift/ability is up to us, and our actions (regardless of their origins) are on us, as individuals.
Seriously brah, if there was a god, do you actually think that it would need to express its will through A FUCKING BOOK??? AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Are you being serious, or just facetious? HOW ELSE WOULD IT EXPRESS ITSELF? Furthermore, it was not God who expressed himself through a book. God expressed himself through men, and commanded men to write an account of said expression. Therefore, the Bible, Koran, Torah, and all other religious documents are, at most, man's interpretation of God's will. Are you really so uneducated as to not understand that?
Is god so lame that he can't express himself directly to me, and that I can only get in touch with him through a 2000 year old book of non-stop nonsense not in evidence written by people who were so primitive that they hadn't even been able to invent toilet paper at that time? Do you understand THAT?
If that is your understanding, then you really do not understand the teachings as I know them. I am not inclined to attempt to explain them to you, as you seem to have utter contempt of the idea, and therefore I see it as an exercise in futility.
I understand the teachings, apparently better than you do. There is no geologic proof for a worldwide flood that lasted 40 days and drowned nearly everyone on earth. How do you explain that?

I understand the teachings, apparently better than you do. There is no geologic proof for a worldwide flood that lasted 40 days and drowned nearly everyone on earth. How do you explain that?

How much do you think humans understand catastrophic events ever happened in the past billion years?

The Bible recorded down what a guy Noah saw. He's not a modern scientist. He saw water covered the top of a high mountain. Why do you have to assume that it's a flood while in you whole life you never saw a flood covering the top of a high mountain? Perhaps it's something else that humans never know of yet.

1. If there is a god, what does that mean?
The whole point is, humans are such a creature that they don't know the past, and they don't know the future. Humans are incapable of reach both ends. They are cut from direct access of both the past and the future. That's why you don't even know what you yourself just did today but a year ago.

We can indirectly access the past by putting our faith in human accounts of testimonies. That's what human history is. Similarly, the only possible way for humans to access the future indirectly is by believing human accounts of testimonies. If a God exists it means that humans can thus access the future through human accounts of testimonies. A truth of the future can be conveyed to us through the route (as the only way) God-->his witnesses-->common human folks in the timeline of humanity!

That's the significance of the existence of God. Whether those accounts of testimonies are lies or not, if there is a truth in the future which humans can reach, believing in one of these testimonies is the only way for humans to reach such a truth, under the circumstance that the God has a good reason to hide behind instead of showing us in front of all humans.

Christianity is based off testimonies of those eye witnesses who are willing to martyr themselves in order to bring forward the information (about a future concerning us)! By a said covenant between this God and man, humans will have to rely on faith to be saved. This provides the good reason why the Christianity God has to hide behind, as if He shows up it simultaneously means that you don't need faith in him and that by the covenant no humans can be saved.

Last edited:
you can't prove there is a god---just admit it

If there's proof , you don't need faith to believe. You are thus dead!

That's the point! And proof is never the way how humans reach a truth in this universe!

Do you, as an individual, have the proof that black holes exist. You don't. You know black holes exist for a fact but without any proof presented to you. It says that you don't actually rely on proof to reach a truth at all, even in the case of a scientific truth! In the end, we rely on believing the "testimonies" of our scientists to get to know the existence of black holes. We know for a fact that black holes exist not because we already saw the proof ourselves. Instead we have faith that our scientists won't lie to us. That's how our reality works!

Last edited:

That's the point!
great point :rolleyes-41:......
dead??!! what does that mean
ok, so you can't prove there is a god --finally we have someone to admit it

Do you have the capability even to read?!

By the covenant between God and man, if you have proof that God exists it means that by law you need to go to the eternal hell. If all mankind are presented with empirical proof, all mankind will have to go to hell, by what specified in the covenant!

Your ask for proof of God is an ask to put all mankind to hell!

That's the point!

That's the point!
great point :rolleyes-41:......
dead??!! what does that mean
ok, so you can't prove there is a god --finally we have someone to admit it

Do you have the capability even to read?!

By the covenant between God and man, if you have proof that God exists it means that by law you need to go to the eternal hell. If all mankind are presented with empirical proof, all mankind will have to go to hell, by what specified in the covenant!

Your ask for proof of God is an ask to put all mankind to hell!

That's the point!
no--I don't have the capability to read --sorry
asking for proof will put mankind to hell??
do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

What tells you that we wouldn't have the ability to explain and understand such an entity? You're assuming facts not in evidence. And then say, well, since such an entity is beyond our scope, then I'll simply make one up, some hateful brah who drowns babies and adults, helps kills others, and threatens up with roasting if we don't obey a book. It's so totally ludicrous that I'm amazed that in this day and age, ANYONE still believes in that nonsense.
What tells you that we wouldn't have the ability to explain and understand such an entity?
Simple. Let me scale it back a bit. How could a machine, created by man, understand how it was created, if man did not tell it? Same concept.
The Bullies' Pulpit

You are insulting us by telling us we are mere creations. That leads to being told that our self-appointed leaders represent such a God on earth.

How much do you think humans understand catastrophic events ever happened in the past billion years?

The Bible recorded down what a guy Noah saw. He's not a modern scientist. He saw water covered the top of a high mountain. Why do you have to assume that it's a flood while in you whole life you never saw a flood covering the top of a high mountain? Perhaps it's something else that humans never know of yet.
I don't assume that it's a worldwide flood, it says so in the bible. You don't believe the bible is true? That's cool, nobody else here does either, except maybe kw47, but he's a Jehovah's Witness, so he's already gone.

Just because at this point in time we don't know where all matter comes from doesn't default over to it being from an invisible being. That's pure fantasy.

If evolution isn't the truth, then do you believe that god just started plopping people around there earth? How did that work exactly? He made Adam out of thin air, then ripped out one of his ribs to make Eve?
What I do have a problem with is you classifying my beliefs as "fantasy" That is really quite offensive to me, therefore I request you stop using that term. .
"To Inhibit Them, Pretend They Offend"

You want us to believe that there are no fantasies then. And why should we care about offending someone who interferes with others, such as with abortion? On that matter, influence other Christians not to have abortions; don't tip the scales in an election in order to get a legislator who will impose your Puritanical sadism on the rest of society. Most likely, he will be a GreedHead looter, so you can go to your imaginary Hell.

You can't prove there isn't one.

The fact that the universe exist and there is nothing in human understanding that says that the universe could have created itself out of nothing then odds are that there is some intelligent design to our existence.

Just show me how something as big as this universe can create itself out of nothing then I will ditch my intelligent design theory.

Media Narrative by Those Who Were Even More Careless About Accuracy

Perhaps the Flood represents the extermination of the subhuman Neanderthal predators. Or the mass destruction caused by the global warming at the end of the Ice Age. "Forty days" probably represents only the tail end of what those who passed on the story actually witnessed.

Perhaps the Flood represents the extermination of the subhuman Neanderthal predators. Or the mass destruction caused by the global warming at the end of the Ice Age. "Forty days" probably represents only the tail end of what those who passed on the story actually witnessed.

All of the worldwide flood myths from every continent was most likely inspired by the aftermath of whatever celestial object left a crater 25 times the size of meteor crater in Arizona at the bottom of the Indian Ocean. The billions of metric tons of water instantly vaporized into the atmosphere could easily have caused a worldwide weeks long deluge of torrential rain and superstorms washing away every settlement situated near rivers and streams and even dry washes in the deserts not to mention the mega tsunamis that would have wiped out every coastal civilization.

So the Hebrews used that event as the basis to teach moral lessons to their children with a fictitious and metaphorical narrative using only a little hyperbole because they wouldn't have needed much. Whats so hard to believe or understand about that?

It could be one of the reasons that a belief in an invisible being in the sky of unimaginable power to destroy everything began all around the world.

Obviously the destruction was real and obviously whatever mighty supernatural being caused it needed to be appeased because obviously he was mad about something....

Last edited:

And 6 days for god means something else... ya, it's hard to discuss god with theists-of-the-bible who don't believe any of the stories of the bible except the ones they want to. Cherry-picking for Jesus!!! :biggrin:

And 6 days for god means something else... ya, it's hard to discuss god with theists-of-the-bible who don't believe any of the stories of the bible except the ones they want to. Cherry-picking for Jesus!!! :biggrin:

No, 6 days means 6 days.

How much time would it take you to teach children not to accept candy from strangers, not to be gullible, and how to deal with garden pests?

A year?

How much time would it take for you to explain to superstitious people that its stupid to pray for advise to a statue that has no eyes ears mouth or life and can't see hear or speak?

Forum List

Back