Is Vaping stupid?

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
I was at the doctor's office last week, and the broad at the front desk told me they have a new query for the patients "Do you vape". Of course the answer is "no" as I am 64 years old and don't vape - or smoke Tide Pods either -for that matter.

Its a stupid new world out there, with new genders being invented and new goofy looking habits being invented.

Vaping is stupid, but banning it is worse

I was at the doctor's office last week, and the broad at the front desk told me they have a new query for the patients "Do you vape". Of course the answer is "no" as I am 64 years old and don't vape - or smoke Tide Pods either -for that matter.

Its a stupid new world out there, with new genders being invented and new goofy looking habits being invented.

Vaping is the result of people trying to figure out a better cigarette. The issue with people getting sick isn't the vaping itself, it's vaping knock-off or illegal products that have no quality control and questionable added ingredients.

Since vaping leads to death or being put on a respirator, of course vaping is stupid.

That said, I no longer let them ask me those rude and impertinent "dirty doctor office questions" that imply I'm a criminal or an idiot. NO SCREENING! And no datamining. I don't answer personal questions, I say, and I get away with it. I'm only here to get X treated, I say, and I'd like to keep the focus on that.

Think of the idiocy and rudeness of asking a 64-year-old man if he "vapes"!!

Since vaping leads to death or being put on a respirator, of course vaping is stupid.

That said, I no longer let them ask me those rude and impertinent "dirty doctor office questions" that imply I'm a criminal or an idiot. NO SCREENING! And no datamining. I don't answer personal questions, I say, and I get away with it. I'm only here to get X treated, I say, and I'd like to keep the focus on that.

Think of the idiocy and rudeness of asking a 64-year-old man if he "vapes"!!

All vaping doesn't lead to death or respirators. It's using illegal THC oils contaminated with Vitamin E that is the issue.

I think vaping has a place for people trying to get away from cigarettes, and gradually reduce nicotine intake with the eventual goal of also quitting vaping. However, I have seen it with some friends that now vape and they are more addicted to the vaping. They cradle the damn thing like a baby, are obsessed with not running out of juice, and I think if they could hook it up to themselves while sleeping they would.

I think vaping has a place for people trying to get away from cigarettes, and gradually reduce nicotine intake with the eventual goal of also quitting vaping. However, I have seen it with some friends that now vape and they are more addicted to the vaping. They cradle the damn thing like a baby, are obsessed with not running out of juice, and I think if they could hook it up to themselves while sleeping they would.

They like using nicotine. How is it any different then a person who likes whiskey?

I don't know if it's stupid, but it sure is irritating being around someone that does. The smoke is worse than from cigarettes.

The big problem with vaping, from what I've seen, is how often people do it. People who vape are sucking on it constantly, way more than most cigarette smokers smoke. I've known a couple of people who tried to use vaping to quick smoking, but ended up using the vape all day, every day, and having at least as much of a problem as they did with the cigs.

I smoked for a long time, but never used a vape before I quit. It's been about 7 years since I last smoked, and vaping wasn't as big a thing then. I'm glad I never took it up.

I think vaping is much better than cigarettes. I quit smoking using the vape pen. Now I sometimes smoke vape, but I use only nicotine-free e-liquids. I know that on the Internet you can easily find information about the composition and legality of different vape juices, for example, on this portal vapingdaily.com . I'm not sure that vaping is absolutely safe for health, but let's talk about exhaust fumes and gas emissions from paper production, for example. I know that it's important to monitor health and do it as well as I can, I don't think that hookah once a month or vaping once every two weeks is too bad for me. But it helps me relax.

I think vaping is much better than cigarettes. I quit smoking using the vape pen. Now I sometimes smoke vape, but I use only nicotine-free e-liquids. I know that on the Internet you can easily find information about the composition and legality of different vape juices, for example, on this portal vapingdaily.com . I'm not sure that vaping is absolutely safe for health, but let's talk about exhaust fumes and gas emissions from paper production, for example. I know that it's important to monitor health and do it as well as I can, I don't think that hookah once a month or vaping once every two weeks is too bad for me. But it helps me relax.

Unfortunately, I think most people who vape do it closer to every 2 minutes than every 2 weeks. :lol:

Like you I used vaping to quit smoking. I still vape nicotine free e juice. To me it's like chewing gum.

I used to buy a pack off cigarettes about three times a year. I started vaping the disposable vape pens about 3 months ago. I went online to find out how much nicotine I was consuming. I was vaping the equivalent of a pack a day. When my disposable ran out I could only go about two days before I had to buy another one. Now I am using a mod to vape. I use both 6ml juice and 0ml juice. When I use the 0ml I vape constantly like one of the early posts said. I have never been addicted to any substance before. It’s hard to say but I think I was better off as a 3 times a year treat than what has now become a full blown addiction. By the way, using a mod gets confusing as heck. How many Watts to use, how many ohms to use, pg or vg juice, what kind of tank operates best, what level of nicotine do I buy, when to replace the coils, how do I optimize the coils, mouth to lung vape versus direct lung vaping and scores of other variables. Don’t forget the flavors. There are thousands of options. The disposable vape pens are highly addictive but using a mod requires almost constant infatuation to get it just right. There are so many possibilities the likelihood of getting it just right is impossible. Good luck getting advice. Everybody’s vape habits are as diverse as humans themselves . People ramble for a bit and their advice is always the same. “Do what works best for you.” I think quitting altogether might be what works best for me but in the meantime I am hooked. Is vaping dumb? Yes. I never knew how dumb it could possibly be.

I don't know if it's stupid, but it sure is irritating being around someone that does. The smoke is worse than from cigarettes.
There is no smoke from vaping it's vapour hence the name.

I do it all the time and even in the hospital when they thought I was about to die from sepsis I kept vaping, till a nosey nurse caught me. Still, I asked for a form to sign myself out rather than give up the vape.

There is no smoke from vaping it's vapour hence the name.

I do it all the time and even in the hospital when they thought I was about to die from sepsis I kept vaping, till a nosey nurse caught me. Still, I asked for a form to sign myself out rather than give up the vape.

Does your mod device have a counter for how many puffs you have done? I am on my third day with this mod device and I have completed 1320 puffs. It sounds like a lot. From what I have read online 145 per day is average. In my defense most of those puffs were from 0ml nicotine free vaping .

Like you I used vaping to quit smoking. I still vape nicotine free e juice. To me it's like chewing gum.
Do you know approximately how many puffs you do per day? I think I am upwards of 650 per day. I vape like a psychotic looney tune when I use nicotine free juice.

Does your mod device have a counter for how many puffs you have done? I am on my third day with this mod device and I have completed 1320 puffs. It sounds like a lot. From what I have read online 145 per day is average. In my defense most of those puffs were from 0ml nicotine free vaping .
Funny you should ask that, I was going to answer no, but just noticed 'puffs' at the bottom, and I've done 4259. Though I don't know if that's since I bought the device about three weeks ago or from when?
I will see how many it goes up to in the next 24 hours and let you know.
I must say I vape to replace smoking and all that tar that used to turn everything brown and stank I don't think I'd bother if it wasn't to replace the nicotine.

Funny you should ask that, I was going to answer no, but just noticed 'puffs' at the bottom, and I've done 4259. Though I don't know if that's since I bought the device about three weeks ago or from when?
I will see how many it goes up to in the next 24 hours and let you know.
I must say I vape to replace smoking and all that tar that used to turn everything brown and stank I don't think I'd bother if it wasn't to replace the nicotine.
Are you using the same coil that came with it 3 weeks ago? I think I already burnt one out but I’m still not sure how to tell. What wattage do you use? I think I have finally settled to use mine at 14 watts which is extremely low from what I am reading . I can go 30 but anything above that is too hot for me. There are so many millions of variables in this game. It can be impossible to compare my experience to others. Everyone vapes differently.

Are you using the same coil that came with it 3 weeks ago? I think I already burnt one out but I’m still not sure how to tell. What wattage do you use? I think I have finally settled to use mine at 14 watts which is extremely low from what I am reading . I can go 30 but anything above that is too hot for me. There are so many millions of variables in this game. It can be impossible to compare my experience to others. Everyone vapes differently.
I had the same model for two years prior. It cost £60 but uses very few coils. They never seem to run out but I change it every few months. It's set at 28w. It is important to keep the mouthpiece clean and take it apart, remove the coil, and soak it in soapy water.

Forum List

Back