ISIS Surrounding Baghdad

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Just take a look at the map.

WO-AT297_IRAQ_o_G_20140807114208.jpg

Iraqi Militants Seize Christian Towns - WSJ

Two other towns in the area, Bartella and Karmalees, also fell under Islamic State control overnight, said Joseph Thomas, the Chaldean Archbishop of Kirkuk and Sulaymaniya. Mr. Thomas and local officials said the latest advance has nearly purged northwestern Iraq of its Christian population.

"Those towns are now devoid of their original inhabitants. The displaced people are roaming the roads and riding whatever vehicle they can to get out," Mr. Thomas said. Tal Keif Mayor Bassem Bello said people also fled his town by foot, as cars jammed the road to make the hourlong drive to the province of Dohuk—part of the country's Kurdish region—overnight.

"The Nineveh plain yesterday was emptied of its people," Mr. Bello said by telephone. "There is not a Christian town left standing." Mr. Bello said the majority of Tel Keif's 30,000 residents fled; if anyone was left behind, he warned they were in great danger from the Sunni extremists on a campaign to seize territory and drive out Iraq's religious and ethnic minorities.

This is happening because westerners see no interest in defending innocent Christian populations in the Middle East. IF these were Jewish populations there would be a shit storm because Jewish interests are organized like almost everyone else.

So why don't Christians organize to defend their own interests like Hindis, Muslims, Jews, Pagans, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, you name the group.

Is it somehow ennobling to let other people of your faith get slaughtered like cattle?

Two other towns in the area, Bartella and Karmalees, also fell under Islamic State control overnight, said Joseph Thomas, the Chaldean Archbishop of Kirkuk and Sulaymaniya. Mr. Thomas and local officials said the latest advance has nearly purged northwestern Iraq of its Christian population.

"Those towns are now devoid of their original inhabitants. The displaced people are roaming the roads and riding whatever vehicle they can to get out," Mr. Thomas said. Tal Keif Mayor Bassem Bello said people also fled his town by foot, as cars jammed the road to make the hourlong drive to the province of Dohuk—part of the country's Kurdish region—overnight.

"The Nineveh plain yesterday was emptied of its people," Mr. Bello said by telephone. "There is not a Christian town left standing." Mr. Bello said the majority of Tel Keif's 30,000 residents fled; if anyone was left behind, he warned they were in great danger from the Sunni extremists on a campaign to seize territory and drive out Iraq's religious and ethnic minorities.

This is happening because westerners see no interest in defending innocent Christian populations in the Middle East. IF these were Jewish populations there would be a shit storm because Jewish interests are organized like almost everyone else.

So why don't Christians organize to defend their own interests like Hindis, Muslims, Jews, Pagans, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, you name the group.

Is it somehow ennobling to let other people of your faith get slaughtered like cattle?

Too many in the US say "don't bother, its Muslims killing Muslims, GOOD." And now it isn't.

Last edited:

Too many in the US say "don't bother, its Mudlims killing Muslims, GOOD." And now it isn't.

Yep, now they're saying its Arabs killing Arabs

Christians do not return evil for evil, Jim. That is not what our faith is about. We pray for our enemies, we bless those who curse us and despitefully use us, we bless and we do not curse. We pray for our brothers and sisters who are suffering persecution. We need more praying Christians. That is what we need, Jim, because the LORD does hear and answer our prayers. Thank you for your news report and I hope I answered your question for you. I do appreciate your heart and concern. - Jeri

"Mission Accomplished!"

Which mission do you refer to?

Iraq of course, see how liberty has prevailed...................:(

The quote is from W's declaration that the mission to conventionally invade Iraq, defeat Iraq's armed forces, occupy Baghdad with minimal losses, etc was a success.

That was true, and all would have been rosy had he not decided to stay in Iraq and try to engage in nation building and impose a western style democracy on a 13th century Islamic culture.

That was not a success.

Christians do not return evil for evil, Jim. That is not what our faith is about. We pray for our enemies, we bless those who curse us and despitefully use us, we bless and we do not curse. We pray for our brothers and sisters who are suffering persecution. We need more praying Christians. That is what we need, Jim, because the LORD does hear and answer our prayers. Thank you for your news report and I hope I answered your question for you. I do appreciate your heart and concern. - Jeri

I don't think that the two millennia of Christian theology and political theory supports your claims.

I believe that Jesus was referring to how we treat our brethren in the faith and similar faiths who are of good will.

This does not include Islamacists, communists or fascists who are beyond the pale of tolerance, IMO.

From the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew Chapter 5:

21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.....

Eye for Eye

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

In the context of the sermon, Love for our enemies and turning the other cheek is part of the teaching on internal church relations, not the relations of the church to the whole world.

This used to be considered a commonly known and understood thing as for two millennia Christians have fought in wars, feuds, revolts, revolutions, rebellions and all with the blessing of the clergy.

So you think that for all that time Luther, Calvin, Pope Urban II, Washington, Lincoln, our entire WW1&2 generations were all just heretical and damned for not obeying Jesus Christ and failing to turn the other cheek to their enemies?

I don't think so. Jesus was using hyperbole at most and said Himself that had He not come to die on the Cross the Father would have sent legions of angels to defend Him.

Does Jesus thus damn Himself too?

Which mission do you refer to?

The quote is from W's declaration that the mission to conventionally invade Iraq, defeat Iraq's armed forces, occupy Baghdad with minimal losses, etc was a success.

That was true, and all would have been rosy had he not decided to stay in Iraq and try to engage in nation building and impose a western style democracy on a 13th century Islamic culture.

That was not a success.

"We will be greeted as liberators" wasn't correct either, nor "It WAS worth it".

I don't think that the two millennia of Christian theology and political theory supports your claims.

I believe that Jesus was referring to how we treat our brethren in the faith and similar faiths who are of good will.

This does not include Islamacists, communists or fascists who are beyond the pale of tolerance, IMO.

From the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew Chapter 5:

21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.....

Eye for Eye

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

In the context of the sermon, Love for our enemies and turning the other cheek is part of the teaching on internal church relations, not the relations of the church to the whole world.

This used to be considered a commonly known and understood thing as for two millennia Christians have fought in wars, feuds, revolts, revolutions, rebellions and all with the blessing of the clergy.

So you think that for all that time Luther, Calvin, Pope Urban II, Washington, Lincoln, our entire WW1&2 generations were all just heretical and damned for not obeying Jesus Christ and failing to turn the other cheek to their enemies?

I don't think so. Jesus was using hyperbole at most and said Himself that had He not come to die on the Cross the Father would have sent legions of angels to defend Him.

Does Jesus thus damn Himself too?

I will try to do a thread on the subject (on religion forum) in the near future, Jim. God willing.
Have a nice evening. - Jeri

That was not a success.

"We will be greeted as liberators" wasn't correct either, nor "It WAS worth it".

Some greeted us as liberators, but most people have an aversion to seeing their towns and cities bombed.

And it was wroth it going in to get Hussein, but not worth staying and trying to turn it into a western democracy.

"Mission Accomplished!"

Obama owns ISIS not Bush. ISIS was a two bit terror outfit until 2011 when they started hitting hard under Baghdadi in Syria and have become the largest and wealthiest terror army on the planet.

Obama and other western leaders were so invested in trying to remove Assad from power at any cost they turned a blind eye to ISIS.

Even as ISIS was invading Iraq assholes in the west were saying that this was a civil war in Iraq. Bull freaking shit. It was a full on invasion by this huge terror army.

And now here we are. This is not going to end well.

Yes, thank you Idiot-In-Chief for all those American (and other) lives lost or maimed in vain when you pulled completely out.

For the dumbasses that don't understand how relatively stable Iraq was left when Obama took the reigns, watch one of your lefty media outlets do a good job of showing exactly that. The documentary called Losing Iraq aired about a week ago on PBS.

Watch it and get a clue.

"Mission Accomplished!"

Obama owns ISIS not Bush. ISIS was a two bit terror outfit until 2011 when they started hitting hard under Baghdadi in Syria and have become the largest and wealthiest terror army on the planet.

Obama and other western leaders were so invested in trying to remove Assad from power at any cost they turned a blind eye to ISIS.

Even as ISIS was invading Iraq assholes in the west were saying that this was a civil war in Iraq. Bull freaking shit. It was a full on invasion by this huge terror army.

And now here we are. This is not going to end well.

Bush broke it, Obama wanted the job, thus he owns it now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back