Islam Is Right About Women...?

Is Islam Right About Women?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters
While it's true christianity says women are inferior, christianity evolved.
Islam hasn't.

When did Christian women have to wear Burkas? Which time was this?

6 For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head.

You did not mention the word Christianity, you referred to Christianity. I have zero patience for your gamma games. Make your own thread.

I referred to all religions, you choose to make it about Christianity. Guess you need to start another thread! :iyfyus.jpg:

View attachment 281434

Gator, everyone knows you were talking primarily about Christianity, which is why you unleashed your rant about right wingers (CHRISTIANS) right after. Your stupid games may work on someone with less than 60 IQ, but not on anyone else.

I will be reporting you if you don't stick to the topic, it has been too long now.

Report me little bitch. I do not give a flying fuck.

You accuse me of doing what you did, and now you are even asking more questions about Christianity

Islam hasn't.

Nice strawman.
You seem to be in denial. Have you ever read the bible, by chance?
It's not a big deal, man. At least you guys evolved a bit.

I have not read the bible in full, I am not a Christian.

So where does it say women are required to wear burkas? Please educate me.

Islam hasn't.

Nice strawman.

Where does the Koran say women are required to wear burkas?

Islam hasn't.

Nice strawman.

It's not just about burkas. I clearly stated women were inferior.
But for shits and giggles, Corinthians states that women should cover their face and men should not. As man is the image and glory of god and women are the glory of man.

You did not mention the word Christianity, you referred to Christianity. I have zero patience for your gamma games. Make your own thread.

I referred to all religions, you choose to make it about Christianity. Guess you need to start another thread! :iyfyus.jpg:

View attachment 281434

Gator, everyone knows you were talking primarily about Christianity, which is why you unleashed your rant about right wingers (CHRISTIANS) right after. Your stupid games may work on someone with less than 60 IQ, but not on anyone else.

I will be reporting you if you don't stick to the topic, it has been too long now.

Report me little bitch. I do not give a flying fuck.

You accuse me of doing what you did, and now you are even asking more questions about Christianity

Yes I am, because unlike you I don't see that person is trying to forcefully try to divert the topic to something that it is not about. Which is what gammas do to about every thread they don't approve of. Go make your own thread if you want to discuss something else and you won't be reported.

Yes I am, because unlike you I don't see that person is trying to forcefully try to divert the topic to something that it is not about. Which is what gammas do to about every thread they don't approve of. Go make your own thread if you want to discuss something else and you won't be reported.

Report me you little whiny bitch, nobody gives a fuck about being reported but you it seems. Quit talking about it and grow some balls and do it.

Islam hasn't.

Nice strawman.

Its mentioned in an nur.
It's also part of shariah law

Islam hasn't.

Nice strawman.

Its mentioned in an nur.
It's also part of shariah law

And that passage is about as vague as the passage from Corinthians.

This is the verse from the Koran...
And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof.

Sounds an awful lot like what one would find in the Bible

Islam hasn't.

Nice strawman.

But for shits and giggles, Corinthians states that women should cover their face and men should not. As man is the image and glory of god and women are the glory of man.

Inferior in what way? Physically not as strong? Can we have an actual verse?

I found the part that was clearly at least as bad as Islam:

"Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?"

Oh no... let's now talk Islam:

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176).

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women."

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Quran (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it"

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."

Quran (4:3) - "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four"

Quran (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names."

Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage.

So are they right or wrong about women?

None of the major religions have it right about women because they all make women 2nd class citizens under the control of men.

Though we do have an entire thread where you and a whole host of other right wingnuts spent days arguing that women are inferior and need to be controlled by their "man".

So, it seems that you come pretty close to agreeing with the Muslims on this area.

Name one white Christian nation where women are treated as second class citizens.

You can't, because you are full of shit. But this thread is about Islam so you need to shut up in any case. It shouldn't be so difficult focusing on your favorite religion for once.

All of "white Christian nation" treat women as second class citizens. All of the world's major religions, including Islam, have had fairly bad records with regard to women and justify it to women with a steaming pile of theological glop. All need to cleanse themselves of it. Your "poll" seems intended only to drive a wedge between the religions. Else, why would you focus on just one religion?

None of the major religions have it right about women because they all make women 2nd class citizens under the control of men.

Though we do have an entire thread where you and a whole host of other right wingnuts spent days arguing that women are inferior and need to be controlled by their "man".

So, it seems that you come pretty close to agreeing with the Muslims on this area.

Name one white Christian nation where women are treated as second class citizens.

You can't, because you are full of shit. But this thread is about Islam so you need to shut up in any case. It shouldn't be so difficult focusing on your favorite religion for once.

All of "white Christian nation" treat women as second class citizens. All of the world's major religions, including Islam, have had fairly bad records with regard to women and justify it to women with a steaming pile of theological glop. All need to cleanse themselves of it. Your "poll" seems intended only to drive a wedge between the religions. Else, why would you focus on just one religion?

I like how you self-censored your text knowing full well it was complete bullshit.

Why would I focus on Islam? It's not like the Gamma Gator didn't already think of that. The answer is because I do, this is a thread about Islam. You can make one regarding Christianity if you wish.

Islam hasn't.

Nice strawman.

"Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?"

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176).

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women."

Quran (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it"

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."

Quran (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four"

Quran (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names."

Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage.

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.(1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man (1 Corinthians 11:3-16)

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's." (Numbers 5:12-28)

If there is a young woman, a virgin already engaged to be married, and a man meets her in the town and lies with her, you shall...stone them to death, the young woman because she did not cry for help...and the man because he violated his neighbor's wife." [If the woman is not engaged] "the man who lay with her shall give 50 shekels of silver to the young woman's father, and she shall become his wife. (Deuteronomy 22:23-27)

"If any man's wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him...and there is no witness against her since she was not caught in the act...then the man shall bring his wife to the priest...[who] shall make her take an oath, saying, 'If no man has lain with you, if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while under your husband's authority, be immune to this water of bitterness'... When he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself...[the water] shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall discharge, her uterus drop, and the woman shall become an execration among her people. But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be immune and be able to conceive children." (Numbers 5:11)

Nice strawman.

Quran (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four"

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.(1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man (1 Corinthians 11:3-16)

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's." (Numbers 5:12-28)

If there is a young woman, a virgin already engaged to be married, and a man meets her in the town and lies with her, you shall...stone them to death, the young woman because she did not cry for help...and the man because he violated his neighbor's wife." [If the woman is not engaged] "the man who lay with her shall give 50 shekels of silver to the young woman's father, and she shall become his wife. (Deuteronomy 22:23-27)

"If any man's wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him...and there is no witness against her since she was not caught in the act...then the man shall bring his wife to the priest...[who] shall make her take an oath, saying, 'If no man has lain with you, if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while under your husband's authority, be immune to this water of bitterness'... When he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself...[the water] shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall discharge, her uterus drop, and the woman shall become an execration among her people. But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be immune and be able to conceive children." (Numbers 5:11)

In none of the Christian nations is any of that taken seriously. It's probably because it wasn't even written seriously, but I am not a biblical scholar so I can not answer why that is. In Islamic nations, women are in Burkas and the text is taken seriously. It may have something to do with the fact that Bible was not written by Godly figure, and as such some of those are almost surely just opinions by random people.

Be it as it may, Islam has a shit ton to learn from Christianity.

So now after the tangent where Gator tried to make Christianity as bad as Islam and failed badly, hopefully we can get back to the topic.

In none of the Christian nations is any of that taken seriously. It's probably because it wasn't even written seriously, but I am not a biblical scholar so I can not answer why that is. In Islamic nations, women are in Burkas and the text is taken seriously. It may have something to do with the fact that Bible was not written by Godly figure, and as such some of those are almost surely just opinions by random people.

So now after the tangent where Gator tried to make Christianity as bad as Islam and failed badly, hopefully we can get back to the topic.

You are correct, Muslims follow their religious text much closer than do Christians.

You are correct that the Bible was not written by Godly figure, it was written by God himself...according to Christians.

I am glad you switched the discussion to Christianity, it has been fun.

I like how you self-censored your text knowing full well it was complete bullshit.

Why would I focus on Islam? It's not like the Gamma Gator didn't already think of that. The answer is because I do, this is a thread about Islam. You can make one regarding Christianity if you wish.

All you are trying to do is pull off some kind of "gotcha" thing. I can't vote in your narrow poll, because it lacks an opportunity to vote "no, but neither are any of the others." You appear unable to make comparisons, which makes it worthless.

The over-strike was due to a computer glitch that I don't understand, not "self censorship." I just didn't notice it when it posted. My comment very much stands without the over-strike.

Nice strawman.

Get your head out of the sand. It is taken seriously in Christian nations. Morons right here in the U.S. say that they can't vote for a woman for office, and some "churches" preach this, for instance. In most Muslim countries, women do not wear burkas or cover their faces. Muslim countries have their primitive tribal areas, as we all do.

But this whole messy discussion is an attempt to use women as pawns in some silly squabbles between male religionists. I, which are entirely unnecessary in the first place. It is a clear attempt at manipulation. Maybe all women should declare ourselves to be atheists and let you clowns fight it out. A pox on both your houses. We can still hold our private, individual beliefs without telling anyone what they are.

Forum List

Back