🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Islamic State demands $6.6M for female American humanitarian worker

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
My cousin's stepdaughter has been working for years in Pakistan for a NGO helping the Pakistani women. Any America woman working in areas like Pakistan and in Iraq has to be in danger so much of the time. If my own daughter was over there, I think I would be climbing the walls until she got back home.

Islamic State demands $6.6M for female American humanitarian worker
An unidentified American female aid worker was taken captive by Islamic State militants a year ago. IS is now demanding a $6.6 million ransom and the freedom of jailed Pakistani neuroscientist Aafia Siddiqui as conditions for her release.
By JC Finley | Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM | 1 Comment

clear.gif
clear.gif

Islamic-State-demands-66M-for-female-American-humanitarian-worker.jpg

Following the release of a video showing the executive of American photojournalist James Foley (pictured in 2012), the Islamic State reportedly demanded $6.6 million in ransom and the freedom of a U.S. prisoner in exchange for the release of another captive identified only as a 26-year-old American female aid worker. (Free James Foley/Nicole Tung)

DAMASCUS, Syria, Aug. 26 (UPI) -- A 26-year-old American woman is reportedly being held captive by Islamic State militants in Syria who are demanding a $6.6 million ransom and the release of neuroscientist Aafia Siddiqui in exchange for her release.
Her family has asked that she not be identified.

Read more:
IS demands ransom for female American humanitarian worker - UPI.com

for my part they can have the money------but aafia? can we send JUST HER HEAD (in a little hat box)???

they should make all these people that deliberately go into harms way with no protection for themselves sign a pre nup. or pre engagement agreement that the u.s. can not allow these groups to receive any more $trength by ransoming them. Sorry good people of the world, but your hands and life in risking it all to do good, must be given so that your efforts dont go in vain given these insane folks more power and weapons. i'm sure they all would sign. they are knowingly risking and therefore giving their lives for their cause. God bless them and keep them safe.

At this point, anyone willing to risk their life as a volunteer in some shit-hole corner of the world, is on their own. No tax funds should be spent saving people who knew the risks of playing with fire but lit the match anyway.

they should make all these people that deliberately go into harms way with no protection for themselves sign a pre nup. or pre engagement agreement that the u.s. can not allow these groups to receive any more $trength by ransoming them. Sorry good people of the world, but your hands and life in risking it all to do good, must be given so that your efforts dont go in vain given these insane folks more power and weapons. i'm sure they all would sign. they are knowingly risking and therefore giving their lives for their cause. God bless them and keep them safe.

the same idea kinda occurred to me---but----the person
probably felt ----kinda INDEMNIFIED from harm-----
especially if she is young. I still feel for the little idiot

i don't call her or foley an idiot. dedicated maybe a better world. Not sure what foley was truly trying to do tho. i guess spread he news. I didn't hear much of his reporting on the local new before his death at least they didn't give him kudos too loudly

Forum List

Back