Islamic State fighters swoop on Iraq's biggest dam, seize three more towns in offensi

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This is bad news for the people as their water supply is now threatened.

Islamic State fighters swoop on Iraq's biggest dam, seize three more towns in offensive

Updated 4 August 2014, 5:55 AEST

Islamic State fighters, formerly known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), have seized control of Iraq's biggest dam, an oilfield and three more towns.

Islamic State fighters have seized control of Mosul Dam. (Credit: AFP) Islamic State fighters, formerly known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), have seized control of Iraq's biggest dam, an oilfield and three more towns.

The offensive comes as the group also inflicted their first major defeat on Kurdish forces since sweeping through the region in June.

Capture of the electricity-producing Mosul Dam could give the Sunni militants the ability to flood major Iraqi cities or withhold water from farms, sharply raising the stakes in their bid to topple prime minister Nuri al-Maliki's Shiite-led government.

Continue reading at:

Islamic State fighters swoop on Iraq's biggest dam, seize three more towns in offensive | ABC Radio Australia

Islamic State fighters swoop on Iraq's biggest dam, seize three more towns in offensive

Islamic State fighters, formerly known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), have seized control of Iraq's biggest dam, an oilfield and three more towns.

Islamic State fighters have seized control of Mosul Dam. (Credit: AFP) Islamic State fighters, formerly known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), have seized control of Iraq's biggest dam, an oilfield and three more towns.

The offensive comes as the group also inflicted their first major defeat on Kurdish forces since sweeping through the region in June.

Capture of the electricity-producing Mosul Dam could give the Sunni militants the ability to flood major Iraqi cities or withhold water from farms, sharply raising the stakes in their bid to topple prime minister Nuri al-Maliki's Shiite-led government.

Continue reading at:

Islamic State fighters swoop on Iraq's biggest dam, seize three more towns in offensive | ABC Radio Australia
Its the second time now you copy my news. Stop it.
ISIS captures Mossul Dam, towns, oilfields - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Continue reading at:

ISIS captures Mossul Dam, towns, oilfields - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Could you little mind comprehend that perhaps I didn't read your post about this. If it was on this forum, I must have missed it. If you posted it elsewhere, let me say I don't follow any of your posts on other forums.

Continue reading at:

Could you little mind comprehend that perhaps I didn't read your post about this. If it was on this forum, I must have missed it. If you posted it elsewhere, let me say I don't follow any of your posts on other forums.
Just take a look to the other forums before you push your next news burst, then. Your thread could be merged with the one that already exists.

Just take a look to the other forums before you push your next news burst, then. Your thread could be merged with the one that already exists.

Stop being so childish. Why do I have to read all the other forums to see if someone posted an article of news that I subsequently posted on a different forum? Suppose I don't go running around and read other forums? Is that OK with you, or do you dictate what people have to read?

Stop being so childish. Why do I have to read all the other forums to see if someone posted an article of news that I subsequently posted on a different forum? Suppose I don't go running around and read other forums? Is that OK with you, or do you dictate what people have to read?
You have to watch out whether your topic already exists. If it is about Iraq, simply open the Iraq forum to check it out.
Furthermore my thread is still watchable from the index page, you could not have missed it, so its you who is childish.

You have to watch out whether your topic already exists. If it is about Iraq, simply open the Iraq forum to check it out.
Furthermore my thread is still watchable from the index page, you could not have missed it, so its you who is childish.

Has it ever dawned on you that people can read whatever forums they want to? Was it really that much of a problem to you to see this news item posted on the Middle East forum by me when you had posted it on the Iraq forum. If this inconsequential thing is a big problem for you, underneath it all you might be harboring even bigger problems.

Has it ever dawned on you that people can read whatever forums they want to? Was it really that much of a problem to you to see this news item posted on the Middle East forum by me when you had posted it on the Iraq forum. If this inconsequential thing is a big problem for you, underneath it all you might be harboring even bigger problems.
You have to check it out before spamming. Is it really such a big problem for you to follow the simplest rules?

You have to check it out before spamming. Is it really such a big problem for you to follow the simplest rules?

Oh my God. I feel like I am arguing with a child. Is there a rule which says that people have to read forums that they don't want to read. Even if you had posted it here, what is the big problem with you? Most people would just overlook it if someone posted something they had posted previously. They would never make a big deal out of it? Spamming is when you keep on posting the same thing over and over and over. Have I posted that one news article over and over and over?

Oh my God. I feel like I am arguing with a child. Is there a rule which says that people have to read forums that they don't want to read. Even if you had posted it here, what is the big problem with you? Most people would just overlook it if someone posted something they had posted previously. They would never make a big deal out of it? Spamming is when you keep on posting the same thing over and over and over. Have I posted that one news article over and over and over?
You are making problem out of it. I just mentioned it. And we both know that you have seen my thread as it is on the index page. You are the child, crying about something nobody understands.

Don´t project your childish behavior on others.

You are making problem out of it. I just mentioned it. And we both know that you have seen my thread as it is on the index page. You are the child, crying about something nobody understands.

Why were you so childish that you even had to bring it up in the first place? Can you comprehend that I don't look at the topics which are posted on other forums so I would have no idea what you posted someplace else? Is it really that difficult to understand? Now move along, and if you see something posted by anyone that is a duplicate of what you posted on a different forum, try to restrain yourself from saying anything. Just let it go because it is not that important if the same news item is posted on two different forums. The world will go on regardless.

Why were you so childish that you even had to bring it up in the first place? Can you comprehend that I don't look at the topics which are posted on other forums so I would have no idea what you posted someplace else? Is it really that difficult to understand? Now move along, and if you see something posted by anyone that is a duplicate of what you posted on a different forum, try to restrain yourself from saying anything. Just let it go because it is not that important if the same news item is posted on two different forums. The world will go on regardless.
We got it. You don´t read/post in other forums and therefor ain´t responsible for anything. The others are wrong.

We got it. You don´t read/post in other forums and therefor ain´t responsible for anything. The others are wrong.

Can you give us the specific rule about where people are supposed to read and post? Somehow I must have mssed the directive. I guess this poster must think I am a mind reader and know just what he posts on other forums even though I don't go there. Maybe he thinks the sun will not come up in the morning just because I happened to post the same news here as he did on another forum which I don't read.

Can you give us the specific rule about where people are supposed to read and post? Somehow I must have mssed the directive. I guess this poster must think I am a mind reader and know just what he posts on other forums even though I don't go there. Maybe he thinks the sun will not come up in the morning just because I happened to post the same news here as he did on another forum which I don't read.
Didn´t read that because it failed. Has nothing to do with your provocative topic duplications.

Didn´t read that because it failed. Has nothing to do with your provocative topic duplications.

Have you ever seen somebody so petty just because I posted some news that he posted on another forum which I don't read. When I read about this news, it happened to appear twice on the same site from two different sources. I didn't think anything of it because there are duplications on news sources all the time, but this guy has gotten up on his high horse about such a silly thing like it was the end of the world for him because only he should have been allowed to post that particular piece of news..

Have you ever seen somebody so petty just because I posted some news that he posted on another forum which I don't read. When I read about this news, it happened to appear twice on the same site from two different sources. I didn't think anything of it because there are duplications on news sources all the time, but this guy has gotten up on his high horse about such a silly thing like it was the end of the world for him because only he should have been allowed to post that particular piece of news..
You are still investing sentence by sentence in order to describe how important it is for someone else :lol:

You are still investing sentence by sentence in order to describe how important it is for someone else :lol:

I see this guy is still whining about this news event because he posted about this on another forum, and he is angry that I posted it on this forum. Here is the news site I got this from. As you can see this dam thing was mentioned three times and possibly even more earlier in the day. Does this whiner think that the guy whose first reported this in an article is whining that this news site has also placed other similiar articles to their site.

Read down, whiner, and tell us how many articles you see regarding the dam in Iraq.

Islamic State fighters swoop on Iraq's biggest dam, seize three more towns in offensiveABC Online - Radio Australia 13:13

Syrian rebels raid Lebanese border townChristian Science Monitor 13:12

10 Lebanese troops dead in clashes – Situation is ‘extremely dangerous’ Kuwait Times 13:01

Fighters From Syria Kill 10 Lebanese Soldiers in Battle Over Border TownThe New York Times 12:29

Lebanese army tries to expel Syria-linked militants from border town Reuters 12:10

ISIS Captures Iraq's Biggest Dam: Baghdad Water Supply In Jeopardy Zero Hedge 12:06
Economic model in Xinjiang must be modified to help all UygursSouth China Morning Post 11:54

Islamic State Seizes Towns Near Kurdish Area; Dam Seen At Risk NPR 11:40

I see this guy is still whining about this news event because he posted about this on another forum, and he is angry that I posted it on this forum. Here is the news site I got this from. As you can see this dam thing was mentioned three times and possibly even more earlier in the day. Does this whiner think that the guy whose first reported this in an article is whining that this news site has also placed other similiar articles to their site.

Read down, whiner, and tell us how many articles you see regarding the dam in Iraq.

Islamic State fighters swoop on Iraq's biggest dam, seize three more towns in offensiveABC Online - Radio Australia 13:13

10 Lebanese troops dead in clashes – Situation is ‘extremely dangerous’ Kuwait Times 13:01

Fighters From Syria Kill 10 Lebanese Soldiers in Battle Over Border TownThe New York Times 12:29

Lebanese army tries to expel Syria-linked militants from border town Reuters 12:10

ISIS Captures Iraq's Biggest Dam: Baghdad Water Supply In Jeopardy Zero Hedge 12:06
Economic model in Xinjiang must be modified to help all UygursSouth China Morning Post 11:54

And you whine even more sentences into the forum to prove that someone else is the whiner. You really have left any reasonable level in your heroic fight for your right to spam anything to anywhere.

And you whine even more sentences into the forum to prove that someone else is the whiner. You really have left any reasonable level in your heroic fight for your right to spam anything to anywhere.

Just remember one thing, Little Boy. I don't read all the forums you post on so if I happen to bring up a news event that you have covered on another forum, don't start whining about it here.

Forum List

Back