🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel & iran

Yes Ima. You see, those Zionists just don't seem to understand that America was attacked on 911 by Middle East Muslim terrorists because the USA supports Israel. You know, just like they attacked the Sudan, Bali, the Philipeans, Holland, Madrid, etc. etc. because the USA supports Israel.

Ok, so give me your reason why the arabs are so pissed at the US. And if you say it's because they hate our way of life, you will be forever standing in the corner next to JStone and the other mentally deranged.

The Arab street is pretty much pissed off at everyone who is not only Arab and Muslim but exactly the right kind of Arab and Muslim. They are especially pissed off at the US because the US is the most prominent and powerful representative of western culture, the culture of colonialism the Arabs won their independence from, but most Arab governments are not pissed off at the US, and in fact, endorse and embrace the role we play in the ME, North Africa and Central Asia. Al Qaeda was never more than a radical fringe group among Arabs, even among fundamentalists and Islamists, who, while broadly rejecting many of our social values, seek, as the Arab spring has shown us, to blend western style democracy with Islamic beliefs and values. If you go country by country through the Arab states, you'll find there are only a few countries with which the US has difficult relationships.

Despite the rhetoric, most Arab states have established a de facto peace with Israel, supporting the Abbas government which cooperates with Israel to an extent in preventing terrorist racist hate crimes against Jews and distancing themselves from Hamas and other groups that still embrace an ideology of violent conflict with the Jewish state.

Oh well, okay. The Arabs love our way of life. They are so pissed off because they don't have it. Goodnight Ima. Heh Heh. :D

Yes Ima. You see, those Zionists just don't seem to understand that America was attacked on 911 by Middle East Muslim terrorists because the USA supports Israel. You know, just like they attacked the Sudan, Bali, the Philipeans, Holland, Madrid, etc. etc. because the USA supports Israel.

Ok, so give me your reason why the arabs are so pissed at the US. And if you say it's because they hate our way of life, you will be forever standing in the corner next to JStone and the other mentally deranged.

How are the Palestinians different from us?

"How are the Palestinians different from us"? Would you blow yourself up along with your own children to be martyred? Do you prefer death over life?

Oh well, okay. The Arabs love our way of life. They are so pissed off because they don't have it. Goodnight Ima. Heh Heh. :D

Americans who "died for their country" DID NOT do so by killing each other like the Arabs often do. But then we don't have 72 virgins to look forward to for doing so. I guess Judaism & Christianity are just not religions to die for.

"How are the Palestinians different from us"? Would you blow yourself up along with your own children to be martyred? Do you prefer death over life?

Many Americans died for their country. Do you have a point?

Americans who "died for their country" DID NOT do so by killing each other like the Arabs often do. But then we don't have 72 virgins to look forward to for doing so. I guess Judaism & Christianity are just not religions to die for.

All around the world children are taught that is an honor to die for your country. Those who do are publicly honored when brought home.

All around the world children are taught the it is an honor to die for your country. Those who do are publicly honored when brought home.

What country? Don't say Palestine since the Romans called Israel Palestine during the Roman Empire :badgrin:

What was the capital of their fictional country? Don't say Jerusalem since the Jews established Jerusalem as their capital 3000 years ago :badgrin:

There has never been a pally country in history. No rep points for you.

All around the world children are taught that is an honor to die for your country. Those who do are publicly honored when brought home.
Don't you remember what Gen. G.S.Patton said about "dying for ones country?"

Palestinians don't even have or need a country to die for. They do it jsut for martyrdom to honor God.

Palestinians don't even have or need a country to die for. They do it jsut for martyrdom to honor God.

WRONG AGAIN!!! LOL!

They do it because they hate Jews (for stealing their land, among other things)

More Americans (10,000 or so) died last year by getting shot by other Americans. That dwarfs the Middle East casualties. We don't need a cease fire in the ME, we need one in the US!

OMG! You mean Israel is stealing Palestinian land? I hate land theives & could never support such people. So tell me, when did Israel's ancient land become this "Palestinian" land that Israel is now stealing?

WRONG AGAIN!!! LOL!

OMG! You mean Israel is stealing Palestinian land? I hate land theives & could never support such people. So tell me, when did Israel's ancient land become this "Palestinian" land that Israel is now stealing?

WRONG AGAIN!!! LOL!

I've never said that anything was "Palestinian". But people (whatever their nationality at the time) did live there and were forced out, or do you deny this?

WRONG AGAIN!!! LOL!

I've never said that anything was "Palestinian". But people (whatever their nationality at the time) did live there and were forced out, or do you deny this?

IMA DUNCE

Eminent Historian Sir Martin Gilbert, Author of 10 Books on Middle East History

The Arab Invasion of the State of Israel 15 May 1948

On 15 May, 1948 six Arab armies, those of Egypt, Syria, Transjordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and Iraq, invaded Israel. They advanced rapidly, threatening to destroy the one-day old State and drive its citizens into the sea. The Israelis resisted and after ten days were able to counter-attack

Between May 1948 and January 1949, the State of Israel fought to retain its independence against the combined forces of six Arab armies. Following the initial Arab invasion, the Israelis reopened the road to Jerusalem, won control of the Coastal Plain, secured the upper Galilee, and drove the Egyptians from the Negev.

But, the Israelis were themselves driven from the from the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem, whose synagogues were desecrated and whose Jewish houses were destroyed.

During Israel's struggle for independence between November 1947 and January 1949, more than 4,000 Jewish soldiers and 2,000 civilians were killed out of a total Jewish population of only 650,000. The figures for Arab dead were not disclosed by the Arab states.

The UN estimated that over 725,000 Arabs fled between April and December 1948. Many Arabs were encouraged to leave by their own political leaders who promised them that they would soon be able to return to their homes once Israel had been destroyed. But, over 150,000 Arabs either remained in Israel or returned to their homes in Israel during 1949.

In April 1949, at the UN Palestine Conciliation Commission at Lausanne, Israel offered to repatriate 100,000 Arab refugees within the framework of a general settlement. The Arab delegation rejected the offer. In 1950 the United Nations Relief and Works Agency [UNRWA] proposed resettling Arab refugees in Sinai, Jordan and Syria, but the Arab governments also rejected this proposal. In 1952, the UN Refugee Rehabilitation Fund offered the Arab states $200 million to find homes and jobs for the refugees. The Arab states used some of the money for relief work, but did not even apply for the greater part of the fund.

In 1949, some 150,000 Arabs remained in Israel. By 1956, their numbers had increased to 312,000 or 11% of the total populaiton. Less than 5,000 Arabs left Israel during this period. From 1959, Arabs could join the Israeli Trade Union Organization and on 1 December 1966 Israeli Military Government was abolished in all Arab areas. Since 1949, Arabs voted in all Israeli elections and sent their own members to the Israeli Parliament. Since May 1948, both Hebrew and Arabic have been the official languages of the State of Israel and three Arabic language daily newspapers have been in regular production. But throughout this period, the Arabs maintained separate communities and cultural life as did the 30,000 Bedouin who lived in the Negev and around Beersheba.

The majority of the Arabs who remained in Israel after May 19488 lived in the northernmost part ofj the State. Whereas the Arabs who fled from Israel in 1948 were for the most part confined to refugee camps by their fellow Arab hosts and deliberately cut off from the economic development of the States in which they lived, the Arabs of Israel continued to live unmolested in their original homes, gained materially from Israel's own material successes and received direct Israeli aid for irrigation, reclamation, mechanization and social welfare [including education, health and housing]

Palestinian terrorist groups, or fedayeen, began systematic raids into Israel from 1950. Toward the end of 1954, the Egyptian Government supervised the formal establishment of Palestinian terrorist groups in the Gaza strip and northeastern Sinai. Throughout 1955 an increasing number of raids were launched into Israel. From 1951 to 1958, Israeli vehicles were ambushed, farms attacked, fields boobytrapped and roads mined. Fedayeen from Gaza also infiltrated into Jordan and operated from there. Saudi Arabia, Syria and Lebanon each gave the Fedayeen support and refure. Local Jordanian-Palestinian Fedayeen were also active operating from the West Bank.

Amazon.com: Martin Gilbert'sThe Routledge Atlas of Jewish History (Routledge Historical Atlases) [Hardcover](2010): M., (Author) Gilbert: Books

Yale University Press...
Sir Martin Gilbert is the author of more than eighty books, including the six-volume authorized biography of Winston Churchill, the twin histories First World War and Second World War, Israel: A History, The Holocaust, A History of the Twentieth Century in three volumes, and nine pioneering historical atlases, including Atlas of Jewish History and Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict. In 1995, he was knighted for services to British history and international relations, and in 2009 he was appointed to the British Government’s Iraq War Inquiry. He lives in London.

In Ishmael's House - Gilbert, Martin - Yale University Press

All over the entire world indigenous populations were overridden by invadors. Fact is that any land belongs to whoever rules it at any given period of time. So what is your point here?

WRONG AGAIN!!! LOL!

Tashbih Sayyed, Muslim Pakistani Scholar, Journalist, Author and Former Editor in Chief of Our Times, Pakistan Today, and The Muslim World Today
Blinded by their anti-Semitism, Arabs ignore the fact that neither are they an indigenous group nor is the Jewish nationhood a new phenomenon in Palestine; the Jewish nation was born during 40 years of wandering in the Sinai more than five thousand years ago and has remained connected with Palestine ever since. “Even after the destruction of the last Jewish commonwealth in the first century, the Jewish people maintained their own autonomous political and legal institutions: the Davidic dynasty was preserved in Baghdad until the thirteenth century through the rule of the Exilarch (Resh Galuta), while the return to Zion was incorporated into the most widely practiced Jewish traditions, including the end of the Yom Kippur service and the Passover Seder, as well as in everyday prayers. Thus, Jewish historic rights were kept alive in Jewish historical consciousness.

It is a matter of record that the Arabs owe their presence in Palestine to the Ottomans who settled Muslim populations as a buffer against Bedouin attacks and Ibrahim Pasha, the Egyptian ruler who brought Egyptian colonists with his army in the 1830s. And during all those times when Arabs lived under the Ottoman rule, they never showed any desire for national independence.

Jerusalem has always remained a Jewish majority – a symbol of Jewish yearning to be an independent nation as they thrived in communities in many of Palestine’s towns. “By 1864, a clear-cut Jewish majority emerged in Jerusalem - more than half a century before the arrival of the British Empire and the League of Nations Mandate. During the years that the Jewish presence in Eretz Israel was restored, a huge Arab population influx transpired as Arab immigrants sought to take advantage of higher wages and economic opportunities that resulted from Jewish settlement in the land. President Roosevelt concluded in 1939 that "Arab immigration into Palestine since 1921 has vastly exceeded the total Jewish immigration during the whole period."

The present Arab declaration challenging the Jewish character of Israel cannot be ignored because it is not just an expression of dissatisfaction by a minority about their socio-economic situation but a reminder that Islamist radicalism and fundamentalism has now decided to challenge openly the legitimacy of the Jewish state.
Global Politician - Israel?s Arab Citizens And The Jewish State

PBS: Civilization and the Jews
The interaction of Jewish history and Western civilization successively assumed different forms. In the Biblical and Ancient periods, Israel was an integral part of the Near Eastern and classical world, which gave birth to Western civilization. It shared the traditions of ancient Mesopotamia and the rest of that world with regard to it’s own beginning; it benefited from the decline of Egypt and the other great Near Eastern empires to emerge as a nation in it’s own right; it asserted it’s claim to the divinely promised Land of Israel
PBS - Heritage

Harvard University Semitic Museum: The Houses of Ancient Israel The Houses of Ancient Israel § Semitic Museum

In archaeological terms The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine focuses on the Iron Age (1200-586 B.C.E.). Iron I (1200-1000 B.C.E.) represents the premonarchical period. Iron II (1000-586 B.C.E.) was the time of kings. Uniting the tribal coalitions of Israel and Judah in the tenth century B.C.E., David and Solomon ruled over an expanding realm. After Solomon's death (c. 930 B.C.E.) Israel and Judah separated into two kingdoms.
Israel was led at times by strong kings, Omri and Ahab in the ninth century B.C.E. and Jereboam II in the eighth.

Harvard University Semitic Museum: Jerusalem During The Reign Of King Hezekiah--New Exhibition At The Semitic Museum Re-Creates Numerous Aspects Of Ancient Israel Harvard Gazette: Jerusalem during the reign of King Hezekiah

The Semitic Museum has installed a new exhibition that brings the world of biblical Israel into vivid, three-dimensional reality. "The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine" immerses the viewer in Israelite daily life around the time of King Hezekiah (8th century B.C.), creating an experiential environment based on the latest archaeological, textual, and historical research.

The centerpiece of the exhibition is a full-scale Israelite house, open on one side, filled with authentic ancient artifacts that show how life was lived by common inhabitants of ancient Jerusalem. Agricultural tools, a cooking area, and a stall occupied by a single, scruffy ram fill the ground floor of the cube-shaped, mud-brick structure, which, thankfully, is not olfactorily authentic. The upper story, reached by a ladder, is devoted to eating and sleeping.

All over the entire world indigenous populations were overridden by invadors. Fact is that any land belongs to whoever rules it at any given period of time. So what is your point here?

It is inadmissible to acquire land through the threat or use of force.

It has been that way for close to a hundred years. It was not like that in 1492. Times change.

It is inadmissible to acquire land through the threat or use of force.

It has been that way for close to a hundred years. It was not like that in 1492. Times change.

Israel acquired land in a defensive war, for which there is no prohibition.

You're dismissed to the dunce's corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fact is that all Muslim lands are stolen lands conquered by force whereby the indigenous populations had to convert, leave or be killed. And all three options took place under the rule of peaceful Islam.

Forum List

Back