Israel was a colonialist project from the outset, and so remains today

Oh come on, you guys. There are what? ten million people living in Israel/Palestine where there used to be 500,000. Don't try to tell me there was no room for the Jewish people in their homeland. There is plenty of room for both. And there is still empty land to be built upon. Hence the concern about "settlers".

Both Britain and the Zionists called it colonialism during the Mandate period.

Sure it was the term in general use at the time to mean immigration, especially when referring to land which was not in use.

It does not have the same meaning as you mean it here -- where a colonial power sends its own citizens to a foreign territory.

You can't colonize your own homeland.
Colonialism and settler colonialism are two different things.

Look it up.

Oh come on, you guys. There are what? ten million people living in Israel/Palestine where there used to be 500,000. Don't try to tell me there was no room for the Jewish people in their homeland. There is plenty of room for both. And there is still empty land to be built upon. Hence the concern about "settlers".
I can see how an american would view displacement in this manner, it's very familiar and comfortable for americans, specially white ones. Constant expansionism until the society implodes.

Colonialism and settler colonialism are two different things.

Look it up.

"Settlers" returning to their own homeland are returnees, not colonizers. You aren't telling me that if a Palestinian returns home that he is a colonialist, are you?

I can see how an american would view displacement in this manner, it's very familiar and comfortable for americans, specially white ones. Constant expansionism until the society implodes.

Who are you calling an American? Do you not see my avatar?

Are you trying to argue that people shouldn't migrate?

I'm addressing the "migration" of euros onto the North American continent. Do you not have the capacity to comprehend that?

I'm addressing the "migration" of euros onto the North American continent. Do you not have the capacity to comprehend that?

Yes, people most decidedly not returning home, but colonizing. Are you trying to make the argument that people should not migrate?

Yes, people most decidedly not returning home, but colonizing. Are you trying to make the argument that people should not migrate?

Are you an idiot attempting to have another conversation? You were blathering on about rights and apparently you equate migration with colonizing as if they must be linked. For the record, I don't care where you wander off to.

Are you an idiot attempting to have another conversation? You were blathering on about rights and apparently you equate migration with colonizing as if they must be linked. For the record, I don't care where you wander off to.
There is a big difference between an immigrant and a settler colonialist.

An immigrant moves to a country to be a part of that country. They melt into and live in the local culture.

A settler colonialist lives separate from the local population in colonies that continuously expand pushing out the local people. Their goal is to replace the locals with their own people.

There is a big difference between an immigrant and a settler colonialist.

An immigrant moves to a country to be a part of that country. They melt into and live in the local culture.

A settler colonialist lives separate from the local population in colonies that continuously expand pushing out the local people. Their goal is to replace the locals with their own people.
Which may be why he keeps attempting to call settler colonialists immigrants.

...there was no room for the Jewish people in their homeland....
Their homeland? NOT! More of your utter bullshit.

Judaism and zionism are extreme opposites

The People of Israel oppose the so-called "State of Israel" for four reasons.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah, backed up up by your own threads. Your OPINION. More of your utter bullshit.
Your OPINION. More of your utter bullshit.

Forum List

Back