Israeli Public Opinion and the Peace Process

Oh? Oo. Ok, then.

First of, I don't really agree with the definition as it is, in Israel. Most Israeli Jews are traditional. If you ask we respect the holidays and go to the synagogue or the Kotel at least once in awhile. The strictly religious and completely secular Jews are in minority.

So I see myself as Masortit.

Preferential treatments of Jews, yes or no? Mhmm. Yes. But only when it comes to immigration. Nothing less, nothing more.

Should Arabs be expelled? Family members of Israeli Arabs who commit terror against civilians and state, definitely. Should everyday Arabs should be expelled 'Just because'? 'F'course not. Those who voted yes are assholes.

Two states solution possible? No.

Out of curiousity, why do you believe a two-state solution is impossible?

I'm beginning to think that way, but have not given up on it.

Because if you take notice at your own threads, neither one of us wants the other around. And you cannot force people to get along.

I would think that would make a two-state solution easier - two seperate states.

And what will be the borders?:eusa_whistle:

That's the ten million dollar question.

In general my experience with other First Nations people has been that they wouldn't expel every colonist everywhere. Only the violent ones apposed to peaceful coexistence

That doesn't seem reflected in the public opinon poll though - in 3 of the 4 Jewish categories, more than half wanted to expell the Arabs. There was no distinction between violent and non-violent. I will have to see how they actually worded the questions though.

And 70% of Arabs want to expel Jews. Which is just making my point.

Which point?

That 2-states-solution is not a real solution.

Oh? Oo. Ok, then.

First of, I don't really agree with the definition as it is, in Israel. Most Israeli Jews are traditional. If you ask we respect the holidays and go to the synagogue or the Kotel at least once in awhile. The strictly religious and completely secular Jews are in minority.

Preferential treatments of Jews, yes or no? Mhmm. Yes. But only when it comes to immigration. Nothing less, nothing more.

Should Arabs be expelled? Family members of Israeli Arabs who commit terror against civilians and state, definitely. Should everyday Arabs should be expelled 'Just because'? 'F'course not. Those who voted yes are assholes.

Because if you take notice at your own threads, neither one of us wants the other around. And you cannot force people to get along.

I would think that would make a two-state solution easier - two seperate states.

That's the ten million dollar question.

Exactly.

In general my experience with other First Nations people has been that they wouldn't expel every colonist everywhere. Only the violent ones apposed to peaceful coexistence

That doesn't seem reflected in the public opinon poll though - in 3 of the 4 Jewish categories, more than half wanted to expell the Arabs. There was no distinction between violent and non-violent. I will have to see how they actually worded the questions though.

Where did you get that from?

Which point?

What would be? I do not see a one-state solution as being feasible. 3 states maybe with Gaza and WB seperate.

Last edited:
Oh? Oo. Ok, then.

According to Israel's plan, the West Bank will be a series of bantustans completely surrounded by Israel. They would only have one border and that would be Israel. That is called the Gazafication of the West Bank.

No Palestinian can agree to that.

A one-state plan for Mideast peace

At the heart of the plan is the idea of a single Jewish state between the Mediterranean and the River Jordan. She rejects the anti-Zionist idea of a bi-national, secular state. She also rejects the idea of two separate states, which is the policy recent American presidents have been plumping for.

The two-state plan, Glick says, is “among the most irrational, unsuccessful policies the United States has ever adopted.”

By her count, there have been more than a dozen efforts to advance a two-state scheme over the past 90 years. Between 1970 and 2013, she reckons, America alone presented nine two-state peace plans. None got anywhere, because the agitators for a Palestinian Arab state don’t want peace with Israel.

How naïve is the notion that they ever did. Glick relates how the movement for Palestinian Arab statehood was poisoned by the collaboration of the early Palestinian Arab leader, Haj Amin el-Husseini, and Hitler. During World War II, El-Husseini, known as the Mufti of Jerusalem, lurked in Berlin, plotting the slaughter of Jews in the Middle East.

One objection to a one-state plan is the fear that Jews would lose their majority. President Obama raised this idea in his interview two weeks ago with journalist Jeffrey Goldberg. The president seems to think that Jews, so ingenious at so many things, cannot compete in going forth and multiplying.

Glick challenges these assumptions. She calls the data in support of this threat “completely fraudulent” — numbers stemming from a Palestinian Authority census of 1997 that “inflated the number of Palestinians by 50 percent” and “lied about demographic trends in birthrates and immigration and so inflated the assessments of future growth.”

“Real demographic data,” Glick reports, show that “even if all the Palestinians living in Judea and Samaria are granted Israeli citizenship, Jews would still remain a two-thirds majority of the citizens of Israel.”

http://nypost.com/2014/03/20/a-one-state-plan-for-mideast-peace/

Which point?

Bingo

First of all we already have two states with a third poised to go as soon as its people decide they want one. A fourth state will make no difference whatsoever.

NOT ANOTHER INCH

I can't imagine the Arab Muslims in Israel have any intention of ending the violence simply because they get a title.

Ergo, don't give them a title.

They can either learn to live in peace or they can leave.

End of discussion

Given the demographic situation, it will be the Jews that will have to leave if they don't learn to live in peace with the non-Jews they currently they rule over.

Gerbils speaks, granted its the standard speech of hatred but still its entertaining.

So now its the Israeli's who are going to have to learn to get along eh ? Brilliant. The simple truth is that the Israeli's hold all the cards. They won the war and the only thing remaining is the peace treaties.

Once the Arab Muslims learn to negotiate in good faith their final disposition then we can be done with this. I suggest we apply the Geneva Conventions and throw the violent among them out but that might be a bit to much for some of our Arab Muslims to contemplate at the moment.

But give it a few thousand more lives and a few more years and my bet is the idea of applying the Geneva Conventions to the letter will become more and more attractive

Given the demographic situation, it will be the Jews that will have to leave if they don't learn to live in peace with the non-Jews they currently they rule over.
If the non-Jews had the ability to annihilate the Jews they would have.
The Jews HAVE the ability to to annihilate the non-Jews and they don't.

If the non-Jews had the ability to annihilate the Jews they would have.
The Jews HAVE the ability to to annihilate the non-Jews and they don't.

End Quote

Now there's one worth repeating

Oh? Oo. Ok, then.

According to Israel's plan, the West Bank will be a series of bantustans completely surrounded by Israel. They would only have one border and that would be Israel. That is called the Gazafication of the West Bank.

No Palestinian can agree to that.

There is no such thing called "Israel's plan". Israel has no solution for it either, or else it would have pounced on it.

Oh? Oo. Ok, then.

Because of the Palestinians comments over the last 67 years that have stated they will fight to the last man before giving up any of Palestine. So this means they will never agree to terms, and any they say they agree with will be breached before the ink is dry. There is already a two state solution in place and the UN should be enforcing it NOW, and any muslim that sees it as a means to cause violence should be shot and dumped in a lime pit.

After living with arab violence for 67 years I think you would see it the same way. What gives the arab's the right to attack unarmed Israeli's to further their religious commands ?

Forum List

Back