It ain't voter suppression, but.............

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
I noticed this a few years back when voting in Amarillo. There were a lot of candidates on the ballot who were running unopposed, and all of them were Republican. I figured that it must be a regional thing, as Amarillo was a pretty red area, and the Dems weren't running as they figured they wouldn't get the votes. And, it wasn't just in the local positions, there were a few in the higher positions as well.

Well, ended up moving to Newberry SC, (yeah, I know, another deep red area), and paid attention to the ballot when I voted a few days ago for early voting. Same damn thing............all of the unopposed candidates were Republican. There were no Dems who were unopposed, all of the unopposed candidates were Republican.

Are there other areas where people have noticed this? And, I'm also curious if there are areas where there are Dems who are running unopposed, as I've not seen a ballot in a long time with an unopposed Dem.

I noticed this a few years back when voting in Amarillo. There were a lot of candidates on the ballot who were running unopposed, and all of them were Republican. I figured that it must be a regional thing, as Amarillo was a pretty red area, and the Dems weren't running as they figured they wouldn't get the votes. And, it wasn't just in the local positions, there were a few in the higher positions as well.

Well, ended up moving to Newberry SC, (yeah, I know, another deep red area), and paid attention to the ballot when I voted a few days ago for early voting. Same damn thing............all of the unopposed candidates were Republican. There were no Dems who were unopposed, all of the unopposed candidates were Republican.

Are there other areas where people have noticed this? And, I'm also curious if there are areas where there are Dems who are running unopposed, as I've not seen a ballot in a long time with an unopposed Dem.
Usually happens when it is a deep red or blue district and the candidate is of the majority party. AOC ran unopposed in her district.

2/3rds of page 3 of my ballot was just a long list of Republicans running unopposed. I'm in Denton, just to the north of Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Many local offices on my ballot (puerco precinct, Apache county ,az) are unopposed democrats.

In parts of Arkansas there were area's nobody from either side wanted to run for political office.
Because they'd be competing against the Clintons and didn't want to end up dead.

Last edited:

Democrats can’t show their faces in pro-American areas. Only in Commie strongholds do they do well. But even there they often cheat.

In my local elections I have noticed that one party never runs someone sometimes. It happens.

Some of the judges in NYC run against themselves only, each party nominates them for the same position.

Go to Massachusetts and you'll find a good chunk of Democrats running unopposed.

What exactly is your point?

Forum List

Back