Did you read this link

• Nope

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yep

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • If you did not, why not

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
You sure like the word "Regressive", which you use as a pejorative. Maybe you could find a definition of the word from a credible source, then I might take you seriously.
Oh, I'd be MORE than happy to.

These actual liberals will explain, including the guy who coined the term, on top:
2_zpsrcdlll8a.gif~original

And there are also some with vision problems, those who can only see the flaws of the other "side".

The fact is, authoritarianism isn't a partisan political subject. It's a function of both far ends.

My clarity is fine, maybe you can't see what is happening, and what has happened in the past.

I admit, the terms "Authoritarian" and "fascist" are too loaded and cause a visceral reaction in those who support Trump, and consider the words themselves simply a pejorative used a partisan.

The facts, however, in their definitions by sources not connected to Trump and the current iteration of Republicans, are evidence, or if you like, food for thought. They define behavior, and behavior of authoritarian leaders in the past, and the methods used by them and neofascists on other continents.
I can see both sides of this pretty clearly. I'm not intellectually bound by an ideology that can only blame "the other guy".

Get off your high horse, you contribute nothing to the issue.

It only looks high from you lowly position on the food chain.

It looks perfectly reasonable to me
It cracks me up when the wingers accuse me of being on a "high horse". I do get that from both sides.

It's all a matter of perspective.

From my perspective, a majority of the country and I are getting our asses kicked by the narcissistic zealots on both ends who have pretty much taken over the conversation, dividing the country terribly, and causing it great harm. I only WISH I were on a high horse, with HALF the influence the zealots have.

Hence my sig.

He is no different than the most fervent bible thumper insisting the earth is 6000 years old and that Dinosaur bones were placed on Earth by Satan to fool us.

He represents your sig and my avatar.

I liken politics in some ways to cooking. Most anybody can follow a recipe, and if they follow it well, can arrive at something edible. An actual COOK, however, understands the processes involved. Similarly, fundamentalists like Wry Catcher are capable of following the script and nothing more. Understanding concepts is beyond their very limited abilities, and so they fail to notice how much they do support a concept in one instance when they decry it in another.

Good grief, this moron defends Islamism which is off the charts in terms of authoritarianism, and he does so because he is too stupid to understand the concept. I know, you and I differ on this to at least some degree as you attribute it to ideology, but as far as I'm concerned, if a person doesn't have the ability to understand the concepts, they are not intelligent to begin with. Now, certainly, SOME of the mind-boggling hypocrisy of these doctrinaire leftists is a result of their extremely conformist nature and the group think a product of being conditioned by their peers, but that doesn't explain it all.

Last edited:
"Authoritarianism, principle of blind submission to authority, as opposed to individual freedom of thought and action. In government, authoritarianism denotes any political system that concentrates power in the hands of a leader or a small elite that is not constitutionally responsible to the body of the people. Authoritarian leaders often exercise power arbitrarily and without regard to existing bodies of law, and they usually cannot be replaced by citizens choosing freely among various competitors in elections. The freedom to create opposition political parties or other alternative political groupings with which to compete for power with the ruling group is either limited or nonexistent in authoritarian regimes."

authoritarianism | Definition & Facts

I know from experience that like an ostrich the supporters of Donald Trump and the members here who support the governance under the leadership of McConnell and Ryan, will not read the above link. It exposes Authoritarianism in general, and those governments in the past who are accepted as authoritarian and how they evolved.

For those who choose to mock this thread, none should call them patriots.

Okay, that first sentence there,

You are all a bunch of fucking slaves.

Exactly. We now have all sorts of ethnic groups to the point where freedom as we once enjoyed it is no longer possible. That is why we are so divided and will remain divided thus the only thing that can possibly hold this mess together is a strong authoritarian government.

I have to disagree. I know good, decent Americans of pretty much every ethnicity you can think of; just as I know quite a few worthless Caucasians here in the USA. For me it's far more about the thoughts, words and deeds of the person than the color of their skin or their ethnic background. "American" is about the culture you embrace, not the color of your skin.

"Authoritarianism, principle of blind submission to authority, as opposed to individual freedom of thought and action. In government, authoritarianism denotes any political system that concentrates power in the hands of a leader or a small elite that is not constitutionally responsible to the body of the people. Authoritarian leaders often exercise power arbitrarily and without regard to existing bodies of law, and they usually cannot be replaced by citizens choosing freely among various competitors in elections. The freedom to create opposition political parties or other alternative political groupings with which to compete for power with the ruling group is either limited or nonexistent in authoritarian regimes."

I know from experience that like an ostrich the supporters of Donald Trump and the members here who support the governance under the leadership of McConnell and Ryan, will not read the above link. It exposes Authoritarianism in general, and those governments in the past who are accepted as authoritarian and how they evolved.

Another one of your hypocritcal writings but nothing on chicago libs calling in the UN. You're a continual laugher.

Bring in the U.N. to solve Chicago 'genocide,' Boykin says

Your own hero, FDR, was guilty of everything that you just wrote.

You sure like the word "Regressive", which you use as a pejorative. Maybe you could find a definition of the word from a credible source, then I might take you seriously.

These actual liberals will explain, including the guy who coined the term, on top:

I see one data point from a single source (I couldn't open the other links). By the single source's statement one can infer every American foreign policy has had repressive elements, since we have trading partners which conflict with our alliance in NATO, once upon a time SEATO, and colluded with Russian to defeat Nazi Germany and are partners with them in Space; China & Vietnam are our trading partners which drives a a John Bircher nuts; we have agreements to sell arms to Saudi Arabia. And need I mention Iran-Contra?

In my case I opposite the invasion and occupation of Iraq, but supported the effort by Obama to use drones to cut off the head of the snake. The neoconservatives, btw, were pushing for nation building in Iraq as early as 1997 (look up the Statement of Priniciple of the PNAC).

And what you'll NEVER understand, until it's too late is that Authoritarianism is a product of liberal/leftist/statist thinking.

Return to the government given by the Founding Fathers and abandon the need for a large, intrusive federal Government.

Yet you fight Trumps efforts to minimize the federal government EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!
Trump fired Comey. He is undermining the Mueller investigation with all his "fake news" accusations and his legions who are saying Mueller's team is unacceptably biased.
If Trump finds a way to fire Mueller, there can be no more fiddling with excuses. Authoritarianism is here.

And what you'll NEVER understand, until it's too late is that Authoritarianism is a product of liberal/leftist/statist thinking.

Return to the government given by the Founding Fathers and abandon the need for a large, intrusive federal Government.

Yet you fight Trumps efforts to minimize the federal government EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!
Trump fired Comey. He is undermining the Mueller investigation with all his "fake news" accusations and his legions who are saying Mueller's team is unacceptably biased.
If Trump finds a way to fire Mueller, there can be no more fiddling with excuses. Authoritarianism is here.

As is all of the elements necessary for

As is all of the elements necessary for

And the obstruction of justice by the President and his Attorney's would be apparent. See:

18 US Code 73. No one is above the law.

This illustrates why Trump is the perfect representative for the GOP and conservatives in general: Trump is an arrogant authoritarian, as are most on the right – frightened by diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.
says no reply jones,someone too frightened to defend all the bullshit he throws up ......prove me wrong jones....

I see one data point from a single source (I couldn't open the other links). By the single source's statement one can infer every American foreign policy has had repressive elements, since we have trading partners which conflict with our alliance in NATO, once upon a time SEATO, and colluded with Russian to defeat Nazi Germany and are partners with them in Space; China & Vietnam are our trading partners which drives a a John Bircher nuts; we have agreements to sell arms to Saudi Arabia. And need I mention Iran-Contra?

In my case I opposite the invasion and occupation of Iraq, but supported the effort by Obama to use drones to cut off the head of the snake. The neoconservatives, btw, were pushing for nation building in Iraq as early as 1997 (look up the Statement of Priniciple of the PNAC).

Well, once you can click on those things, you'll have a comprehensive idea of the term Regressive Left, provided by actual liberals.

Sure, authoritarianism is the natural result of going too far in either political direction. It can happen to any country.

Trump has certainly exhibited those tendencies at times, and his supporters have obediently followed right along.

On the other end are the Regressive Leftists, illiberal leftist authoritarians, constantly leveraging & weaponizing PC and Identity Politics.

Both ends clearly demonstrate for us regularly why moderation and pragmatism must win the day, before it's too late.
Yep....wanting a wall is what dictators do.
Wanting to keep us from being ripped off by foreign countries is what dictators do.
Wanting to stop murderers from entering out country is what dictators do.
Wanting to drain the swamp and giving power back to the people, I mean that's just going too far. As GWB said "That's some weird shit".

Yeah....I can see how people that hate Trump see tendencies of a dictator in him.....

This illustrates why Trump is the perfect representative for the GOP and conservatives in general: Trump is an arrogant authoritarian, as are most on the right – frightened by diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.
says no reply jones,someone too frightened to defend all the bullshit he throws up ......prove me wrong jones....

Every last one of his (or the robot's) postings are the same:

"Republicans/Conservatives a big meany poopooheads"

There is never any depth. There is no analysis. There is no intelligence, reasoning, comprehensiveness or subtlety -- just this same simple-minded and very broad-brushed authoritative statement over and over and freaking over again.

I think it must be the robot, myself. I mean, what kind of person wouldn't get completely bored if they said the same thing thousands of times over? It must be something that was programmed.
If he is

LOL, look in the mirror. Your 'robot' programs you with, "believe me!", and attacks on everyone who does not kiss his ass.

Okay, that first sentence there,

You are all a bunch of fucking slaves.

This is the guy that knows how to make Big Macs.
He's really got a future.

Authoritarian=Obamacare

" The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is pushing back on a report saying the agency was not allowing the personnel at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to use words like "diversity," "transgender" and "fetus" in official documents.

"The assertion that HHS has 'banned words' is a complete mischaracterization of discussions regarding the budget formulation process," HHS spokesman Matt Lloyd told The Hill on Saturday.

See this link: HHS pushes back on report it's blocking CDC from using certain words

Your dream is for authoritarianism to happen here, it's what you Communist democrats are waging this civil war to institute.

Forum List

Back