It Gets Worse: Secret Service Warned of Armed Gunman Ten Minutes Before Trump Walked on Stage

Stand down far more likely. Secret Service is hard wired to sweep the president off the stage at the drop of a hat. Then you have the snipers who already had the shooter in the crosshairs, aiming a rifle at Trump. Why did they wait?
Because they couldn't see him until he raised his head to fire?
It takes a while to steady aim a 120 yard head shot. Why were they calling on their headsets that they had a gunman in sight?
I'm going with gross incompetence, or, at worst, the agents just didn't care that much because Trump is such a jackass. There's simply no benefit to Dems in assassinating Trump, successful or otherwise. It's the worst thing that's happened to their hopes at holding the White House.

The SS was a dismal failure, but why didn't this guy's partner unload his gun on this cretin?

Nothing about any of this makes any sense.
The liberal woke anti police agenda has made cops timid and afraid to take individual initiative

Ye
This was well before Trump took the stage. The should have delayed his speech until the mitigated the threat.

They didn't.
Exactly.

If they didn't fire because they weren't sure he was really on a roof with a rifle to do anything untoward, why not just send a guy up to question him?

Oh, they did, and Crooks pointed his rifle at the officer, so the officer backed down. Not to turn this into a police-bashing thread, but police officers have been known to shoot a man crawling on his belly for reaching to pull up his shorts, and not be punished for it because that's how they were trained. Police have shot a kid playing with a toy gun. What in the world would make police do nothing when an officer has a rifle pointed at him at an event with thousands of people, including the next president?

Nothing but the strongest command from the Secret Service Agent in charge at the scene.

I hope both Cheatle and whoever was in charge of the Secret Service detail at that event appear before congress. They won't answer many questions, but at least we can learn something from at least how they dodge them.

Ye

Exactly.

If they didn't fire because they weren't sure he was really on a roof with a rifle to do anything untoward, why not just send a guy up to question him?

Oh, they did, and Crooks pointed his rifle at the officer, so the officer backed down. Not to turn this into a police-bashing thread, but police officers have been known to shoot a man crawling on his belly for reaching to pull up his shorts, and not be punished for it because that's how they were trained. Police have shot a kid playing with a toy gun. What in the world would make police do nothing when an officer has a rifle pointed at him at an event with thousands of people, including the next president?

Nothing but the strongest command from the Secret Service Agent in charge at the scene.

I hope both Cheatle and whoever was in charge of the Secret Service detail at that event appear before congress. They won't answer many questions, but at least we can learn something from at least how they dodge them.
Make sure trump wins in november

Then order DOJ to appoint a special council that trump chooses

I disagree, I think JD Vance should be made 'investigation czar'.
Trump needs to delegate more because he will so busy WINNING
Special council or independent prosecutors are always appointed snd empowered through the DOJ, aka the Attorney General

The SS was a dismal failure, but why didn't this guy's partner unload his gun on this cretin?

Nothing about any of this makes any sense.
They were temps. dhs's version of rent a cops.

Stand down far more likely. Secret Service is hard wired to sweep the president off the stage at the drop of a hat. Then you have the snipers who already had the shooter in the crosshairs, aiming a rifle at Trump. Why did they wait? It takes a while to steady aim a 120 yard head shot. Why were they calling on their headsets that they had a gunman in sight?
A few of the million dollar questions that must be answered.
And not by a slopey roof excuse

They were temps. dhs's version of rent a cops.
That makes sense. Cheatle doesn't seem like the type to have proactively planned to stand Trump up for a shooting. But I can easily see Mayorkas planning just that.

His self-delusional reasoning would be, "I didn't shoot Trump. I just weakened security for reasons having nothing to do with getting rid of Trump. Not my fault if something completely unforeseeable happened!"

He uses similar logic to tell himself the surge of illegals that are wreeking havoc in the U.S. is not his fault. He himself did not bring them in.

At this point there is no way the shooting can be just bad dumb luck

If a complete investigation by credible people, aka NOT the FBI, finds everyone on the SS team innocent but stupid I will accept that

But we arent there yet

Forum List

Back