Its about TIME

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
mid south
A California democrat House member has introduced a bill outlawing the sale and use of untraceable or so called "burner phones"...These are the choice devices of criminals and terrorists who wish to have their whereabouts and other identifying traces hidden from view.
I think this ban is an excellent idea.
Oh...The prepaid wireless business will not suffer form this. All the ph0ne makers have to do is install technology that makes them as visible as not prepaid phones. Simple.
New bill would outlaw prepaid 'burner phones'

A California democrat House member has introduced a bill outlawing the sale and use of untraceable or so called "burner phones"...These are the choice devices of criminals and terrorists who wish to have their whereabouts and other identifying traces hidden from view.
Oh...The prepaid wireless business will not suffer form this. All the ph0ne makers have to do is install technology that makes them as visible as not prepaid phones. Simple.

A California democrat House member has introduced a bill outlawing the sale and use of untraceable or so called "burner phones"...

Why do Democrats hate poor people?

I think it's a good idea! No one said it was the total solution, Doc.

A California democrat House member has introduced a bill outlawing the sale and use of untraceable or so called "burner phones"...

They'll just put that new thingy in them so they aren't untreaceable and poor people will once again be able to buy phones.

They'll just put that new thingy in them so they aren't untreaceable and poor people will once again be able to buy phones.

I don't think you understand how prepaid phones work. Tell us more about this "new thingy" that you're imagining.

Liberal democrats are impeding free markets, and your response is that "it's about time"?

I bet you think this will make a dent in drug trafficking. :lol:

Please see the fourth item on this list: Common Logical Fallacies In Political Arguments

If illegals have been getting bogus documentation for years to get jobs, I don't see why they can't use the same bogus documentation to get a cell phone.

Hell, if a SS card, which doesn't have a picture is all that is needed, it seems rather pointless.

What is the point? From what I've heard, the POTUS himself has had over five different SS numbers. :badgrin:

And let's say they do this. . . To what effect? Let's say they know what every disposable phone belongs to every terrorist and every thug. . . who cares, and what of it? What is that supposed to accomplish?

This NDAA, this patriot act, these huge data gathering and analyzing centers, these FISA courts, this ever encroaching police state. . . . . DID ANY OF IT, seriously stop the Boston Marathon bombings or the San Bernardino shooting? Of course not. And why do you suppose that is? :tinfoil:

Who needs freedom when you've got a false sense of security, right?

This from a far left drone that wants the government to rule our lives and tell us what to eat, what to drink, how we should spend our time..

Remember this is hat they support every time they vote far left , the government as your God!

"New thingy"?.....Are you on crack?

I think it's a good idea! No one said it was the total solution, Doc.

There is no such thing as a "total solution", which is the whole point.

There will still be danger, no matter how many freedoms you willingly give up.
Explain which freedom would be surrendered by joining the ranks of those who have real phones?
Look, from the 1940's onward, land line calls were traceable. What's the difference?....Nothing.....If you are not engaged in criminal activity, you have nothing to worry about.
In fact, the ability to ping a phone is a safety feature.
Let's suppose a person is involved in an accident and is incapacitated. The loved ones of this person are not aware of the injured person's whereabouts. The phone can be pinged to find the approximate location of the phone, thus assisting rescue personnel in locating that person.

Liberal democrats are impeding free markets, and your response is that "it's about time"?
For me this is a non partisan issue.
Criminals including terrorists are using these devices to evade law enforcement. They communicate with other criminals using these devices. The cops and prosecutor offices have difficulty making cases against known criminals because the crooks can conceal their whereabouts.
The criminals are laughing at US......

For me this is a non partisan issue.
Criminals including terrorists are using these devices to evade law enforcement. They communicate with other criminals using these devices. The cops and prosecutor offices have difficulty making cases against known criminals because the crooks can conceal their whereabouts.
The criminals are laughing at US......

Why do you hate freedom?

Forum List

Back