It's High Time The Churches Began To Do The Fair Thing

The Catholic church doesn't even make it on the list of places to go for help that we hand out to the homeless and they are not one of the churches that provides a community supper, free lunches or participates in the shelter program in our city.

The Roman Catholic Church is not a fucking soup kitchen.

Our particular church does hand out food baskets to the needy during holidays. You know when that's going on when the convoy of Cadillac's is streaming in and out of the parking lot.

While I will agree that there are SOME churches that are run like a business...others are not. And most churches provide a lot for their communities. In our area, churches run a homeless shelter in the winter...they provide community suppers and lunches, all for free to those who ask as long as there is room. They provide gas for people who need it, bus tickets so people can get to work...I know a church that provides room and board for homeless families, this while they can't afford to replace their roof.

Then I know a church that has a restaurant, a book store and the preacher flies in a helicoptor...they don't provide a whole lot for the community and they get the same tax exempt status.

I don't know, maybe there should be something to qualify them for tax exempt status other than just declaring they're a church?

I can speak only for my own Church. The Catholic Church - and we do more charitable work, provide more money, provide more aid, food, shelter, clothing, etc than any other organization on this earth.

I have a friend who is catholic. When my husband was unemployed for 3 years, she told me to call her church for help. My husband was baptised a catholic. Because I was not catholic, they refused to help us. None of the other churches in the community require that you be a member to be helped, or even that you be Christian.

The Catholic church doesn't even make it on the list of places to go for help that we hand out to the homeless and they are not one of the churches that provides a community supper, free lunches or participates in the shelter program in our city.

I accept what you say... I certainly won't call it a lie because I have no reason to believe that you would lie about it. However, the Catholic Church (as an organization) funds massive aid programs across the world. Most of the people they help are not Catholic.

In the US, for example, the Catholic Church is the largest private provider of social services in the country.

Globally, CAFOD (the main Catholic Charity) works in over 40 countries providing a vast amount of support of the world's poorest people.

As part of my own Church (locally), I work with underprivileged families, and none of them are members of my Church. The local Church also helps local Catholics but I have never known anyone to ask what religion someone is in order to qualify for assistance.

Our particular church does hand out food baskets to the needy during holidays. You know when that's going on when the convoy of Cadillac's is streaming in and out of the parking lot.

No, they aren't. But in America, they are the biggest private provider of social services... and they most certainly do run soup kitchens.

Every time I come onto this forum, I have to read bullshit from old partisan hacks. It's not fair!!!!!!!

(One day, some left wing hack is gonna take this post out of context and use it as evidence of their bullshit accusations. LMAO)

LOL..............you talk about bullshit:

The universe was created in six days about 6000 years ago

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race

There was a flood in which the water level reached a hight of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks

Big fish puked up live men

Walls came tumbling at the sound of a trumpet

A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe

A man was able to walk on water

People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them

Water was turned into fine wine

5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected

A man was hiung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle

test your intelligence. That is such a major crock of shit that only a
fool or somebody who was brainwased as a child could possibly believe
it...especially if the story was told by a few of the man's close friends 2000
years ago and never verified by anobody else.

Then there's the story that gets passed down, that each generation is told to believe. That of a fat man in a red suit, pushing himself down a skinny dirty chimney, being transported through the air by a group of flying reindeer so he can travel the world in one night. Not to mention a large white fluffy bunny who takes photos with the kids before (for no apparent reason) hiding colorful eggs by easter morning for all the children to go out and find. Now you want to suggest that it's the Christians who have been taking some very good drugs?

Every time I am in the middle of the small town closest to where we live I have to look at the ten commandments posted along fences and on buildings which are properties owned by churches. These people put up 100 ft. high crosses adjacent to Interstate highways(two on I-75 within 50 miles of one another) and every other thing they can do to "Spread Their Gospel". They preach sermons involving politicians who are running for re election....they do every "In Your Face" thing they can to promote their cause. The first thing which should be done in America is stop their tax exemption immediately. All they are is NOT SO SMALL businesses and in no way should they be able to avoid taxation.

Other than the governments of the world churches own more real property than anyone or anything else. Tax exemption is the main reason they stand in such an extraordinary position.

Has it not been pointed out to you previously that you are an idiot? And BTW, having been an evangelical Christian for the past 45 years, I've never heard a preacher endorse a candidate fro mthe pulpit. Now, they may preach the same values that candidates stand for, but an out and out endorsement, rare........and you know why? Because they can lose their tax exempt status for doing so. Beyond that, they can preach whatever they want. It's like TV. No one is forcing you to pay attention to what they do. Educate yourself and become a better poster.

Must have been all the coverage in the media of those radical left wing preachers promoting Obama to the Presidency.

No, they aren't. But in America, they are the biggest private provider of social services... and they most certainly do run soup kitchens.

I know (LOL) and I also know they sure as hell don't ask "What religion are you" when the needy seek assistance. People come to our parish office frequently seeking help and no one is ever turned away. We also have a St. Vincent de Paul complex on our church property that serves countless needy families in the community - as do our Knights. (of which I happen to be a 3rd degree!!)

Then there's the story that gets passed down, that each generation is told to believe. That of a fat man in a red suit, pushing himself down a skinny dirty chimney, being transported through the air by a group of flying reindeer so he can travel the world in one night. Not to mention a large white fluffy bunny who takes photos with the kids before (for no apparent reason) hiding colorful eggs by easter morning for all the children to go out and find. Now you want to suggest that it's the Christians who have been taking some very good drugs?

There's a big difference between stories told to children and stories that we're supposed to believe all our lives. If we believed in Santa and the EB into adulthod, I'd agree. Since that isn't the case, I'm afraid your argument is off point.

While I will agree that there are SOME churches that are run like a business...others are not. And most churches provide a lot for their communities. In our area, churches run a homeless shelter in the winter...they provide community suppers and lunches, all for free to those who ask as long as there is room. They provide gas for people who need it, bus tickets so people can get to work...I know a church that provides room and board for homeless families, this while they can't afford to replace their roof.

Then I know a church that has a restaurant, a book store and the preacher flies in a helicoptor...they don't provide a whole lot for the community and they get the same tax exempt status.

I don't know, maybe there should be something to qualify them for tax exempt status other than just declaring they're a church?

I can speak only for my own Church. The Catholic Church - and we do more charitable work, provide more money, provide more aid, food, shelter, clothing, etc than any other organization on this earth.

I have a friend who is catholic. When my husband was unemployed for 3 years, she told me to call her church for help. My husband was baptised a catholic. Because I was not catholic, they refused to help us. None of the other churches in the community require that you be a member to be helped, or even that you be Christian.

The catholic church owns half of Rome and all of the Vatican. They have accumulated billions of dollars of wealth in fine art, gold, silver, jewels etc. They just coincidently enjoy playing with the genitals of adolescents.

No business should be tax exempt. And religion is big business.

That's the way it should be. Families and communities caring enough to help one another, not government taking money and using "politics" to decide who gets a handout or bailout and who doesn't. Giving money so the government can be seen providing free funding for a certain group, in exchange for an unwritten guarantee that this voting block will continue to support them in office. That's not charity, that looks like bribery and taking advantage of someone's lifestyle.

I don't have to put up with preaching, that's just it: the Constitution is quite clear about it.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Don't see it. Where does it say prohibiting exercise in public?

Write SCOTUS, tell em they are wrong. Until then, yes, you don't preach to me in a government place or at work. End of story.

The catholic church owns half of Rome and all of the Vatican. They have accumulated billions of dollars of wealth in fine art, gold, silver, jewels etc.

It's the church founded by Jesus / God. They didn't accumulate gold, silver, jewels, etc. They (God) created it.

So STFU asswipe.

The catholic church owns half of Rome and all of the Vatican. They have accumulated billions of dollars of wealth in fine art, gold, silver, jewels etc. They just coincidently enjoy playing with the genitals of adolescents.

I assume you have a valid source (not some anti-Catholic rant-blog) to prove your assertion that it 'owns half of Rome'. I'll wait.

Yes, they do own the Vatican. It is the seat of our Church. Or are we not supposed to own our Churches because it offends a few fucking fools?

It has not 'accumulated billions of dollars of wealth in fine art, gold, silver, jewels, etc. It houses priceless antiquities that it holds in trust on behalf of all mankind. It does not own those treasures - although it has paid for some of them - and maintains those artworks at it's own expense... but those priceless items are held not for Catholics - but to save them from disappearing into private collections, or being destroyed. Those works are part of our global heritage. The Catholic Church provides this service to all mankind - without asking anything in return.

And your moronic comment about pedophiles is beneath contempt. Less than 1% of priests have ever been accused of abuse. And most of them have not been found guilty. But you are not one to let honesty and facts get in the way of your ridiculous opinions.

Last edited:
damn i am glad i am not fixated on hating things i cannot change....personally i like the crosses...we have them all over the place....i have posted pics on here before of the religious symbols etc...i have ran across rainbows setting on church steeples......my favorite is the church in wv...its a whitewashed brick church but there is a cross made of red washed bricks that always seem to be bleeding.....how can you not love the art? there is so much art in religion...the crosses are part of that art....

removing the crosses would be like the taiban blowing up the statues....a loss of art.....we should never do that....

no one can deny that religion is big business...and is not treated as such

joel osteen seems to be the new jim bakker

praise the lord and pass the loot

I assume you have a valid source (not some anti-Catholic rant-blog) to prove your assertion that it 'owns half of Rome'. I'll wait.

Yes, they do own the Vatican. It is the seat of our Church. Or are we not supposed to own our Churches because it offends a few fucking fools?

It has not 'accumulated billions of dollars of wealth in fine art, gold, silver, jewels, etc. It houses priceless antiquities that it holds in trust on behalf of all mankind. It does not own those treasures - although it has paid for them - and maintains those artworks at it's own expense... but those priceless items are held not for Catholics - but to save them from disappearing into private collections, or being destroyed. Those works are part of our global heritage. The Catholic Church provides this service to all mankind - without asking anything in return.

And your moronic comment about pedophiles is beneath contempt. Less than 1% of priests have ever been accused of abuse. And most of them have not been found guilty. But you are not one to let honesty and facts get in the way of your ridiculous opinions.

I just love the silk gowns, the tall hats, the jeweled smoke pots, the beads that they fondle. Are you shitting me

That goddamed ancient bullschit is an affront to anybody with one eye and half sense.

The fact that for a thousand years they have been using the power to phuck young boys is a no brainer.

It has not 'accumulated billions of dollars of wealth in fine art, gold, silver, jewels, etc. It houses priceless antiquities that it holds in trust on behalf of all mankind. It does not own those treasures - although it has paid for them - and maintains those artworks at it's own expense... but those priceless items are held not for Catholics - but to save them from disappearing into private collections, or being destroyed. Those works are part of our global heritage. The Catholic Church provides this service to all mankind - without asking anything in return.

I just love the silk gowns, the tall hats, the jeweled smoke pots, the beads that they fondle. Are you shitting me

That goddamed ancient bullschit is an affront to anybody with one eye and half sense.

The fact that for a thousand years they have been using the power to phuck young boys is a no brainer.

You need to look up the meaning of the word 'fact'. Seriously, you are delusional. I point out exactly how you are 'mistaken' about the 'billions of blah blah blah' and this is the best come back you've got?

Pathetic.

You lose.

You need to look up the meaning of the word 'fact'. Seriously, you are delusional. I point out exactly how you are 'mistaken' about the 'billions of blah blah blah' and this is the best come back you've got?

Pathetic.

You lose.

I'll tell you what is pathetic. A high number of people who are still in denial about celibacy causing otherwise decent human beings to become rapists. You people have your heads up your asses further than any group I've witnessed during my 77 years.....that includes the Ku Klux Klan.

It's the caring heart of the individuals who believe in their heart what they Bible says that truly represents the "body" of the church. Some denominations won't help anyone that's not a member of their congregation, which doesn't view well of their purpose for attending church in the first place (changing their hearts to follow the Christ to which they aspire to be). Now that being said, you can't "take over" someone's obligation to pay for their mortagage or bills, when you reach out to a group in THAT way you can't financially sustain that kind of effort without building onto someone else's greater definition of "need". However, I have as an indivdual given food or some basic supplies so that I can somehow meet with their greatest, most immediate need. The church itself is just a building, it's the message and the desire for "change" that's inspired in the teachings of the bible, that calls each christian to be more of an "active" observer to the needs that are around them in their daily lives.

Pathetic.

You lose.

I'll tell you what is pathetic. A high number of people who are still in denial about celibacy causing otherwise decent human beings to become rapists. You people have your heads up your asses further than any group I've witnessed during my 77 years.....that includes the Ku Klux Klan.

Yea, when you're losing an argument with logic, resort to hysterical hyperbole. Your SOP. I know.

I'll tell you what is pathetic. You and your obsessive need to force everyone to live in accordance with your own (stupid) views.

Again, I have to ask. How the fuck have you lived for 77 years and learned absolutely nothing?

There's a big difference between stories told to children and stories that we're supposed to believe all our lives. If we believed in Santa and the EB into adulthod, I'd agree. Since that isn't the case, I'm afraid your argument is off point.

Obviously parents do, in that they go on to partake in that role as adults in order to provide some "credentials of belief" towards these stories to their kids.

Forum List

Back