"Its like America elected Trump again"...errrr, Canada lost a hockey game...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So I'm watching the under 20 World Juniors hockey game last night, Team Canada lost to Team USA in a shootout. Was a great game, Canada had a 4-2 lead in the third and couldn't close the deal, so there is noone to blame but themselves. I told my wife, "everyone in Canada is watching this, there might be six people in America who are watching".

Here's where it gets absurd, and it's one of my beefs with Canada; our lack of priorities, smugness and our inferiority complex (along with trustworthy security apparatus, but I digress). They interview people who were at a local bar in Toronto and without a lie the first guy says "it's like America elected Trump again". He is distraught, trying to control his emotions after this loss. Again, this is Junior hockey. Kids playing a game for crying out loud. Instead of "it was a great game, we played hard but came up short" this is the response, go right to the "Canadian dislike for Trump" theme.

The game results are all over Canadian TV, everything from "we were better and deserved to win (this self entitlement very prevalent in Canada, the person being interviewed was probably a government employee who called in "sick" to watch the game)", "no game should end in a shootout (though they play a full OT period and everyone knows the rules, which impact both teams)" to the funniest "I don't even know how America won". What the...?

There's a reason Canada is known for being so cold and snowy, we have all the snowflakes...

Forum List

Back