It's okay if Obama does it

Did Obama have to lie and show a manipulated and misleading video to claim the reason was because the reporter abused and manhandled an intern?

Maybe it depends on how you define reporter? After all bush saw male prostitute Jeff Gannon as a reporter. And he spent dozens of nights overnight in the White House. No one would say in whose bedroom he slept in. But I have suspicions.

Seems Obama kicked a reporter out of a press breifing. Nothing said of him doing it, no free speech denial or nothing. The reporters name was Jennicet Gutierrez, liberals are a bunch of hypocrites.

Jennicet Gutierrez appears to be an activist, not a reporter. The incident occurred at a special Pride address, not a press briefing. No one had press credentials revoked. Gutierrez was not asking a follow-up question, in fact the incident occurred as Obama was starting a speech.

Regardless of what you think about the Acosta incident, this one wasn't equivalent. Even if you think it was wrong for Gutierrez to have been made to leave, the incidents are not equivalent.

A Trans Immigrant Activist Interrupted Obama During a Pride Reception. Was She Justified?

Of course, that doesn't mean some people might not be hypocritical in their reactions to the two events.
Acosta is nothing but an activist, what's your point?
The point is that your thread fails as a false comparison fallacy.

It also fails as a red herring fallacy, attempting to deflect from Trump’s contempt for a free press by propagating the lie that President Obama has the same contempt, which is in fact untrue.

Seems Obama kicked a reporter out of a press breifing. Nothing said of him doing it, no free speech denial or nothing. The reporters name was Jennicet Gutierrez, liberals are a bunch of hypocrites.

Jennicet Gutierrez appears to be an activist, not a reporter. The incident occurred at a special Pride address, not a press briefing. No one had press credentials revoked. Gutierrez was not asking a follow-up question, in fact the incident occurred as Obama was starting a speech.

Regardless of what you think about the Acosta incident, this one wasn't equivalent. Even if you think it was wrong for Gutierrez to have been made to leave, the incidents are not equivalent.

A Trans Immigrant Activist Interrupted Obama During a Pride Reception. Was She Justified?

Of course, that doesn't mean some people might not be hypocritical in their reactions to the two events.

It also fails as a red herring fallacy, attempting to deflect from Trump’s contempt for a free press by propagating the lie that President Obama has the same contempt, which is in fact untrue.
My point is, Obama calls the media out. No problem, but let Trump do it and he is shutting down free speech.

Did Obama have to lie and show a manipulated and misleading video to claim the reason was because the reporter abused and manhandled an intern?

Wow, really!? Did Trump lie to the country and tell us we could keep our insurance, or keep our doctors, or tell us we could save $2400/year?

Obama scolds reporter for asking question at press conference
I can never understand that. I got to keep my doctor. The thing is you had to have an insurance policy did met minimum standards. I know Republicans don’t like minimum standards. Too hard.
For Republicans minimum standards are like a really really high bar.

My point is, Obama calls the media out. No problem, but let Trump do it and he is shutting down free speech.
Obama called reporters nasty and enemies of the people and the liars and he told him again and again to shut up and sit down? Is that what Obama did? Because I don’t member that. Do you have links to that?

are you just blind and deaf? there is absolutely NO COMPARISON between Obama and handling of the Press and our first amendment and the abuse of power trump has assaulted them with daily.... just none!

Your "What aboutism, has failed"

Wow, really!? Did Trump lie to the country and tell us we could keep our insurance, or keep our doctors, or tell us we could save $2400/year?

I can never understand that. I got to keep my doctor. The thing is you had to have an insurance policy did met minimum standards. I know Republicans don’t like minimum standards. Too hard.

Obamacare forces them to drop many of their plans that don't meet the minimum standards, including maternity care, mental health treatment and even pediatric dental care.

Patients outraged after losing doctors under Obamacare

Fewer choices of doctors under ObamaCare, study finds

Obamacare: More than 2 million people getting booted from existing health insurance plans

What’s sad is you don’t even understand how childish and stupid your thread premise is, and why it in fact failed.

You’ve unwittingly acknowledged the fact that Trump was wrong to ban a journalist from WH press conferences and that Trump has contempt for a free press.

You then contrive the ridiculous lie that President Obama ‘did the same’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Because President Obama did not ‘do the same’ as Trump, your claim that liberals are ‘hypocrites’ is likewise exposed as a lie.

And Acosta is in fact a journalist, your subjective, partisan opinion that his is not is irrelevant.

It is the role and responsibility of journalists to hold elected officials accountable – including presidents – to confront them when they lie or are being evasive, and compel them to answer questions the American people have the right to know.

That a journalist exhibits a Republican president to be incompetent, unprepared, and unfit doesn’t render that journalist an ‘activist.’

all the silly tears about the "doctored" or lies" video is simply boring whining as everyone can go watch a video online that was not a gif as that is all that it was a (gif)

Last edited:

It wasn’t a ‘lie.’

One would keep his current insurance and doctor if the current insurance met the ACA’s requirements.

That health insurance not in compliance with the ACA would be canceled was made abundantly clear, and individuals were given ample opportunity to purchase insurance that did comply with the Act.

I likewise kept my doctor.

My employer offered insurance plans that were in compliance with the ACA.

This isn’t difficult to understand.

It is the role and responsibility of journalists to hold elected officials accountable – including presidents – to confront them when they lie or are being evasive
It was great to see how the President spoke truth to this fool yet he was there to lecture the President and that is exactly why President Trump confirmed that he (commander in chief) sees the caravan as an invasion. The President spoke plainly and firmly meanwhile addressing Acosta's concerns.

It wasn’t a ‘lie.’

One would keep his current insurance and doctor if the current insurance met the ACA’s requirements.

That health insurance not in compliance with the ACA would be canceled was made abundantly clear, and individuals were given ample opportunity to purchase insurance that did comply with the Act.

Abundantly clear and ample opportunity makes it clearly a lie.

Regardless of your opinion of Acosta, he seems to be a credentialed journalist, while Gutierrez was and is not, at least based on my reading of the incidents.

What’s sad is you don’t even understand how childish and stupid your thread premise is, and why it in fact failed.

You’ve unwittingly acknowledged the fact that Trump was wrong to ban a journalist from WH press conferences and that Trump has contempt for a free press.

You then contrive the ridiculous lie that President Obama ‘did the same’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Because President Obama did not ‘do the same’ as Trump, your claim that liberals are ‘hypocrites’ is likewise exposed as a lie.

And Acosta is in fact a journalist, your subjective, partisan opinion that his is not is irrelevant.

It is the role and responsibility of journalists to hold elected officials accountable – including presidents – to confront them when they lie or are being evasive, and compel them to answer questions the American people have the right to know.

That a journalist exhibits a Republican president to be incompetent, unprepared, and unfit doesn’t render that journalist an ‘activist.’
Oh bullshit, if Acosta did the exact same to Obama he would've lost his job at Cnn. My gosh a rodeo clown got banned for life from the rodeo for wearing an Obama mask, even though he wore other presidents mask. You will complain about Trump anyway you can

Oh bullshit, if Acosta did the exact same to Obama he would've lost his job at Cnn. My gosh a rodeo clown got banned for life from the rodeo for wearing an Obama mask, even though he wore other presidents mask. You will complain about Trump anyway you can
Your thread premise fails as a false comparison fallacy.

You thought you had some sort of ‘gotcha’ but instead you made a fool out of yourself – again.

Like most conservatives you’re ignorant, arrogant, childish, and are incapable of critical thinking.

It’s not ‘OK’ if anyone ‘does it’ – and President Obama did no such thing.

Yeah really.

When I think of all the times Obama called them enemies of the people and told them they were stupid and liars and told them to shut up and sit down. Oh wait Obama never did those things.

Never mind.

Forum List

Back