🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Izzy

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
It seems like the weather channel spends most of their budget placing weather reporters here and there to stand in the snow and tell us it's snowing. Since they started naming winter storms I guess we can talk about Izzy. For some reason the weather channel couldn't seem to get a handle on this one. I saw predictions that the storm would run up the coast and other predictions that it would run up the Appalachians. They predicted about a foot in my area and we ended up with about 5 inches.

Damn, I thought this was going to be a post about Mosin-Nagant rifles.

Izhevsk would have been the proper spelling. ;)

LOL. I thought of this when I read "Izzy"...

1642441785515.png

If you tuned into the weather channel in the last couple of days you would have thought Izzy was the only news story around. If you post from some cyber cafe in Yugoslavia you might not pay attention. I guess it's a good sign that people might not pay much attention to winter storms named by the weather channel these days unless you are in the path.

If you tuned into the weather channel in the last couple of days you would have thought Izzy was the only news story around. If you post from some cyber cafe in Yugoslavia you might not pay attention. I guess it's a good sign that people might not pay much attention to winter storms named by the weather channel these days unless you are in the path.

Shows you how little I pay attention to the weather in other places. I wasn't even aware there was a storm named Izzy.

Shows you how little I pay attention to the weather in other places. I wasn't even aware there was a storm named Izzy.
All I know is I spent 3.5 hours this morning removing all that winter "climate change" out of my driveways.

Blah, I had to walk around and break-up a half inch of freezing rain/sleet with a old steel coal scoop before I could even get to the 6" of snow under it with the snow blower.

I was out there at around 0800 having at it and the neighbors must had seen me breaking it up because before long they were all thrashing on the sleet/ice crust with shovels. It was sorta funny. ;)

All I know is I spent 3.5 hours this morning removing all that winter "climate change" out of my driveways.

Blah, I had to walk around and break-up a half inch of freezing rain/sleet with a old steel coal scoop before I could even get to the 6" of snow under it with the snow blower.

I was out there at around 0800 having at it and the neighbors must had seen me breaking it up because before long they were all thrashing on the sleet/ice crust with shovels. It was sorta funny. ;)

I hate snow. I went out a half hour ago to shoot at an AR500 target I have 80 yards up the hill with my AK. The first shot knocked the left corner chain loose, and the second shot knocked the right corner chain loose, so it fell in the snow.

The third shot knocked it over so it was buried in the snow.

Fuckit. I'll walk up there and fix it when Spring comes. :auiqs.jpg:

I hate snow. I went out a half hour ago to shoot at an AR500 target I have 80 yards up the hill with my AK. The first shot knocked the left corner chain loose, and the second shot knocked the right corner chain loose, so it fell in the snow.

The third shot knocked it over so it was buried in the snow.

Fuckit. I'll walk up there and fix it when Spring comes. :auiqs.jpg:
Blah, my hunting/fishing/range property is six miles form my house, I'll be lucky to get back down there for a month or better.

Izzy was a common winter storm but when it's named it adds drama to the mix and magnified by the W.C. into a freaking event that didn't happen. Maybe somebody should calculate the cost of placing weather reporters in four inches of snow to tell us it's snowing as opposed to upgrading the the satellite data and technology (what's a European model anyway?) that would give a more accurate forecast. Global warming propagandists have predicted dire weather events for two decades but you can't get an accurate prediction of a event within a day.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back