Jacksonville: Yet another city desparately asking "WHY is violent crime soaring?"

Gun Violence and Murders Spike in 2016, But Whose to Blame?

Another tragic ending of the life of a small infant....killed in a drive by shooting. So many of them. We never hear their names. The COP who ends up shooting one of the gang members who did the drive by?? Oh we plaster his name and photo across the nation.

Jacksonville...like every city it seems...is seeing a surge in violence and they don't know why. I know why. Many of us do. But they don't know. Or don't want to know.

Very sad. But predictable. We told you so.

Jacksonville.....florida?

But I thought Florida had concealed carry laws that were supposed to prevent this sort of thing.

They do. And people there have the right to carry a gun to protect themselves from the thugs

Another tragic ending of the life of a small infant....killed in a drive by shooting. So many of them. We never hear their names. The COP who ends up shooting one of the gang members who did the drive by?? Oh we plaster his name and photo across the nation.

Jacksonville...like every city it seems...is seeing a surge in violence and they don't know why. I know why. Many of us do. But they don't know. Or don't want to know.

But I thought Florida had concealed carry laws that were supposed to prevent this sort of thing.

They do. And people there have the right to carry a gun to protect themselves from the thugs

And yet per you, violent crime is soaring in Jacksonville.

When there are more concealed carry permits, crime is supposed to go down. That's what we've all been told.

Was it all bullshit?

And yet per you, violent crime is soaring in Jacksonville.

When there are more concealed carry permits, crime is supposed to go down. That's what we've all been told.

Was it all bullshit?

Not sure. If you read my post history....I have never jumped full on board with the stats about CWP lowering crime. I think the jury is still out on that.

Because most murders happen in a very limited area of most cities...the high crime poverty areas.

And the majority of those murders are between gang members and drug dealers. And THOSE people are probably not eligible for a CWP anyway due to rap sheets.

So....does John Smith 30 miles out in a suburb getting his CWP cause Ricky and Gerald in the urban projects to NOT shoot each other over a gang beef? No. It doesnt.

But it gives him self defense should they ever venture to the burbs looking for homes to break into for quick cash.

Forum List

Back