Zone1 Jarrod Powell sentenced to 22 years for brutal attack on a 61 year old Asian man.

Is that why more whites are beating up Asians than blacks?
Statistically, a Black is more likely to best up Asians than whites. That’s why when I was standing on the street in a bad section of a Democrat-controlled city late at night (I got lost….long story), I was EXTRA scared when I saw a group of black youths approaching me.

Turned out my fear proved justified.

Statistically, a Black is more likely to best up Asians than whites. That’s why when I was standing on the street in a bad section of a Democrat-controlled city late at night (I got lost….long story), I was EXTRA scared when I saw a group of black youths approaching me.

Turned out my fear proved justified.

Tell us what happened

Tell us what happened
They began an assault toward me, but I was rescued at the very start. I don’t know where it would have ended. Hospital, or worse.

The only other assault, also by blacks, was when I was a child with my mother.

I have never been assaulted by whites, even though there are more of them.

They began an assault toward me, but I was rescued at the very start. I don’t know where it would have ended. Hospital, or worse.

The only other assault, also by blacks, was when I was a child with my mother.

I have never been assaulted by whites, even though there are more of them.

Aren't you the one who freaked out because they had pictures of black people at the mall?
I doubt those black guys were doing anything...

But the childhood incident might be interesting to explore as the source of your racism.

Was there any motive ascribed? How does anyone make any sense out of this, and does the race of the perpetrator really matter that much? Apparently, it matters to the media, because I do believe if the victim was black and the attacker was white it would have been splashed all over the news for quite some time. AND - would they done a plea deal in that case? I dare to think not. What does that say about our politics, journalism, and our system of justice? At least they found the guy guilty, so that is something. But will he serve all those 22 years? I doubt it.

Was there any motive ascribed? How does anyone make any sense out of this, and does the race of the perpetrator really matter that much? Apparently, it matters to the media, because I do believe if the victim was black and the attacker was white it would have been splashed all over the news for quite some time. AND - would they done a plea deal in that case? I dare to think not. What does that say about our politics, journalism, and our system of justice? At least they found the guy guilty, so that is something. But will he serve all those 22 years? I doubt it.

I would ask if the man was mentally ill, but found guilty anyway, but I'm sure that's another question no one bothered to ask.
Did he have a long history of homelessness? The media doesn't say.

What it does say is that the victim you are all crying over, Yao Pan Ma, was an unemployed immigrant who had lost his job in the 2020 pandemic, and was reduced to collecting cans and bottles in the subway for recycling, because he was ineligible for unemployment benefits. So two poor people of color get into a fight, and suddenly, you are all "concerned".

Last edited:
Most of the crimes against Asians have been by whites.
Except for the fact that the opposite is true and everyone knows it. Why do you lie about your communities violence all the time? Maybe if you guys spent less time denying your wrongdoings and instead worked on being better people, you all wouldnt have so many problems. :dunno:

Except for the fact that the opposite is true and everyone knows it. Why do you lie about your communities violence all the time? Maybe if you guys spent less time denying your wrongdoings and instead worked on being better people, you all wouldnt have so many problems.

Sorry, most violence against Asian-Americans are committed by white people.

Janelle Wong, a professor of American Studies at the University of Maryland, College Park, released analysis last week, based on official crime statistics and other studies, showing more than three-quarters of offenders of anti-Asian hate crimes and incidents, previous to and during the pandemic, have been white.

Wong told NBC Asian America that “the way that the media is covering and the way that people are understanding anti-Asian hate at this moment, in some ways, draws attention to these long-standing anti-Asian biases in U.S. society,” Wong said. “But the racist kind of tropes that come along with it — especially that it’s predominantly Black people attacking Asian Americans who are elderly — there’s not really an empirical basis in that.”

“This is really how crime is framed in the United States — it’s framed as the source is Black,” Wong said.

Sorry, most violence against Asian-Americans are committed by white people.

Janelle Wong, a professor of American Studies at the University of Maryland, College Park, released analysis last week, based on official crime statistics and other studies, showing more than three-quarters of offenders of anti-Asian hate crimes and incidents, previous to and during the pandemic, have been white.

Wong told NBC Asian America that “the way that the media is covering and the way that people are understanding anti-Asian hate at this moment, in some ways, draws attention to these long-standing anti-Asian biases in U.S. society,” Wong said. “But the racist kind of tropes that come along with it — especially that it’s predominantly Black people attacking Asian Americans who are elderly — there’s not really an empirical basis in that.”

“This is really how crime is framed in the United States — it’s framed as the source is Black,” Wong said.
Get this trash article out of my face. We know who is attacking asians and it isnt white people.

Deepest sympathies to the family and friends of the victim.

Kudos to those kind people who have contributed to his funeral fund.

Forum List

Back