Jeffrey Nugent Says Brother Ted Nugent Is Wrong On Background Check Expansion

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Outspoken rocker Ted Nugent is now catching heat from his own brother on his uncompromising stance on gun rights.

In a Washington Post op-ed published Friday, Jeffrey Nugent, Ted's older brother, wrote that while he agrees with his younger brother's fervent defense of the right to bear arms, he splits with the "Cat Scratch Fever" singer on expanding background checks.

"I agree with Ted that our constitutional right to bear arms should not be undermined," writes Nugent, the former chief executive and president of Revlon. "I want all those who are qualified to purchase a gun to be able to do so. But — and here is where I part ways with my brother — not everyone is qualified to own a gun, so expanded background checks should be a legislative priority."

He continues, "The NRA has it wrong: Irresponsible gun owners are bad for everyone. If you shouldn’t have access to a gun, then there should be no way for you to access a gun! Can anyone argue with that?"

More: Jeffrey Nugent Says Brother Ted Nugent Is Wrong On Background Check Expansion - By Mollie Reilly

I'm happy to hear there's some sanity in the Nugent family. Jeffrey Nugent makes good sense.

"I agree with Ted that our constitutional right to bear arms should not be undermined," writes Nugent, the former chief executive and president of Revlon. "I want all those who are qualified to purchase a gun to be able to do so. But — and here is where I part ways with my brother — not everyone is qualified to own a gun, so expanded background checks should be a legislative priority."

Amen!

He continues, "The NRA has it wrong: Irresponsible gun owners are bad for everyone. If you shouldn’t have access to a gun, then there should be no way for you to access a gun! Can anyone argue with that?"

Amen!

Who cares what Jeff Nugent's opinion on anything is?

Who cares what Ted Nugent's opinion on anything is?

Who cares what Jeff Nugent's opinion on anything is?

Who cares what Ted Nugent's opinion on anything is?

Nugent's got about the same validity as Charlton Heston on the matter, maybe more, because Ted appeals to the Pedophiles of the nation, who I am sure want their gun rights too.

To my knowledge, Heston was no pedophile.

I still fail to understand the fixation on Ted Nugent.

He's a washed up burned out rock star from the 70s. The very definition of irrelevant.

man, the troll is a working overtime

what a waste for this board and a bore

This fuckin idiot spams this site with every new "story" that pops up on the huffy puffy, sad really and it's no wonder a number of posters have disappeared when you have to search for topics not resulting from the spam of 2-3 posters.

He's a washed up burned out rock star from the 70s. The very definition of irrelevant.

Not to mention that most brothers disagree on some issues, yet these brothers disagreeing makes the pages of the huffy puffy.

I saw Ted playing last year and he can still play with energy that would leave most youngsters gasping for air.

Outspoken rocker Ted Nugent is now catching heat from his own brother on his uncompromising stance on gun rights.

In a Washington Post op-ed published Friday, Jeffrey Nugent, Ted's older brother, wrote that while he agrees with his younger brother's fervent defense of the right to bear arms, he splits with the "Cat Scratch Fever" singer on expanding background checks.

More: Jeffrey Nugent Says Brother Ted Nugent Is Wrong On Background Check Expansion - By Mollie Reilly

I'm happy to hear there's some sanity in the Nugent family. Jeffrey Nugent makes good sense.

In recent years, the Justice Department has published annual reports on how many times this system has flagged an ineligible purchaser and whether they were prosecuted. Looking back at these individual reports makes it possible to chart the number of prosecutions over time. Here’s a summary:

2005: 135 prosecutions

2006: 112 prosecutions

2007: 122 prosecutions

2008: 105 prosecutions

2009: 77 prosecutions

2010: 44 prosecutions
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...essions-says-gun-prosecutions-have-declined-/
David Burnham, co-director of TRAC, states their analysis says that according to case-by-case U.S. Justice Department information obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, there were 52 federal gun prosecutions in Illinois North (Chicago) in 2012, or 5.52 per million in population.

By this measure, compared with the 90 federal judicial districts in the U.S., the prosecution rate in Chicago was the lowest in the country.

Considering that there were 522 people murdered in Chicago in 2012, one would think that the documented lack of enforcement of existing gun laws by a president seeking more of them would be a national scandal.

The Syracuse study also showed that nationally federal gun crime prosecutions hit a decade low in 2011 under President Obama, down 40% from their peak under President George W. Bush in 2004.

The number of federal weapons prosecutions fell from about 11,000 in 2004 to about 6,000 under the Obama administration in 2011, before ticking up to 7,770 in 2012.
Obama Pushes for Gun Control, Refuses to Prosecute Gang Gun Crime in Chicago | FrontPage Magazine

The funny thing about Nugent is he is probably the flakiest gun ownership/hunting advocates out there, and he has not shot a single person, ever. Accotrding to gun grabber logic, Nugent should have shot up a shopping mall years ago.

Forum List

Back