🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jennie Willoughby: 'President Trump Will Not Diminish My Truth'

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘On Friday, a friend and I watched as the President of the United States sat in the Oval Office and praised the work of my ex-husband, Rob Porter, and wished him future success. I can’t say I was surprised. But when Donald Trump repeated twice that Rob declared his innocence, I was floored. What was his intent in emphasizing that point? My friend turned to me and said, “The President of the United States just called you a liar.”

Yes. And so he did.
[…]
The words “mere allegation” and “falsely accused” meant to imply that I am a liar. That Colbie Holderness is a liar. That the work Rob was doing in the White House was of higher value than our mental, emotional or physical well being. That his professional contributions are worth more than the truth. That abuse is something to be questioned and doubted.’

Jennie Willoughby: President Trump Will Not Diminish My Truth

Trump’s contempt for the truth is nothing new, of course.

Well probably it is so. The work Porter was doing was worth more than the feelings of these two women. In a proper world, feelings wouldn't count for much. Her emotional well being is her business.

I happen to think that Porter is an abuser, a classic abuser, that is not carte blanche to lie about him. She should volunteer at shelters for abused women and emphasize filing the complaint at the time the abuse happened and NEVER forgive or forget and follow the man for the rest of his life making sure everyone knows he's an abuser.

Well probably it is so. The work Porter was doing was worth more than the feelings of these two women. In a proper world, feelings wouldn't count for much. Her emotional well being is her business.

I happen to think that Porter is an abuser, a classic abuser, that is not carte blanche to lie about him. She should volunteer at shelters for abused women and emphasize filing the complaint at the time the abuse happened and NEVER forgive or forget and follow the man for the rest of his life making sure everyone knows he's an abuser.

Women are weak. Men fight each other all the time and some men treat women in the same way. It is pretty hard to deal with the screaming and the threats of "violence" from women without going over the edge sometimes.

They're either "equal" and will have to learn to deal with it or are special. If they're special then they will need to stop acting like they're equal.

Once they stop saying they're equal then we can start teaching our sons to be men again and protect their women. It is impossible to do when women are pushing this idea that that they're as tough as men and don't need a man.

Acting like a man invites this kind of violence!

What a crock! The Presidents words as quoted were precise and correct. He called no one a liar. People are either horrible listeners/readers or determined to deliberately make something from nothing. I suspect the latter.

Trump didn't throw a tantrum about how awful Porter is.

How DARE he believe in due process.

Wow, nothing escapes the wrath of the newly consecrated democrat puritan party. The president praises the work of an appointee and wishes him future success but it isn't enough for democrat puritans who demand ....a public hanging?

‘On Friday, a friend and I watched as the President of the United States sat in the Oval Office and praised the work of my ex-husband, Rob Porter, and wished him future success. I can’t say I was surprised. But when Donald Trump repeated twice that Rob declared his innocence, I was floored. What was his intent in emphasizing that point? My friend turned to me and said, “The President of the United States just called you a liar.”

Yes. And so he did.
[…]
The words “mere allegation” and “falsely accused” meant to imply that I am a liar. That Colbie Holderness is a liar. That the work Rob was doing in the White House was of higher value than our mental, emotional or physical well being. That his professional contributions are worth more than the truth. That abuse is something to be questioned and doubted.’

:CryingCow:

Once they stop saying they're equal then we can start teaching our sons to be men again and protect their women. It is impossible to do when women are pushing this idea that that they're as tough as men and don't need a man.

Acting like a man invites this kind of violence!
come on matt....i bet any woman you have been with dominates the shit out of you....

Yes. And so he did.
[…]

My only quibble is with the term "My Truth"

There is only "The Truth".

When one brings ones own viewpoint into a factual argument, one is basically acknowledging that the situation is up for interpretation.

When one brings ones own viewpoint into a factual argument, one is basically acknowledging that the situation is up for interpretation.
She didn't like "Trumps truth"?

She didn't like "Trumps truth"?

I object to the terms of the statement, not commenting on the underlying argument.

Trump doesn't have a Truth either. The Truth stands alone.

Forum List

Back