Lost my dog last night...

Rambunctious

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2010
A few years ago my best friend died suddenly... we were neighbors in San Diego and he followed me here and bought a house two doors down from me... He and his dog Dotty were over here daily...
I took his dog in to live with me... my Shepard and my blind cat... Dotty has been slowing down lately and could only walk to her old home and back again...
I didn't think she was as bad as she was and neither did our Vet... but last night my Shepard Max woke me up and was making a fuss so I got up and found Dotty...
I didn't think it would hit me so hard but it sure has... memories of my friend and Dotty walking up my driveway with a cooler full of beer so we could watch another sunset from my porch... I miss my friend and now Dotty is gone too...
I don't know why I'm telling you all this but for the fact that I may be a little off for a while...

lost_pet_9178-500x500.jpeg

A few years ago my best friend died suddenly... we were neighbors in San Diego and he followed me here and bought a house two doors down from me... He and his dog Dotty were over here daily...
I took his dog in to live with me... my Shepard and my blind cat... Dotty has been slowing down lately and could only walk to her old home and back again...
I didn't think she was as bad as she was and neither did our Vet... but last night my Shepard Max woke me up and was making a fuss so I got up and found Dotty...
I didn't think it would hit me so hard but it sure has... memories of my friend and Dotty walking up my driveway with a cooler full of beer so we could watch another sunset from my porch... I miss my friend and now Dotty is gone too...
I don't know why I'm telling you all this but for the fact that I may be a little off for a while...

View attachment 933377

Sorry man. Beautiful dog! Losing Pets SUCKS. I think I have lost a total of 5 dogs and 6 cats over my life. It does not get easier. Most recent was a 17 year old cat...I had tears when I was digging the grave.

Last edited:

View attachment 933377
Sorry for your loss.

View attachment 933377
It happens to all of us. I'm nearing the end myself.

View attachment 933377
~~~~~~
Losing a pup is like losing family. My heart goes out to you, but I know you'll be back to comment soon.

I know the feeling. Last month I went to the Doctor's for a stess test and ended up in the hospital for 5 days and two stents.
I'm scheduled for a pace-maker implant next month.
Don't worry too much about the pacemaker, it's a routine operation. I've got a pacemaker, two prosthetic knees, fluid in one lung and my heart, sleep apnea, and a dodgy back. When I married my wife I promised her I'd stay with her until I'm 80-years-old. I've only got 3 left. Take care, man. There are lots of people who have it much, much worse than we do. :D

View attachment 933377
Sorry to hear.

View attachment 933377
We had a dog who would get out and only way to get her back was to drive around in the car. When she saw it she would come get in it, if we went on foot she would hide.

Forum List

Back