POLL: Do you WANT to heal our divisions?

Do you WANT to see our divisions healed?

• Total voters
Yep, I think the number of people who don't want to heal our divisions is far bigger than we know.

I don’t see you making any moves to make peace with Trump supporters. All you do is bash Trump, the man, not his policies, ad nauseam. I guess you voted #2 in your poll.

I don’t see you making any moves to make peace with Trump supporters. All you do is bash Trump, the man, not his policies, ad nauseam. I guess you voted #2 in your poll.
As I have said, I don't think the MAGA crowd will be part of any healing process. It will have to be marginalized from the conversation just like the hardcore Left.

If you don't like that, too bad. I don't think you care.

As I have said, I don't think the MAGA crowd will be part of any healing process. It will have to be marginalized from the conversation just like the hardcore Left.

So the hard core right and left are your enemies? :dunno: :laugh:

The MAGA crowd is the majority of the right-wing. The hard-left runs the left-wing. We can’t marginalize the majority of the country. There aren’t enough in the middle to do so.

Maybe some of divisions aren't big deals and some are and maybe division/disagreement is inherent. When you say things like heal the divide I honestly have no idea what that means. Were humans ever one harmonious group without disagreement until some tragic event separated us? Or were we always a collection of people cooperating and competing at various times according to our various personal motivations? It's not really healing is it if it was never actually the way things were. It's just more fantasy which you people seem to love around here.
I’ll chime in if you don’t mind.

What you have seen in the last debt ceiling and funding bills is sort of what MAC is talking about is it not? Actual republicans and Actual democrats funding the government and defending national priorities. The Chip Roy’s and Bernie Sanders type of folks (the squad for example) are voices in the wilderness. They have little real power but they have a big megaphone.

If either of these self-marginalized groups costs their standard bearer nominees the election...so be it. My point is that we’re seeing a return to some normalcy already. If the Actual Republicans were smart, they’d put MTG in as speaker and let her flame out. Sooner or later you have to govern. She has zero idea what that means and less idea how to actually do it. That would tame the beast. Then they could offer up a sane nominee who will prosecute a right/center agenda with a left/center POTUS, we get some decent governance and some folks who at least can agree on why they are there in the first place.

I’ll chime in if you don’t mind.
Oh I don't mind. I know Mac1958 won't. For all his bluster all he wants to do is lecture other people about their views. Analysis of his own is where he draws a line.
What you have seen in the last debt ceiling and funding bills is sort of what MAC is talking about is it not? Actual republicans and Actual democrats funding the government and defending national priorities. The Chip Roy’s and Bernie Sanders type of folks (the squad for example) are voices in the wilderness. They have little real power but they have a big megaphone.
Yeah, I get that there are many of you enamored with the status quo and wish they'd just keep operating the system as is but those candidates have constituents that would like them to flex their power in order to effectuate change.
If either of these self-marginalized groups costs their standard bearer nominees the election...so be it. My point is that we’re seeing a return to some normalcy already.
I don't know what this means. I think Bernie Sanders would of beaten Trump the first time.
If the Actual Republicans were smart, they’d put MTG in as speaker and let her flame out. Sooner or later you have to govern. She has zero idea what that means and less idea how to actually do it. That would tame the beast. Then they could offer up a sane nominee who will prosecute a right/center agenda with a left/center POTUS, we get some decent governance and some folks who at least can agree on why they are there in the first place.
That's not what I want. I don't want more establishment politics.

Healing the nation is an emotional crutch from people who want to fantasize that moderate is a synonym for rational.

I voted "yes" seeing the main point being putting country over party and working together. It doesn't mean seeing eye-to-eye, nor always compromising. The act of ending the division amounts to acting civil, knocking off the personal attack crap, juvenile name calling and finding joy/making up bad news if it affects your opponent.

I voted "yes" seeing the main point being putting country over party and working together. It doesn't mean seeing eye-to-eye, nor always compromising. The act of ending the division amounts to acting civil, knocking off the personal attack crap, juvenile name calling and finding joy/making up bad news if it affects your opponent.
You do realize calling people juvenile is calling them names yes? You certainly don't mean that literally do you?

One thing that is constantly overlooked by both ends of the political spectrum is that it doesn't have to be about meeting in the middle or compromising. It doesn't mean that one side has to "win" and other has to "lose".

The best result in open, honest communication/collaboration is the creation of something NEW, in which everyone has input, and in which everyone has skin in the game and wants it to succeed. Kinda like our Constitution.

This is happening in business ALL THE TIME. There is no reason it can't also happen with political issues, outside of the fact that American politics have become so tribal, shallow, binary and ego-driven.

One thing that is constantly overlooked by both ends of the political spectrum is that it doesn't have to be about meeting in the middle or compromising. It doesn't mean that one side has to "win" and other has to "lose".

The best result in open, honest communication/collaboration is the creation of something NEW, in which everyone has input, and in which everyone has skin in the game and wants it to succeed. Kinda like our Constitution.

This is happening in business ALL THE TIME. There is no reason it can't also happen with political issues, outside of the fact that American politics have become so tribal, shallow, binary and ego-driven.
But you don't want to have conversations with people with genuine disagreements with.

But you don't want to have conversations with people with genuine disagreements with.
I surely do when I think it will be an interesting conversation. Otherwise I'm happy just observing and belching out my two cents.

Given your prior posts to me, I don't look at you as a source of interesting conversation.

If you don't like that, you can choose to not read my posts, put me on ignore, or just get over it.

I surely do when I think it will be an interesting conversation. Otherwise I'm happy just observing and belching out my two cents.

Given your prior posts to me, I don't look at you as a source of interesting conversation.

If you don't like that, you can choose to not read my posts, put me on ignore, or just get over it.
See you do choose to respond to me just not anything substantive that has to do with your posts which is fine but then don't pretend as if you want conversations.

I'm more than happy to stand here any point out your fantasy and make believe Mac1958. It's your choice to hide from me. Go have more of those substantive conversations with people who think Democrats are the evil. :laugh: You can look reasonable by comparison.

Forum List

Back