POLL: Do you WANT to heal our divisions?

Do you WANT to see our divisions healed?

• Total voters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Some people say our divisions are not that big a deal, that we've seen them before. Personally I don't think that's true. One thing that concerns me the most is the amount of people who don't seem to WANT our divisions healed. It seems they'd rather have some kind of final, winner-take-all war, thinking the other side can somehow be eliminated.

Do you want to see our divisions healed? It would certainly require communication with people who disagree with you, and you would have to bend somewhat, regardless of where you stand politically.

Some people say our divisions are not that big a deal, that we've seen them before. Personally I don't think that's true. One thing that concerns me the most is the amount of people who don't seem to WANT our divisions healed. It seems they'd rather have some kind of final, winner-take-all war, thinking the other side can somehow be eliminated.

Do you want to see our divisions healed? It would certainly require communication with people who disagree with you, and you would have to bend somewhat, regardless of where you stand politically.

Wouldn't be very entertaining if everyone got along, would it?

The only way to "heal" our differences is for the Democratic party of slavery to be dissolved and prosecuted as a criminal organization. You can't compromise with that group of abject evil pieces of shit.

If it comes to another civil war, we will whoop your asses again.

I used to be quite competent at communicating with people who disagreed with me. It's how we rolled way back in the day; sometimes it even happened here.

But then came the New Century and the Woke Brigade and they called me every name and then some under the sun when I disagreed.

NOW they are panicked, and you with them.

NOW they want to reconcile?

No. Too late. Can't make a nation with these people; can't share one. I'm uninterested.

Last edited:

I didn't vote in your poll.

You mention extremes only. "The Other Side"? Who is that? MAGA? The GOP? White Nationalists?

I'll just pick MAGA. Its pointless to talk about "healing the divide" when their "injury" is completely fabricated. The 2020 election was not stolen. Trump is not being politically prosecuted. Joe Biden is not a child molester. If I was going to draw a line between the GOP and MAGA, that is where I would draw it. If the "other side" is MAGA...you can't reach middle ground with someone who doesn't acknowledge reality.

For the GOP writ large, the prospects don't look a lot better but there is at least some footprint in reality.

More over--and this is part of it I guess--we need to acknowledge some harsh truths as a nation. The disagreements we have between factions are minor in comparison. Our constitution is not built for 2024. It wasn't built for 2004. It began to fray at the edges in 1964 and a bit later when we jacked up the numbers in 'nam without as much as a wimper from Congress who is supposed to be the ones to declare war. The Constitution is now a road map to direct folks to the loopholes. Still, it is the one set of rules that is at least acknowledged by both sides. Thusly, it is the only thing that can be relied on to change things. Any sober assessment would render one verdict or one verdict only...it's time to give the document a voice where it is silent. Set the high court at 9 justices. Force the Senate to give nominees a vote--up or down. Several other common sense things like this.

the media is pushing the divide.

don't fall for it; it's extremely stupid.

Yep, I think the number of people who don't want to heal our divisions is far bigger than we know.

Is that going to be your new Puritan Shaming Tactic Mac, after coming on here bitching and moaning about Orange Man Bad And It's a Cult for the last however many years, you're gonna cry about how divided we are?

In other news: the Boy Who Cried Wolf wonders why his friends all think he's a liar and never come around anymore....

Is that going to be your new Puritan Shaming Tactic Mac, after coming on here bitching and moaning about Orange Man Bad And It's a Cult for the last however many years, you're gonna cry about how divided we are?
Well said

But with mac1958 it’s in one ear and out the other

i'm over the "kumbaya" phase.

these people are cult members and must be deprogrammed or otherwise neutralized.
I guess what concerns me most, in this binary environment, is that either (a) they'll succeed and we'll end up with a true authoritarian state, or (b) they'll fuck this up so badly that the resulting pushback will send us careening to the Left. I don't want that either.

That was one of the first comments I made back in 2016 after the election, and it holds true today.

You cannot “heal divisions” with Satanic, Reptilian Pedophiles who want to enslave and control every aspect of your life

I didn't vote in your poll.

You mention extremes only. "The Other Side"? Who is that? MAGA? The GOP? White Nationalists?

I'll just pick MAGA. Its pointless to talk about "healing the divide" when their "injury" is completely fabricated. The 2020 election was not stolen. Trump is not being politically prosecuted. Joe Biden is not a child molester. If I was going to draw a line between the GOP and MAGA, that is where I would draw it. If the "other side" is MAGA...you can't reach middle ground with someone who doesn't acknowledge reality.

For the GOP writ large, the prospects don't look a lot better but there is at least some footprint in reality.

More over--and this is part of it I guess--we need to acknowledge some harsh truths as a nation. The disagreements we have between factions are minor in comparison. Our constitution is not built for 2024. It wasn't built for 2004. It began to fray at the edges in 1964 and a bit later when we jacked up the numbers in 'nam without as much as a wimper from Congress who is supposed to be the ones to declare war. The Constitution is now a road map to direct folks to the loopholes. Still, it is the one set of rules that is at least acknowledged by both sides. Thusly, it is the only thing that can be relied on to change things. Any sober assessment would render one verdict or one verdict only...it's time to give the document a voice where it is silent. Set the high court at 9 justices. Force the Senate to give nominees a vote--up or down. Several other common sense things like this.

I do not want to "heal divisions" with people like Corny, who put my name on a tomb and said someone did the world a favor because I disagreed with her.

Mac.....

These are the people I'm supposed to share a nation with? Ha

Seems these people are now panicked that we mean it. Oh. We mean it.

I guess what concerns me most, in this binary environment, is that either (a) they'll succeed and we'll end up with a true authoritarian state, or (b) they'll fuck this up so badly that the resulting pushback will send us careening to the Left. I don't want that either.

That was one of the first comments I made back in 2016 after the election, and it holds true today.

Blind, deaf and dumb

Forum List

Back