Jesus v Buddha

From what I know, Buddha was a philosopher and not really a RELIGIOUS leader. ...

Today many Buddhists believe women have to be reborn as man to become enlightened. About 2500 years ago the historical Buddha said very clear that women are able to be enlightened. Do you see the philosophical problem?

Truth: Polls indicate that the majority of American's declare they are Christian. Sad to say that other polls prove the vast majority of those who claim to be Christian have no respect for the actual doctrine of Christ as found in the Holy Bible or the Christian "law Giver"......Christ Jesus.

A few years back there was a poll taken that sampled 35000 American's who claimed to be Christian (Pew forum on Religion and Public life.) -- 2008 70% of that 35000 stated that there are "many" religions that can lead to salvation, Christianity is not exclusive.

79% of the Catholics that were sampled answered in the affirmative.......Christianity is not exclusive to salvation. 83% of the mainline protestants answered the same..........and 57% of the so called "Evangelicas" also answered the same.

The president of the Interfaith Alliance declared this to be a good thing meaning, "It indicates a level of humility about religion that would be a great benefit to everyone......"

Truth: Those who claim to be Christian yet declare that Christianity is not the only path to eternal salvation and fellowship with the living God are....at best, "Conceited, Cowards, or Conmen"........or all 3. For clearly they are "uniformed" concerning the actual theachings of Christ Jesus as presented in the Holy Bible. The night before He was sacrificed on the cross He stated this, "I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father (God) except through Me." -- John 14:6

Later the Apostle Peter declared the same thing.........Salvation is only through Christ Jesus (Acts 4:12). If anyone actually wants to know about the way to eternal fellowship (Life) with God, he/she will only learn that truth through the teachings of Jesus Christ, who will, ".........judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His Kingdom." -- John 12:48......its the words of Christ that will judge everyone on the final day.

How can any "rational and logical person" make such a claim while stating that He/She is a Christian? How can they conclude there other or many pathways to salvation and eternal life?

The New Testament revelations from God through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit teach that the way to salvation is not through, "Confucius, Budda, Mohammad, Gandhi, or Krishna".

We are instructed to "enter by the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction......." -- Matthew 7:13-14
I could have written this myself. The reason a lot of Catholics think that salvation can come through other religions is because of Vatican II which specifically taught that HERESY--- in contradiction to 2000 years of Catholic history.. :eek-52:No wonder a lot of us despise Vatican II..

But we pray for all those who do not realize that Jesus is God and HE indeed is the ONE Way/Truth/Life and that no one comes to the Father except through Him.. Just being human, I have at times thought to go to the Father on my own without invoking the name of Jesus... But when I did go to the Father through Jesus.. I FELT I was heard... really felt it..

I was gonna say Jesus in 10 rounds.

But, upon more serious reflection, I realized that I was wrong. It would be a terrible bout. I suspect neither boxer would throw a punch.
Jesus would

LOL

well, He would throw His Word and that would be the end of it

Forum List

Back