🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jews Condemn New York City’s Latest Incidents of Racist Violence & Religious Bigotry

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Jews Condemn New York City’s Latest Incidents of Racist Violence & Religious Bigotry
September 26, 2013 Members of the Jews Against Islamophobia Coalition were angered and saddened to learn of the vicious bias-related attacks on Saturday, September 21, in New York City, and join with all those who are fighting to ensure that we live in a city that is safe for all residents. Dr. Prabhjot Singh, a professor at Columbia University, and a companion, a fellow Sikh, were assaulted in upper Manhattan by about a dozen individuals who called them “Osama” and “terrorist” and broke Dr. Singh’s jaw. As part of his Sikh faith, Dr. Singh was wearing a turban. According to a new report, Turban Myths, put out by SALDEF (Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund) and Stanford University, 48% of Americans mis-identify urban wearers as Muslim, and over 20% of Sikh schoolchildren suffer violence as a “price for maintaining their Sikh identity.” As Dr. Singh commented two days after the attack, “Our turban and beard are a trigger for fear in the minds of many Americans” (NY Times, September 23, 2013). Additionally, an individual assaulted a New Jersey woman wearing a hijab and called her a “f**king terrorist,” as she attended a pro-democracy rally in Times Square.

Even as we deplore these vicious attacks on individuals, we view them not as isolated incidents but as part of a systemic assault on the rights and liberties of Muslim, South Asian, and other targeted communities in NYC. While the police are investigating the attack on the two Sikh men as a possible hate crime and have arrested the alleged perpetrator of the assault on the Muslim woman at the rally, the NYPD and public officials, along with right-wing media and a network of anti-Muslim ideologues, must share responsibility for fostering an anti-Muslim atmosphere that encourages people to view both Muslims and those mistaken for Muslims as terrorists. ...

...Attacks on individuals because they are “walking while Sikh” or “standing on the street while Muslim” are simply unacceptable in our city.

:clap2: People often overlook the fact that Jews were and still are, at the front of many of our nations struggles for human rights and civil rights. Kudus to this group for taking a stand against what is wrong :)

Jews cozy up with all other minorities so they can battle the real demons of the world, Christians, most especially Catholics.

Jews were the ones who lobbied for wide open borders in the early 20th century (as they still do today) in order to diminish the Christian influence that our founders intended for America.

Jews cozy up with all other minorities so they can battle the real demons of the world, Christians, most especially Catholics.

Jews were the ones who lobbied for wide open borders in the early 20th century (as they still do today) in order to diminish the Christian influence that our founders intended for America.

Uh....what?

Just as an aside, even if this were true, you do realize that "wide open borders" would mean a huge influx from Latin America which is largely Christian? :eusa_eh:

Uh....what?

Just as an aside, even if this were true, you do realize that "wide open borders" would mean a huge influx from Latin America which is largely Christian? :eusa_eh:

Yes but they are still a protected sub-group, not white. The more diverse, the more comfortable the Jews are, except in Israel.

Jews will cozy to up to any Zionist Christian, because they know the idiot Zionist is doing the bidding of the Jew. Other than that, they have only disdain for all things christian.

Coyote, by posting this article am I to assume you agree with the aims and goals of the group?

Ok......................

Well....:eusa_eh:

back to reality :)

I think this group is doing the right thing by speaking out like this :)

Coyote, by posting this article am I to assume you agree with the aims and goals of the group?

If you mean those which are stated on their website: About Us | Jews Against Islamophobia Coalition

Sure - it seems a good thing.

Well that group seems to be a partnership between 3 groups, all opposed to the polices of the State of Israel, as typified in this description...

Jews Say No! is a group of concerned Jews in and around New York City that formed in December 2008/January 2009 at the time of Israel’s invasion of Gaza to express our opposition to the siege of Gaza and to Israel’s oppression of the Palestinian people. We continue to make our voices heard: We hold demonstrations and street actions with signs that include “Am I a self-hating Jew if I oppose illegal and inhumane policies of the Israeli government?”

That's to which I was referring. Their opposition to bigotry aimed at muslims seems to be an part of that.

Last edited:

If you mean those which are stated on their website: About Us | Jews Against Islamophobia Coalition

Sure - it seems a good thing.

Well that group seems to be a partnership between 3 groups, all opposed to the polices of the State of Israel, as typified in this description...

Jews Say No! is a group of concerned Jews in and around New York City that formed in December 2008/January 2009 at the time of Israel’s invasion of Gaza to express our opposition to the siege of Gaza and to Israel’s oppression of the Palestinian people. We continue to make our voices heard: We hold demonstrations and street actions with signs that include “Am I a self-hating Jew if I oppose illegal and inhumane policies of the Israeli government?”

That's to which I was referring.

I'm just going by this action in the OP and what their page says - both of which I support :)

People often overlook the fact that Jews were and still are, at the front of many of our nations struggles for human rights and civil rights.

What is a human and civil right and in what way is the "nation" is struggling with these things? Are "jews" who be definition are generationally racist in that they only intermarry with other "jews" contributing to the issues in ways that help or hurt cultural conflicts?

People often overlook the fact that Jews were and still are, at the front of many of our nations struggles for human rights and civil rights.

What is a human and civil right

Human rights: Human rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world...
—1st sentence of the Preamble to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
—Article 1 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR)[7]​

Civil rights: Civil and political rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Civil rights include the ensuring of peoples' physical and mental integrity, life and safety; protection from discrimination on grounds such as race, gender, national origin, colour, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or disability;[1][2][3] and individual rights such as privacy, the freedoms of thought and conscience, speech and expression, religion, the press, assembly and movement.​

and in what way is the "nation" is struggling with these things?

We have long struggled with these things - currently, for example - freedom of religion, where many local jurisdictions are attempting to prevent Muslims from building Mosques. Discrimination or violence directed against religious groups, ethnic groups, or racial groups. As a nation, I think we are pretty good at stepping up to the plate and confronting these evils.

Are "jews" who be definition are generationally racist

What definition is that?

in that they only intermarry with other "jews" contributing to the issues in ways that help or hurt cultural conflicts?

Well...it's hard to answer a fallacy. Jews are no more or less likely to intermarry amongst their own then a host of other groups: whites, blacks, hispanics, native Americans, Christians, Catholics, Muslims...need I go on?

So...as a group, it's impossible to answer your question.

Jewish people are one of the most amazing group of people I have ever seen. They are brave. They are fair. They are kind. They are smart. They are responsible. They are against nobody.

September 26, 2013 Members of the Jews Against Islamophobia Coalition were angered and saddened to learn of the vicious bias-related attacks on Saturday, September 21, in New York City, and join with all those who are fighting to ensure that we live in a city that is safe for all residents. Dr. Prabhjot Singh, a professor at Columbia University, and a companion, a fellow Sikh, were assaulted in upper Manhattan by about a dozen individuals who called them “Osama” and “terrorist” and broke Dr. Singh’s jaw. As part of his Sikh faith, Dr. Singh was wearing a turban. According to a new report, Turban Myths, put out by SALDEF (Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund) and Stanford University, 48% of Americans mis-identify urban wearers as Muslim, and over 20% of Sikh schoolchildren suffer violence as a “price for maintaining their Sikh identity.” As Dr. Singh commented two days after the attack, “Our turban and beard are a trigger for fear in the minds of many Americans” (NY Times, September 23, 2013). Additionally, an individual assaulted a New Jersey woman wearing a hijab and called her a “f**king terrorist,” as she attended a pro-democracy rally in Times Square.

Even as we deplore these vicious attacks on individuals, we view them not as isolated incidents but as part of a systemic assault on the rights and liberties of Muslim, South Asian, and other targeted communities in NYC. While the police are investigating the attack on the two Sikh men as a possible hate crime and have arrested the alleged perpetrator of the assault on the Muslim woman at the rally, the NYPD and public officials, along with right-wing media and a network of anti-Muslim ideologues, must share responsibility for fostering an anti-Muslim atmosphere that encourages people to view both Muslims and those mistaken for Muslims as terrorists. ...

...Attacks on individuals because they are “walking while Sikh” or “standing on the street while Muslim” are simply unacceptable in our city.

:clap2: People often overlook the fact that Jews were and still are, at the front of many of our nations struggles for human rights and civil rights. Kudus to this group for taking a stand against what is wrong :)

My prayers are with the victims.

Forum List

Back