Jimmy Carter says he has cancer

namvet

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
across the pond
ATLANTA – Former President Jimmy Carter announced he has been diagnosed with cancer in a brief statement issued Wednesday.

"Recent liver surgery revealed that I have cancer that now is in other parts of my body," Carter said in the statement released by the Carter Center. "I will be rearranging my schedule as necessary so I can undergo treatment by physicians at Emory Healthcare."

The statement makes clear that Carter's cancer is widely spread, but not where it originated, or even if that is known at this point. The liver is often a place where cancer spreads and less commonly is the primary source of it. It said further information will be provided when more facts are known, "possibly next week."

Carter announced on Aug. 3 that he had surgery to remove a small mass from his liver.

Carter, 90, was the nation's 39th president. After leaving the White House, he founded the center in Atlanta in 1982 to promote health care, democracy and other issues globally.

He has remained active for the center in recent years, making public appearances at its headquarters in Atlanta and traveling overseas including a May election observation visit to Guyana cut short when Carter developed a bad cold.

Carter Center spokeswoman Deanna Congileo called the surgery earlier this month "elective" and said Carter's "prognosis is excellent for a full recovery." She declined to answer further questions at the time.

source

runs in the family

I wish him well
He was willing to speak to Mormons at the SL tabernacle and gave a good talk. Praised Mormons for making government easier by trying to solve society ills
To bad his wife is such a small petty person and wouldn't come.

I too hope he does well but given his age I will not be surprised if his time is nearing an end. A very, very nice, humble, man who was sadly not up to the job of POTUS.

ATLANTA – Former President Jimmy Carter announced he has been diagnosed with cancer in a brief statement issued Wednesday.

"Recent liver surgery revealed that I have cancer that now is in other parts of my body," Carter said in the statement released by the Carter Center. "I will be rearranging my schedule as necessary so I can undergo treatment by physicians at Emory Healthcare."

The statement makes clear that Carter's cancer is widely spread, but not where it originated, or even if that is known at this point. The liver is often a place where cancer spreads and less commonly is the primary source of it. It said further information will be provided when more facts are known, "possibly next week."

Carter announced on Aug. 3 that he had surgery to remove a small mass from his liver.

Carter, 90, was the nation's 39th president. After leaving the White House, he founded the center in Atlanta in 1982 to promote health care, democracy and other issues globally.

He has remained active for the center in recent years, making public appearances at its headquarters in Atlanta and traveling overseas including a May election observation visit to Guyana cut short when Carter developed a bad cold.

Carter Center spokeswoman Deanna Congileo called the surgery earlier this month "elective" and said Carter's "prognosis is excellent for a full recovery." She declined to answer further questions at the time.

source

runs in the family
I wish him well, he's beloved by us all

Jimmy Carter's cancer fight puts new meaning in old message @ Jimmy Carter's cancer fight puts new meaning in old message\

I totally disagree with the man's politics and believe – from first-hand knowledge – that he was the second worst president in American history. But I have always admired the man's first religious beliefs and staying to them. I hope that faith gives him the strength he and his family needs in the coming months.

Jimmy Carter gets new melanoma treatment: Here's how it works
@ Jimmy Carter gets new melanoma treatment: Here's how it works

I thought carter did ok as president. I voted for him twice. My gripes with him were more about domestic issues rather then foreign affairs.

I thought carter did ok as a president. I voted for him twice. My gripes with him were more about domestic issues rather then foreign affairs.

We had one strong leader in the Middle East who was trying to drag Muslims out of the 8th century and The Peanut Farmer praised him out of one side of his mouth and signed the Shah's death warrant out of the other. What we face throughout the world can be tied directly to his disastrous foreign affairs actions.

I thought carter did ok as a president. I voted for him twice. My gripes with him were more about domestic issues rather then foreign affairs.

We had one strong leader in the Middle East who was trying to drag Muslims out of the 8th century and The Peanut Farmer praised him out of one side of his mouth and signed the Shah's death warrant out of the other. What we face throughout the world can be tied directly to his disastrous foreign affairs actions.

I didn't give a fuck about third world Arab Muslim shithole people back then. So why are you so desperate to fuck with em.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back