Jimmy Carter's Grandson: 'It's Nice To Be Able To Hit Back'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Paige Lavender

James Carter IV, grandson of former President Jimmy Carter and the man who found the now-infamous "47 percent" video that rocked the 2012 presidential election, weighed in on the impact of the footage on HuffPost Live.

"I've been hearing all my life people making fun of my grandfather, or saying that he was a bad president, or things like that, and I've just gotten used to it," Carter said. "And it's nice to be able to hit back."

The former president revealed on CNN Thursday that President Barack Obama personally thanked his grandson for his role in the release of the video of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney. During his HuffPost Live appearance, Carter IV revealed it was his brother who told Obama he'd found the video.

More: 47 Percent Video: James Carter IV Says 'It's Nice To Be Able To Hit Back'

James Carter IV, your grandfather is a good man and was a good president. He was mostly a victim of circumstances beyond his control.

Wouldn't he be the Third?

I always felt bad for Carter not being able to complete the mission of getting the hostages released.

James Carter IV, your grandfather is a good man and was a good president. He was mostly a victim of circumstances beyond his control.

I always felt bad for Carter not being able to complete the mission of getting the hostages released.

President Carter was Jr. (James Earl Carter, Jr.).

Presidency of Jimmy Carter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks! I'm so young I forgot about Carter being a Jr.

He did complete the mission.

He kept them alive long enough for the Ayatooah and Reagan to conspire for their release.

He kept them alive long enough for the Ayatooah and Reagan to conspire for their release.

That's not what I meant.

He didn't get the credit for the release of the hostages, which he would have, had he been re-elected.

I get it now, Dem Presidents are only responsible for the good thing, all the bad things and always beyond their control

It's nice to hit back, man what a scum...but the Democrats wouldn't have anything without dirty politics

Like Obama wasn't hitting enough?, how Romney wouldn't show his tax returns, how Romney killed people, etc etc..nothing Romney said about the 47% was untrue...you people just don't like hearing the truth about yourselves and how dependent people are on the hand outs that you party Champions ALL at the expense of other, TAXPAYERS..
Just look at Obama's video, the life of Julia, perfect example of that in the 47%

Last edited:

That's not what I meant.

He didn't get the credit for the release of the hostages, which he would have, had he been re-elected.

Don't you understand that Reagan and the Ayatollah conspired NOT to release them UNTIL Carter was out of office?

Reagan just wanted to win the election, that was HIS motive.

The Ayatollah wanted to show the world how easily he could CONTROL the election of the POTUS in that election.

He openly stated that he'd be releasing the hostages when Carter was removed from office and that's exactly what he did, too. The hostages were released the same day that Carter stepped down and Reagan took office.

They both got their wish.

Americans got the chosen candidate of the Ayatolla and the Ayatollah got additional CRED in the world of Islam.

Last edited:

Presidential Rankings

26 Gerald Ford

27 Jimmy Carter

34 George W. Bush

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jimmy Carter was singlehandedly the worst president America has ever had. A total disgrace and the man responsible for Islamic terrorism spreading more than any other. Once the Shah of Iran was gone Iran went to Islamic hell on earth and he is the one responsible for it. A real liar, manipulator, communist, definitely not a christian bone in that mans body.

- Jeremiah

Hey Jimmeh, not to worry,your grandfather is no longer the worst president in history. Obama is.

looks like the apple didn't fall too far from the tree...Carter was a horrible President but he wasn't the low down dirty politics like his grandson..

Presidential Rankings

26 Gerald Ford

27 Jimmy Carter

34 George W. Bush

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A victim? That victim compounded government spending in the face of double digit inflation, unemployment, and interest rates. How about those long gas lines.....OPEC is reducing supply. What does the Carter Admin do? Push policy to cease the US from building more refineries. Jimmy Carter was America's pennance for Nixon. He is, was, and always will be a bitter man. Victim? Try "his own worst enemy."

Presidential Rankings

26 Gerald Ford

27 Jimmy Carter

34 George W. Bush

A victim? That victim compounded government spending in the face of double digit inflation, unemployment, and interest rates. How about those long gas lines.....OPEC is reducing supply. What does the Carter Admin do? Push policy to cease the US from building more refineries. Jimmy Carter was America's pennance for Nixon. He is, was, and always will be a bitter man. Victim? Try "his own worst enemy."

Forgive Lackhota, he suffers from a victim mentality...

Forum List

Back