Joe Biden all but endorses New Gingrich as the man for the job...

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Joe Biden says he’d feel better if someone like Newt Gingrich was Trump’s vice presidential pick

Snip
“Newt and I disagree, but he’s one of the brightest guys I know. He knows the government, he knows the issues,” said Biden, a Democrat. “I would feel better knowing that there was somebody there with the depth and gravitas on the issues that Newt possesses. There are others who possess it as well.”

Of course he later stated that he was not endorsing him but I'm surprised at the honest assessment to begin with. The last time Newt was in the race he was crucified for suggesting growth & exploration in space. Which incidentally later became a suggestion from Obama as well.

Gingrich is ok, but he's a bit too Neocon-ish for me. But then again, so are Clinton and Trump. They'll all get us into more bloody wars around the world. But Gingrich is a real smart guy. I do respect him. He'd be a good choice for Trump.

Oh good, so we may get that colony on the moon afterall. And helmet head as second lady. Six wives and multiple affairs between the two on that ticket along with all those traditional american values like open marriage. Classic.

Gingrich is ok, but he's a bit too Neocon-ish for me. But then again, so are Clinton and Trump. They'll all get us into more bloody wars around the world. But Gingrich is a real smart guy. I do respect him. He'd be a good choice for Trump.

Just an FYI. Newt has in the past few years really been thinking about his neo con views and really been re thinking them. I'll see if I can find the link where he and Rand Paul were tag teaming against hawks in the GOP.

Here it is: And forgive me. Think Progress was the first one that loaded for me. :lol: Great read.
Security
Newt Gingrich Abandons Neocons, Joins Rand Paul In GOP Foreign Policy Civil War
by Hayes Brown Aug 5, 2013 11:15 am

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) has a new and unlikely ally in his fight against the neoconservative wing of the Republican Party that has long dominated its foreign policy: former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

“I am a neoconservative,” Gingrich told the Washington Times in an article published on Sunday. “But at some point, even if you are a neoconservative, you need to take a deep breath to ask if our strategies in the Middle East have succeeded.”

A decade ago, Gingrich as was the forefront of those calling for a broad interventionist policy, one that would spread democracy throughout the Middle East whether its inhabitants wanted America’s help in doing so or not. Just days after the 9/11 attacks, Gingrich was calling for the removal of Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq after the U.S. finished ousting the Taliban in Afghanistan. In the time since, it would seem that Newt has had a change of heart.

“It may be that our capacity to export democracy is a lot more limited than we thought,” Gingrich told the Times, adding: “I think we really need a discussion on what is an effective policy against radical Islam, since it’s hard to argue that our policies of the last 12 years have effective.”

In case the change of allegiances wasn’t clear enough, though, Gingrich specifically cited Sen. Paul as an example of the future of the Republican Party. “I think it would be healthy to go back and war-game what alternative strategies would have been better, and I like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul because they are talking about this,” Gingrich said.

More at link:

Who else would have a big enough ego to accept the VP nod?

Just an FYI. Newt has in the past few years really been thinking about his neo con views and really been re thinking them. I'll see if I can find the link where he and Rand Paul were tag teaming against hawks in the GOP.

Here it is: And forgive me. Think Progress was the first one that loaded for me. :lol: Great read.
Security

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) has a new and unlikely ally in his fight against the neoconservative wing of the Republican Party that has long dominated its foreign policy: former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

“I am a neoconservative,” Gingrich told the Washington Times in an article published on Sunday. “But at some point, even if you are a neoconservative, you need to take a deep breath to ask if our strategies in the Middle East have succeeded.”

A decade ago, Gingrich as was the forefront of those calling for a broad interventionist policy, one that would spread democracy throughout the Middle East whether its inhabitants wanted America’s help in doing so or not. Just days after the 9/11 attacks, Gingrich was calling for the removal of Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq after the U.S. finished ousting the Taliban in Afghanistan. In the time since, it would seem that Newt has had a change of heart.

“It may be that our capacity to export democracy is a lot more limited than we thought,” Gingrich told the Times, adding: “I think we really need a discussion on what is an effective policy against radical Islam, since it’s hard to argue that our policies of the last 12 years have effective.”

In case the change of allegiances wasn’t clear enough, though, Gingrich specifically cited Sen. Paul as an example of the future of the Republican Party. “I think it would be healthy to go back and war-game what alternative strategies would have been better, and I like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul because they are talking about this,” Gingrich said.

More at link:

Glad to hear it. Hopefully he can talk some sense into Trump on this Permanent War stuff. Thanks for the info.

Oh good, so we may get that colony on the moon afterall. And helmet head as second lady. Six wives and multiple affairs between the two on that ticket along with all those traditional american values like open marriage. Classic.

Derp along now tool

If Gingrich did become the pick, it might make me decide to vote for Trump after all. If Trump were to win in November, Gingrich would become President when Trump is impeached in March.

Have fun!

It's always fun watching you liberals look foolish.

The term "liberal" is just as meaningless these days as "conservative".

Security

More at link:

Glad to hear it. Hopefully he can talk some sense into Trump on this Permanent War stuff. Thanks for the info.

You're very welcome. I was never a hawk but I had in the past believed certain wars were justified. As time passes on and with the ability to track information myself where we couldn't before, I like so many others have had a true awakening over the years and I have had my own personal mea culpa moments over Iraq in particular.

Of course the past few years with western nations interfering in the ME and the Ukraine, witnessing the true insanity of neo cons who want to "rearrange" countries leaders to their personal liking at the expense of so many lives and continual failures, Western Foreign Affairs has become the Twilight Zone meets the Keystone Cops.

If Trump does one thing up and coming, I really hope he asks Clinton why she's not bragging about the Arab Spring anymore.

:)

Last edited:

Security

More at link:

I was never a hawk but I had in the past believed certain wars were justified. As time passes on and with the ability to track information myself where we couldn't before, I like so many others have had a true awakening over the years and I have had my own personal mea culpa moments over Iraq in particular. Of course the past few years with western nations interfering in the ME and the Ukraine, witnessing the true insanity of neo cons who want to "rearrange" countries leaders to their personal liking but at the expense of so many lives and continual failures. Western Foreign Affairs has become the Twilight Zone meets the Keystone Cops.

If Trump does one thing up and coming, I really hope he asks her why she's not bragging about the Arab Spring anymore.

:)

Well look who's coming 'round.

I guess everyone missed the possibility that Joe is employing some psychology here?

lol

Joe Biden says he’d feel better if someone like Newt Gingrich was Trump’s vice presidential pick

Snip
“Newt and I disagree, but he’s one of the brightest guys I know. He knows the government, he knows the issues,” said Biden, a Democrat. “I would feel better knowing that there was somebody there with the depth and gravitas on the issues that Newt possesses. There are others who possess it as well.”

Of course he later stated that he was not endorsing him but I'm surprised at the honest assessment to begin with. The last time Newt was in the race he was crucified for suggesting growth & exploration in space. Which incidentally later became a suggestion from Obama as well.

Well, Biden ain't the brightest bulb in the pack. Gingrich is somewhat like a computer up a monkey's ass. He's a loose canon.

Forget Lunar Colonies, Here Are 11 Other Crazy Newt Gingrich Ideas

PRESENTING: The 11 Craziest Ideas Newt Gingrich Has Ever Had

Have fun!

It's always fun watching you liberals look foolish.

The term "liberal" is just as meaningless these days as "conservative".

Naw it isn't.

Forum List

Back