A Primer on the Multiple Grounds for Appeal (Jonathan Turley)

Indeed. I had forgotten about that.

I bet the judge hasn't though.
The maximum penalties for criminal contempt of court, are 30 days, or $1,000.
I don't think the $1,000 fine was enough to deter Trump. And Merchan already drew a red line that Trump crossed.

You're dreaming. That case was absolutely air tight.
He’s banking on the corrupt SCOTUS to bail out trump
I’m not convinced that all 6 of them will bail out trump

We know how Thomas and Alito will vote.

Notice how racist two_iron used the term “tree apes”

Appeal is going to take a long time to hear. Start counting the days till it happens.
Yes. It will. And you scumbag libturds revel in that fact because of your appalling reliance on partisan political persecutions and lawfare.

Your motto remains, “fuck Justice.”

You don't really believe that he raised that much, do you?

As for the polls, RCP right now has the race with only a 0.8 edge for Trump.

Morning Consult and Ipsos have Biden ahead.
Why would anyone in their right mind send money to a friggin BILLIONAIRE just because he's begging for it?

If he's a billionaire and still needs people to send him money doesn't indicate that he doesn't manage his money very well?

To save yins from the bother of wading through ads and what not, I have extracted the meat of it...

Yeah just like Trump was going to be completely exonerated in the trial

IMG_6912.jpeg

I think I get it. Your native language is lying and you just can't believe anyone would ever tell the truth about anything.

That's between you and your online therapist. I don't want to get involved.

I'm going by what is on RCP as of this morning.

RCP is notoriously right wing, and even they admit this is a dead heat.

When "Convicted Felon Donald Trump" starts to sink in, it will get worse.

Tueley has called every one of trumps cases wtong so far..
And an appeal here is an uphill battle.

Blanche has identified some of the issues the defense wants to argue on appeal:

• It was hard for Trump to get a fair trial because everyone knows who he is based on his high profile as a former president, a candidate or from The Apprentice.
  • Testimony from adult film actress Stormy Daniels went on too long and included salacious, irrelevant details. Daniels alleges she had a sexual encounter with Trump in 2006, which Trump denies.
  • The prosecution’s key witness, Michael Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer and so-called fixer, was previously convicted of making false statements. The defense argues he shouldn’t be relied upon in order to convict a person.

Let's look at each of those. The first one is comical. Just how is an appeal going to fix the problem? The second one--did Trump's lawyers not have the right to object? Could they not ask that statements be stricken from the record?

But the third one is the one the Trumpbots just keep seizing on. Like it is some kind of silver bullet. What they don't realize, and the jury does realize, every bit of Cohen's testimony was corroborated by other witnesses. The prosecution was meticulous, no part of Cohen's testimony stands alone.

And an appeal here is an uphill battle.

Blanche has identified some of the issues the defense wants to argue on appeal:

• It was hard for Trump to get a fair trial because everyone knows who he is based on his high profile as a former president, a candidate or from The Apprentice.
  • Testimony from adult film actress Stormy Daniels went on too long and included salacious, irrelevant details. Daniels alleges she had a sexual encounter with Trump in 2006, which Trump denies.
  • The prosecution’s key witness, Michael Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer and so-called fixer, was previously convicted of making false statements. The defense argues he shouldn’t be relied upon in order to convict a person.

Let's look at each of those. The first one is comical. Just how is an appeal going to fix the problem? The second one--did Trump's lawyers not have the right to object? Could they not ask that statements be stricken from the record?

But the third one is the one the Trumpbots just keep seizing on. Like it is some kind of silver bullet. What they don't realize, and the jury does realize, every bit of Cohen's testimony was corroborated by other witnesses. The prosecution was meticulous, no part of Cohen's testimony stands alone.
Regarding the last item, the judge instructed the jury that they could not convict Trump based SOLELY on Cohen's testimony. I've never heard a judge say that you can't be convinced by the testimony of one witness but I thought that was a good move, that it showed he was reminding them they should take the totality of the evidence into consideration when arriving at a verdict.

To save yins from the bother of wading through ads and what not, I have extracted the meat of it...
Thanks, I copied this to keep for history's sake.

Everyone should and then they will have info at hand to show any moron what really happened as opposed to moron's preferred narrative

You're dreaming. That case was absolutely air tight.
One major problem with your statement is that the prosecution is using "crimes" that Trump was never even charged with, let alone convicted of as the whole basis for bootstrapping their case. The last time I looked, one of the basic foundations of our legal system is that Defendents are innocent until proven by a jury of their peers. No trial has happened, let alone a conviction. The "crimes" don't exist as far as the legal system is concerned.

Forum List

Back