John McAfee's Warning About The Dark Side Of That 'Presidential Alert' Sent To Your Phone...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
This dude knows what he's talking about. Big Brother is watching and listening. That's no 'Crazy Conspiracy Theory.'

Last week, the first Presidential Alert was sent to phones all across the country. Theories and screenshots took over the internet shortly thereafter.

But one of these theories, in particular, comes from a source that is especially credible with regard to cybersecurity: John McAfee.

Let’s take a quick look at what other folks were saying before we get into McAfee’s assertion.

First, political foes were “triggered.”

Before the alert ever came through, three people in New York were suing to stop it.

The activists filed the suit last week in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, arguing that the system violates their free speech rights and constitutes an unconstitutional seizure of their electronic devices…

…Wireless phone users have the ability to opt out of most alerts sent under the Integrated Public Alert and Warning System, run by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. While some users can choose not to receive regional messages and so-called Amber Alerts regarding missing or endangered children, under federal rules, receipt of the top-level “presidential alerts“ is mandatory.

But the motive behind their suit was obviously political, as opposed to constitutional.

And they weren’t the only ones who were “triggered” by the alert. All across social media, people bemoaned the fact that the wording was “Presidential Alert.”

Then there’s John McAfee’s theory about the Presidential Alert Test.

John McAfee had a different opinion about the Presidential Alert and it’s positively dystopian...

Read More:
Check Out John McAfee’s Warning - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

John McAfee‏Verified account @officialmcafee

The "Presidential alerts": they are capable of accessing the E911 chip in your phones - giving them full access to your location, microphone, camera and every function of your phone. This not a rant, this is from me, still one of the leading cybersecurity experts. Wake up people!

This dude knows what he's talking about. Big Brother is watching and listening. That's no 'Crazy Conspiracy Theory.'

Last week, the first Presidential Alert was sent to phones all across the country. Theories and screenshots took over the internet shortly thereafter.

But one of these theories, in particular, comes from a source that is especially credible with regard to cybersecurity: John McAfee.

Let’s take a quick look at what other folks were saying before we get into McAfee’s assertion.

Before the alert ever came through, three people in New York were suing to stop it.

The activists filed the suit last week in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, arguing that the system violates their free speech rights and constitutes an unconstitutional seizure of their electronic devices…

…Wireless phone users have the ability to opt out of most alerts sent under the Integrated Public Alert and Warning System, run by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. While some users can choose not to receive regional messages and so-called Amber Alerts regarding missing or endangered children, under federal rules, receipt of the top-level “presidential alerts“ is mandatory.

But the motive behind their suit was obviously political, as opposed to constitutional.

And they weren’t the only ones who were “triggered” by the alert. All across social media, people bemoaned the fact that the wording was “Presidential Alert.”

John McAfee had a different opinion about the Presidential Alert and it’s positively dystopian...

Read More:

Isn't McAfee a crazy loon?

I did not receive a president's alert.

9imQZkq.jpg

Read More:

Perhaps instead of BAIT you could offer evidence?

Just a thought

Read More:

I prefer the term 'eccentric.' But he really knows what he's talking about on this.

Well, that’s not good.

And this theory has a lot more credibility because McAfee is, in fact, the big Kahuna of cybersecurity. McAfee is a British-American who is a computer programmer and entrepreneur. He created McAfee Antivirus back in the 80s, and though he sold his interest in the company, still keeps his finger on the pulse of cybersecurity and politics. He’s already announced that he’s taking a serious run at the 2020 presidential nomination on the Libertarian ticket.

In fact, McAfee is known as one of the top cyber security experts in the world. And he’s known for bluntly telling unpleasant truths that nobody wants to believe...

I would have preferred...
Presidential Alert...
Trump says good morning..
MAGA...
trump-fail-004.jpg

Half the country's heads would explode.

Read More:

Gosh! The only option to avoid aliens invading my brain is to turn off my phone when I am not using it?

Ok...don't want aliens invading my brain or anything like that....

Read More:

Gosh! The only option to avoid aliens invading my brain is to turn off my phone when I am not using it?

What?! Did you read the article? How could you get 'Aliens invading brains' out of it?

Read More:

What?! Did you read the article? How could you get 'Aliens invading brains' out of it?

Duh...everyone knows the answer to that.

`
As much as I do enjoy a plausible conspiracy theory, this one is FALSE as judged by Snopes; https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/presidential-alerts-control-phones/

The Snopes fact checker used to be a public relations speaker for NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Talk about ironical. I trust NASA to tell the truth less than I do Snopes. lol.

Good call, after they faked all those moon landings, they are not to be trusted.

`
As much as I do enjoy a plausible conspiracy theory, this one is FALSE as judged by Snopes; https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/presidential-alerts-control-phones/

The Snopes fact checker used to be a public relations speaker for NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Good call, after they faked all those moon landings, they are not to be trusted.

You should read the article and then comment. McAfee knows what he's talking about on this.

`

You should read the article and then comment. McAfee knows what he's talking about on this.

I was making fun of the person I responded to. McAfee seems to be wrong about them being able to take control of all your phone's systems, but even if he is half right that is way too much power. I am really not even fond of their ability to do what they did last week.

Read More:
Hell is going to be fu$&ed for Donny haircut

`

I was making fun of the person I responded to. McAfee seems to be wrong about them being able to take control of all your phone's systems, but even if he is half right that is way too much power. I am really not even fond of their ability to do what they did last week.

McAfee knows his shit. If he's concerned, i would be too.

Forum List

Back