just got off the golf course...

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
I am so sick and tired of slow play.
Finally we skipped over a couple of holes, and believe me there were plenty of open holes in front of this group.
gave my self a bogey and a par on the holes I skipped for a 78
But our golf course has really gotten bad with slow play
5somes, 6somes forming up.

^1st world problems.

Tyrone wouldn't have such problems if he played at the better golf courses like I do where they
provide attack golf carts to deal with slow players to get them the hell out of your way FAST.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/06/50/8d/06508d304495323b7f0ac6811085faa4.jpg

I am so sick and tired of slow play.
Finally we skipped over a couple of holes, and believe me there were plenty of open holes in front of this group.
gave my self a bogey and a par on the holes I skipped for a 78
But our golf course has really gotten bad with slow play
5somes, 6somes forming up.
I feel ya. If I get stuck behind a bunch of hackers carefully lining up their putts for triple bogey, I start thinking how great it would be to be picking weeds in my yard.

I play in a league on Mon and Thur mornings, pretty early, before the public is permitted to play. There's about 60 of us, shotgun start and the Number 1 rule is Pace of Play. Most of us are single digit and none of us can stand slow play. We've already dismissed 2 guys over the years for it and we've got one now that's on notice. We rarely go over 3-1/2 hours. That's bad management that allows anything larger than a 4some. Hope you find a better track.

I play in a league on Mon and Thur mornings, pretty early, before the public is permitted to play. There's about 60 of us, shotgun start and the Number 1 rule is Pace of Play. Most of us are single digit and none of us can stand slow play. We've already dismissed 2 guys over the years for it and we've got one now that's on notice. We rarely go over 3-1/2 hours. That's bad management that allows anything larger than a 4some. Hope you find a better track.
I don't understand why hackers prolong the agony. Pick your line, one practice swing and go. They would probably score better and finish an hour earlier.

I don't understand why hackers prolong the agony. Pick your line, one practice swing and go. They would probably score better and finish an hour earlier.
Exactly right. And play READY GOLF. If your partner is raking the bunker and you're ready to putt..... PUTT THE FUCKING BALL. Nothing is going to change. When we get 4 A-players together we can get it done in 2-1/2 hours... and that's the difference between 82 degrees and 95 degrees. :cool:

The last three times I played golf, I shot a 76…..80…..78. I did play from the Ladies’ Tees, but still….i think those are pretty respectable scores.

In fact, I’m getting so good that I’m almost ready to play the back 9 one of these days!

Forum List

Back