Just watched Star Wars with my daughter.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Been watching the series with her over the last few weeks. She was but a twinkle in my eye when the originals were popular and a rebelious child not interested when the garbage prequels came out.

I still can't believe they killed Han Solo.

JJ Abrams ruined Star Trek and Star Wars. The new ones are just terrible.

Did you Start with Episode IV or did you watch them from episode I?

I always prove to my friends that watching SW is in the order in which the films were shot. Otherwise, very much is lost :) But the problem is that SW IV today looks very primitive.

I remember with what charm we watched these films in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Damn, we have the Soviet Union collapsed in many ways and because these films were not allowed to enter the domestic market, but everyone knew about them! :D But today people no longer perceive it the way we do ...

By the way, a similar story with Arnold Schwarzenegger :) For us it was an idol. And when there are new films with him now ("The Last Stand", "Escape Plan"), we look with pleasure, because there are a lot of allusions and humor referring to former things. But the young people, who did not find the triumph of the early films with Arnold, do not understand these new films at all. For them, these films are mediocre movie-action movies :)

I still say Empire Strikes Back is the best. It had the most heart, soul and brains to it.

Forum List

Back