K9 Officer dies after being left in hot police cruiser for hours.

What is really sad is that this is about the needless death of an animal that had provided public service.

And somehow there are jerks in this world who have to make it about what is important to them (In other words...never mind the dog.....you need to read what is important to me....because I'm that important).

Sick.

This poor friend of the people was lost to us because of negligence. My guess is that that Baston holds no grudge and is in a better place now.

I mourn his loss.

Sad and unfortunate that the handler completely forgot his partner.

I've had GSDs all my life and if you get a good one you have the best dog on the planet. A dog who lay down his life for his master.

To bad the handler left his duty to his partner unfulfilled and you can bet he will have nightmares for the rest of his life.

Sad and unfortunate that the handler completely forgot his partner.

I've had GSDs all my life and if you get a good one you have the best dog on the planet. A dog who lay down his life for his master.

To bad the handler left his duty to his partner unfulfilled and you can bet he will have nightmares for the rest of his life.

AC was on but it was just too hot. Even being in a car driving you have to be aware of the dangers for you and the passengers in the car. You can carry a bottle of water and drink when you feel lightheaded, the K9 needs to have one put out for him.

I agree. I live down here in Florida and if I know I will be stopping somewhere I leave the dogs at home.

A hot car is a killer for humans and pets.

Tragic accident not an intentional act. Some consideration is warranted.
The same considerations that are applied to every other civilian nation wide. No more. No less...

Car Had the AC left on. I don't know why the K9 was in the car for an hour but the officer might have been delayed on police business and not been able to free himself.
Even driving, a car can get too hot and the driver or passengers can become fog and more prone to accidents. Heat is a danger in or out of a car. Babies and pet can suffer in or outside and adult are not always aware of the symptoms or realize their ability to adapt to the heat is not the same. Babies can get boiling in a pram or stroller not just a car. Babies will not away cry or let a parent know there is a problem.

Then charge him. Run him through the system; and let us(the jury) decide. Just like anyone else.

Then charge him. Run him through the system; and let us(the jury) decide. Just like anyone else.

With WHAT? AC was on. It was an hour. 100% no criminal intent. You can't charge someone without probable cause.

I guess libs want a new law: "Offending Us While Being a Cop". So any cop can be jailed anytime a liberal doesn't approve of him.

even with the AC running cars can get too hot. It took less than an hour.

Bullshit. Don't care how hot it is: if the car is running with the A/C on, it will NOT get too hot for a dog inside! My car (note: it is black) will stay <80 degrees inside in 105-degree heat with the A/C on!

Forum List

Back