Kahn Corners McCain On Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
khangrave-800.jpg

Khizr Khan calls on McCain, other GOP leaders to stand up to Trump.

WASHINGTON – The last book Khizr Khan sent his son Humayun, an Army captain who was killed in a 2004 car bombing in Iraq, was Sen. John McCain’s “Why Courage Matters.”

Khan said he has long respected the Arizona Republican, and that one of his last conversations with his son had been about the book and McCain’s “sacrifice and (the) sacrifice of others to strengthen and care for others.”

McCain had been “my and my family’s hero,” whom Khan said they admired as someone who “gave so much in care of others” both as a veteran and as an elected official.

It’s that admiration that led Khan to call on McCain and other GOP leaders this week to withdraw their support of GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump.

“I implore Sen. McCain … I continue to implore all of the good Republicans who either support or are going to vote for their party’s candidate, this will be a historic moment in the Republican Party,” Khan said Tuesday during an interview with Cronkite News.

“If you publicly rebuked him, you will look back and you will stand tall in front of the nation and you will say you were not for this, we were for (a) better America,” he said.

McCain issued a blistering denunciation last week of Trump’s attacks on Khan and his family, but he has refused to back away from his statement that – without naming Trump – he will support “the party’s nominee.”

McCain’s office did not return calls and emails requesting comment on Khan’s statements.

More: Khizr Khan calls on McCain, other GOP leaders to stand up to Trump - Cronkite News - Arizona PBS

Mr. Kahn is a great American citizen and patriot - and so was his son. Thank you, sir, for all your sacrifices and service to America.

May be true, but not all I am hearing..............and ppppfffftttt to McCain.

The almighty dollar talks ya know. Many would sell their soul for it.

John better play nice or Trump will unendorse him.

~snort

~snort

Hopefully McCain wins big later this month. ;) Then McCain can start attacking the orange man.

You looooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeeee that name calling, doncha? Think I will start doing that too. It's way endearing.

~snort
McCain is scum.

He's better then Trump and pretty much the entire tea party. Think about that.

Tea party? Is there still a Tea Party?

They became the so called freedom caucus.

Meh. Never was into it. I can decide things on my own, plus I didn't like all involved.....some I really like........such as Herman Cain. Love that man.

Forum List

Back