Kansas Secretary Of State Concedes On Ballots, No Dem To Be Listed.

The attempt to keep him on the ballot was bullshit from the get-go. I can't believe Kobach thought he could get away with it. The Dem went to the SOS office, asked them how to take his name off the ballot, they told him and he did it the way they told him to. I hope the judge called Kobach out for the douche he is.

The attempt to keep him on the ballot was bullshit from the get-go. I can't believe Kobach thought he could get away with it. The Dem went to the SOS office, asked them how to take his name off the ballot, they told him and he did it the way they told him to. I hope the judge called Kobach out for the douche he is.

(b) Any person who has been nominated by any means for any national, state,
county or township office who declares that they are incapable of fulfilling the duties of
office if elected may cause such person's name to be withdrawn from nomination by a 6
request in writing, signed by the person and acknowledged before an officer qualified to
take acknowledgments of deeds

So what was his reason for being incapable of performing the duties if elected?

county or township office who declares that they are incapable of fulfilling the duties of
office if elected may cause such person's name to be withdrawn from nomination by a 6
request in writing, signed by the person and acknowledged before an officer qualified to

Sufficient enough for the court to rule in his favor and strike his name from the ballot.

"who declares that they are incapable of fulfilling the duties of " requires to statement of cause.

The cause was that the Dems are not going to let KS keep he state in the red.

Sufficient enough for the court to rule in his favor and strike his name from the ballot.

You didn't answer the question. Why is he incapable of performing his duties IF he was elected?

"who declares that they are incapable of fulfilling the duties of " requires to statement of cause.

The cause was that the Dems are not going to let KS keep he state in the red.

That isn't being incapable of performing his duties. Try again.

You didn't answer the question. Why is he incapable of performing his duties IF he was elected?

I don't know, do you? Obviously it was sufficient for the court to agree with him. He did exactly as the office of the SOS told him to do and then the hack of a Sec of State tried to keep him on for his own interests. It's really none of our business why unless he tells us.

I don't know, do you? Obviously it was sufficient for the court to agree with him. He did exactly as the office of the SOS told him to do and then the hack of a Sec of State tried to keep him on for his own interests. It's really none of our business why unless he tells us.

So what was the reason? The statue clearly states the person having their name removed has to think they are incapable of performing the requirements of the office IF elected.

I think the court was more angry at the Sec of State not requesting said information up front, and ruled (wrongly) based on that.

Again, why should he be able to resign from the race, AND have his ballot removed? what is the reason he is incapable of performing the office?

The Dems failed to name a new candidate, which is why there are none on the ballot. And some thought delaying mailing the ballots to service members overseas was reasonable while they pressured Dems to come up with a candidate. The law requires that overseas military ballots be sent out 45 days in advance to ensure they have time to receive the ballots (mail is slow) and send them back by the deadline. There have been so many instances of military being disenfranchised at election time because it takes so long for the mail to get back and forth.

I don't give a shit why the guy was taken off the ballot. It was legal and his business. I am more concerned that military votes are never treated as sacred.

Last big election, tons military ballots were 'misplaced'. Shit like that happens too much.

The Dems failed to name a new candidate, which is why there are none on the ballot. And some thought delaying mailing the ballots to service members overseas was reasonable while they pressured Dems to come up with a candidate. The law requires that overseas military ballots be sent out 45 days in advance to ensure they have time to receive the ballots (mail is slow) and send them back by the deadline. There have been so many instances of military being disenfranchised at election time because it takes so long for the mail to get back and forth.

I don't give a shit why the guy was taken off the ballot. It was legal and his business. I am more concerned that military votes are never treated as sacred.

Last big election, tons military ballots were 'misplaced'. Shit like that happens too much.

Still have not heard the reason why he was unable to perform his duties if elected.

Still have not heard the reason why he was unable to perform his duties if elected.

Who gives a shit. If the guy wants you to know, he'll tell you.

You're more worried about his reasons than about military ballots being fucked with once again. That is the real story here.

And the Dems didn't try to find a new candidate. Why is that?

You're more worried about his reasons than about military ballots being fucked with once again. That is the real story here.

The law states that the only reason a person can be removed from the ballot is if they are incapable of performing the duties of the office, and state as such (or their estate does if they are deceased).

We are talking letter of the law here.

The law states that the only reason a person can be removed from the ballot is if they are incapable of performing the duties of the office, and state as such (or their estate does if they are deceased).

It went through court and all this happened legally. The fact that the reason isn't being released might be because the guy doesn't want it that way. Why don't you send him an email and get him to open up? Get back to us on that, will ya?

It went through court and all this happened legally. The fact that the reason isn't being released might be because the guy doesn't want it that way. Why don't you send him an email and get him to open up? Get back to us on that, will ya?

Or its because any reason he can give would be a lie. Wanting someone else to win is not "unable to perform the duties of the office"
Just because you get judges to agree with you being wrong doesn't mean you are right.

Once again, politicians take a shit on a law they don't want to follow, and a court proceeds to follow up with wiping their ass for them.

Marty wants to assign "whatever" to the person for dropping out and wants to know why.

No, Marty, no. You have don't have a right to know. Neither does the SoS. All heneeds to know is that the candidate complied with the law, which he did.

Marty, that's the end of it as far as the law and process are concerned.

Marty wants to assign "whatever" to the person for dropping out and wants to know why.

No, Marty, no. You have don't have a right to know. Neither does the SoS. All heneeds to know is that the candidate complied with the law, which he did.

Marty, that's the end of it as far as the law and process are concerned.

The law states that the person can withdraw only if they cannot perform the duties of the office if elected. If the law asks for it, why should the people be denied hearing the reason?

I keep forgetting that skimping on the law is A-OK if its done for progressive purposes.

You keep forgetting you can be told 'no' and nobody provides you what you want.

You keep forgetting you can be told 'no' and nobody provides you what you want.

The law says he has to have a reason he cannot perform the duties. Said reason falls under no secrecy laws. he can even say "personal reasons".

He can't because its a lie. And you support the lie for political gain.

Forum List

Back