Kansas Secretary Of State Concedes On Ballots, No Dem To Be Listed.

You make silly assumptions all the time.

He fulfilled the law: that's the end of it.

Kansas Senate Ballots Will Be Sent Out Without Dem Nominee Listed

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach has conceded defeat and will issue ballots without a Democratic Candidate for Senate listed.

Kansas Democrat resigned his campaign in favor of Independent Greg Orman.

Republican Incumbent Pat Roberts is currently trailing Orman is recent polls.

The odor of desperation reeked out of the lame attempt by Kobach. He and the rest of not only the Kansas Republicans, but National Republican Party knows who weak Roberts is.

The Tea Party is suppose to be the voice of the People and in Kansas, at leats the Tea Party has turned that State in laughing stock.

100-Kansas Republicans have openly supported the Democratic Candidate (Yes, I know about the lap dance story, no I don't care) for Governor.

The Purge of the Kansas Republicans by Brownback is now having blow back.

Kansas Senate Ballots Will Be Sent Out Without Dem Nominee Listed

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach has conceded defeat and will issue ballots without a Democratic Candidate for Senate listed.

Kansas Democrat resigned his campaign in favor of Independent Greg Orman.

Republican Incumbent Pat Roberts is currently trailing Orman is recent polls.

The odor of desperation reeked out of the lame attempt by Kobach. He and the rest of not only the Kansas Republicans, but National Republican Party knows who weak Roberts is.

The Tea Party is suppose to be the voice of the People and in Kansas, at leats the Tea Party has turned that State in laughing stock.

100-Kansas Republicans have openly supported the Democratic Candidate (Yes, I know about the lap dance story, no I don't care) for Governor.

The Purge of the Kansas Republicans by Brownback is now having blow back.

So what was his inability to perform his duties if elected, that led him to withdraw?

The Dems failed to name a new candidate, which is why there are none on the ballot. And some thought delaying mailing the ballots to service members overseas was reasonable while they pressured Dems to come up with a candidate. The law requires that overseas military ballots be sent out 45 days in advance to ensure they have time to receive the ballots (mail is slow) and send them back by the deadline. There have been so many instances of military being disenfranchised at election time because it takes so long for the mail to get back and forth.

I don't give a shit why the guy was taken off the ballot. It was legal and his business. I am more concerned that military votes are never treated as sacred.

Last big election, tons military ballots were 'misplaced'. Shit like that happens too much.

Still have not heard the reason why he was unable to perform his duties if elected.

Who gives a shit. If the guy wants you to know, he'll tell you.

You're more worried about his reasons than about military ballots being fucked with once again. That is the real story here.

And the Dems didn't try to find a new candidate. Why is that?

The law states that the only reason a person can be removed from the ballot is if they are incapable of performing the duties of the office, and state as such (or their estate does if they are deceased).

We are talking letter of the law here.

That's not what the law says.

There doesn't actually have to be a legitimate reason as to why they can't fulfill the duties of office - they just have to "declare" that they can't or won't.

The Dems failed to name a new candidate, which is why there are none on the ballot. And some thought delaying mailing the ballots to service members overseas was reasonable while they pressured Dems to come up with a candidate. The law requires that overseas military ballots be sent out 45 days in advance to ensure they have time to receive the ballots (mail is slow) and send them back by the deadline. There have been so many instances of military being disenfranchised at election time because it takes so long for the mail to get back and forth.

I don't give a shit why the guy was taken off the ballot. It was legal and his business. I am more concerned that military votes are never treated as sacred.

Last big election, tons military ballots were 'misplaced'. Shit like that happens too much.

Still have not heard the reason why he was unable to perform his duties if elected.

Who gives a shit. If the guy wants you to know, he'll tell you.

You're more worried about his reasons than about military ballots being fucked with once again. That is the real story here.

And the Dems didn't try to find a new candidate. Why is that?

Because they don't want one. A Dem candidate splits the vote between three candidates. The Dem dropped out so the independent has a better shot at winning.

The attempt to keep him on the ballot was bullshit from the get-go. I can't believe Kobach thought he could get away with it. The Dem went to the SOS office, asked them how to take his name off the ballot, they told him and he did it the way they told him to. I hope the judge called Kobach out for the douche he is.

(b) Any person who has been nominated by any means for any national, state,
county or township office who declares that they are incapable of fulfilling the duties of
office if elected may cause such person's name to be withdrawn from nomination by a 6
request in writing, signed by the person and acknowledged before an officer qualified to
take acknowledgments of deeds

So what was his reason for being incapable of performing the duties if elected?

Sufficient enough for the court to rule in his favor and strike his name from the ballot.

There is a higher law. When the law inconveniences Democrats, then it can be bypassed, otherwise it must be enforced.

To expect Democrats to obey the law is to visit injustice upon them.,

The attempt to keep him on the ballot was bullshit from the get-go. I can't believe Kobach thought he could get away with it. The Dem went to the SOS office, asked them how to take his name off the ballot, they told him and he did it the way they told him to. I hope the judge called Kobach out for the douche he is.

county or township office who declares that they are incapable of fulfilling the duties of
office if elected may cause such person's name to be withdrawn from nomination by a 6
request in writing, signed by the person and acknowledged before an officer qualified to

Sufficient enough for the court to rule in his favor and strike his name from the ballot.

You didn't answer the question. Why is he incapable of performing his duties IF he was elected?

I don't know, do you? Obviously it was sufficient for the court to agree with him. He did exactly as the office of the SOS told him to do and then the hack of a Sec of State tried to keep him on for his own interests. It's really none of our business why unless he tells us.

A politicized court is bad if conservative justices read original intent into the Constitution but it's good when liberal justices ignore the law and do what is expedient for Democratic Party interests.

There is a higher law. When the law inconveniences Democrats, then it can be bypassed, otherwise it must be enforced.

The law was obeyed.

Marty wants to assign "whatever" to the person for dropping out and wants to know why.

No, Marty, no. You have don't have a right to know. Neither does the SoS. All heneeds to know is that the candidate complied with the law, which he did.

Marty, that's the end of it as far as the law and process are concerned.

The law states that the person can withdraw only if they cannot perform the duties of the office if elected. If the law asks for it, why should the people be denied hearing the reason?

I keep forgetting that skimping on the law is A-OK if its done for progressive purposes.
I have a suspicion that whatever the reason, you would not be satisfied

The law was obeyed.

So, if Roberts finds himself behind the 8-ball because all of the anti-Roberts votes coalesce behind Orman and the Republicans know that they're going to lose the election, then Roberts can withdraw from the ballet and Milton Wolff can jump into the race. No problem, right?

The law was obeyed.

So, if Roberts finds himself behind the 8-ball because all of the anti-Roberts votes coalesce behind Orman and the Republicans know that they're going to lose the election, then Roberts can withdraw from the ballet and Milton Wolff can jump into the race. No problem, right?

Well, the deadline to remove yourself from the ballot was on Sept. 3rd - so no.

The law was obeyed.

But that's just a law. We now know that laws can be ignored if judges want to ignore them. You're a funny dude.

The law was obeyed.

But that's just a law. We now know that laws can be ignored if judges want to ignore them. You're a funny dude.

"We now know"?

:lol:

You can do better than that.

It's a lot like how Lautenberg pinch hit for Toricelli in NJ

Oh no wait.

If we could only trap the heat generated by Dems and their attemps to tilt elections, we'd never have to drill for oil again

Forum List

Back