Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

:puhleeze: I find it amazing that anyone would have the audacity and foolishness to come into a forum thread, and try to dump the BS you're giving us here.

Just because you allow yourself to be DUPED into this age-old crap, total bullshit of expenses causing $1000/month rent increases doesn't mean all the rest of us are stupid enough to swallow that. That might fly for 2010 or 2015, but 2024 ? NO! Not with THESE kind of rent increases. And I'm an ex-New Yorker from the big city. We don't snow easily. 😐

$1000 a month increase? I kinda think you are exaggerating just a tad. All the rest of us are stupid enough to swallow that either. I'm a senior and a renter, and I've seen my rent increase between 10-20%, but $1000? I don't think so. Are there no laws at all in your city or state regarding gouging?

In my view, this should not be a federal issue, there's no basis in the Constitution for that. Did Biden ground his rent control proposal on existing law? I do not believe he can do that with an executive order. I think this is best left to the states and cities to arrive at whatever solution best fits their particular situation.

Don't flatter yourself, moron. The only drivel here is your incessant whining because you didn't prepare yourself adequately for retirement and you're forced to rent. If that is not the case, buy your own place. Oh wait, but then you would have to pay for utilities and maintenance that you want someone else to do. NEWSFLASH, those things cost money and you have to pay your own way.
You're sounding more and more idiotic, with every ensuing post. And I already addressed the "prepare" line. Read the thread, lazy bones.

So what we have now is Biden proposing a strong position that could, over time, put him (or Harris) in the driver's seat in November.

Trump needs to add rent into his "Affordable Housing" (Chapter 4 # 1) in his Platform. And it needs to be a rent cap of less than 5% (preferably 2)

If the gov't implemented rent controls and I was a landlord (fat chance), I would turn my rental into an air bnb and never rent it out long term again. Enjoy your tent.

$1000 a month increase? I kinda think you are exaggerating just a tad. All the rest of us are stupid enough to swallow that either. I'm a senior and a renter, and I've seen my rent increase between 10-20%, but $1000? I don't think so. Are there no laws at all in your city or state regarding gouging?

In my view, this should not be a federal issue, there's no basis in the Constitution for that. Did Biden ground his rent control proposal on existing law? I do not believe he can do that with an executive order. I think this is best left to the states and cities to arrive at whatever solution best fits their particular situation.
Wanna bet ? l'll give you the name of the apartment complex I moved out of in 2022, and it was $600/month. Now its $1600 for a renovated apartment.

And no, there ARE NO LAWS regarding gouging, in all the state of Florida. That is what Bden is proposing, and Trump needs to propose iit too,

You're sounding more and more idiotic, with every ensuing post. And I already addressed the "prepare" line. Read the thread, lazy bones.
Prepared--LOL and yet here you are, month after month. OH POOR ME, I HAVE TO PAY MY OWN WAY. THOSE FILTHY DIRTY LANDLORDS ARE GOING TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ARMAGEDDON. LOL, run along skippy.

Wanna bet ? l'll give you the name of the apartment complex I moved out of in 2022, and it was $600/month. Now its $1600 for a renovated apartment.

And no, there ARE NO LAWS regarding gouging, in all the state of Florida. That is what Bden is proposing, and Trump needs to propose iit too,
They have gouging laws in FL, liar. You hear them reported every time a hurricane hits.

If the gov't implemented rent controls and I was a landlord (fat chance), I would turn my rental into an air bnb and never rent it out long term again. Enjoy your tent.
Tent ? Well,I suppose you think your living quarters offer more than mine, huh ? Is that what you think ? 🤔

Forum List

Back