Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

I don't care what you look at, and if you rant about the poor little landlord's expenses, all day long. There is no way in hell that (inflation or no inflation) there is a need for rents to be raised 100-200%, in many cases, over $1000/month in a single rent increase.

You're insulting the intelligences of the forum community.
Do you think you could rent out apartments at $600/month in your area? Before answering, do what smart people do and look at the costs involved. The costs of many things have gone up significantly and you can't pretend owners live in a vacuum where their costs don't increase with everyone else's.

I'm in the real world. So are millions of renters who have had to move (a tiring & expensive task) multiple times, including me.

So are the owners of Sam Ash Music, who lost their business, after being profitable for 100 years, and they are far from the only ones.

There's your REAL WORLD. :doubt:
You should have worked a real job and prepared for your retirement.

Economics is not your strong suit clearly. Go look into the housing shortage, the massive cost increase on new housing due to government taxes, fees and insane regulations. Then you will understand why the cost of housing has skyrocketed. Or choose to remain ignorant and spew retarded nonsense over and over again.
:puhleeze: I find it amazing that anyone would have the audacity and foolishness to come into a forum thread, and try to dump the BS you're giving us here.

Just because you allow yourself to be DUPED into this age-old crap, total bullshit of expenses causing $1000/month rent increases doesn't mean all the rest of us are stupid enough to swallow that. That might fly for 2010 or 2015, but 2024 ? NO! Not with THESE kind of rent increases. And I'm an ex-New Yorker from the big city. We don't snow easily. 😐

Do you think you could rent out apartments at $600/month in your area? Before answering, do what smart people do and look at the costs involved. The costs of many things have gone up significantly and you can't pretend owners live in a vacuum where their costs don't increase with everyone else's.
Sorry pal. The "costs" line got shot down in flames in this thread, many posts ago. Read the thread before posting.

:puhleeze: I find it amazing that anyone would have the audacity and foolishness to come into a forum thread, and try to dump the BS you're giving us here.

Just because you allow yourself to be DUPED into this age-old crap, total bullshit of expenses causing $1000/month rent increases doesn't mean all the rest of us are stupid enough to swallow that. That might fly for 2010 or 2015, but 2024 ? NO! Not with THESE kind of rent increases. And I'm an ex-New Yorker from the big city. We don't snow easily. 😐
:itsok: The nationwide median asking rent for studio to two-bedroom apartments fell 0.4% year over year in June to $1,743, according to Realtor.com's latest rent data. June marked the 11th straight month of declines. It was also down 0.6% from its August 2022 peak, according to the report.

:itsok: The nationwide median asking rent for studio to two-bedroom apartments fell 0.4% year over year in June to $1,743, according to Realtor.com's latest rent data. June marked the 11th straight month of declines. It was also down 0.6% from its August 2022 peak, according to the report.
The rent skyrockets were primarily between 2021 and 2023.

$1,743 is almost 3 times what a typical rent ($600/mo) was in 2020, and that's what I was paying then.

So let's see 1,743 minus 600 = 1,143 out of the pocket, And the increase of my Social Security & VA pension during that time ? $84.

This is like going out in the street and being mugged for $1000 once every month, indefinitely. The muggers would be envious. Who needs them, when we've got landlords ? :doubt:

Why the big change now? You've repeated the same old tired phony BS every month for at least the last three and it is no more true now than the first time you posted it. Whine, whine, whine.
I have no idea what that drivel was supposed to mean, other than you're a landlord or insane. That's why my deprogramming of you isnt registering.

This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

Sounds like Tater thinks he is a dictator.

I have no idea what that drivel was supposed to mean, other than you're a landlord or insane. That's why my deprogramming of you isnt registering.
Don't flatter yourself, moron. The only drivel here is your incessant whining because you didn't prepare yourself adequately for retirement and you're forced to rent. If that is not the case, buy your own place. Oh wait, but then you would have to pay for utilities and maintenance that you want someone else to do. NEWSFLASH, those things cost money and you have to pay your own way.

Forum List

Back