Katie Britt proposes federal database to collect data on pregnant people

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The More Opportunities for Moms to Succeed (Moms) act proposes to establish an online government database called “pregnancy.gov” listing resources related to pregnancy, including information about adoption agencies and pregnancy care providers, except for those that provide abortion-related services.

At first I thught it was a good idea to help mothers. And then I read the detail and realised thatit was just more oppression of women by this crazy woman trying to rebuild its career.

The good news is it has little chance of becoming law. And it further reminds everyone of how unhinged theese people are.

An organisation cannot give people bad advice. Some people may be better served by having an abortion. Giving other advice based on political nonsense is something we call evil.

This is just pro life trash in the govt guise.

The More Opportunities for Moms to Succeed (Moms) act proposes to establish an online government database called “pregnancy.gov” listing resources related to pregnancy, including information about adoption agencies and pregnancy care providers, except for those that provide abortion-related services.
Good. Certainly having an abortion is the exact opposite of succeeding as a mom.
At first I thught it was a good idea to help mothers. And then I read the detail and realised thatit was just more oppression of women by this crazy woman trying to rebuild its career.
Are you saying that Katie Britt's pronoun is "it?" Do you have a reference for her making that choice?
The good news is it has little chance of becoming law. And it further reminds everyone of how unhinged theese people are.

An organisation cannot give people bad advice. Some people may be better served by having an abortion. Giving other advice based on political nonsense is something we call evil.

Accepting the premise that government should be spending money to help people, this seems like a fine way to do it. I doubt that Senator Britt or anyone else who supports it cares that it hurts your feelings.

Good. Certainly having an abortion is the exact opposite of succeeding as a mom.

Are you saying that Katie Britt's pronoun is "it?" Do you have a reference for her making that choice?

Accepting the premise that government should be spending money to help people, this seems like a fine way to do it. I doubt that Senator Britt or anyone else who supports it cares that it hurts your feelings.
pregnancy information like this could be easily disseminated by non profits, without the question of using public money on a non public cause or one better served by other institutions.

but what of the pregnancy tracking and period monitoring that are hallmarks of freedom in america?

So you don't want these services made available? ... we have all that here ... this is up-and-running in Texas, Idaho, Alabama ... is the only difference abortion-related services? ...

Why do you think it's unhinged to protect the weakest in our communities? ...

You’re what’s evil. You don’t give a fuck about women or children. Just killing them. If murdering the child isn’t an option you would rather no woman gets any help.

You want to see evil, look in a mirror.

So you don't want these services made available? ... we have all that here ... this is up-and-running in Texas, Idaho, Alabama ... is the only difference abortion-related services? ...

Why do you think it's unhinged to protect the weakest in our communities? ...
A partial service is unhelpful. This is just fundie nonsense. Join the modern world.

pregnancy information like this could be easily disseminated by non profits, without the question of using public money on a non public cause or one better served by other institutions.

but what of the pregnancy tracking and period monitoring that are hallmarks of freedom in america?
So you are against government funds for Planned Unparenthood, right?

“Pro life trash”?

How dare someone oppose killing babies.

I'm skeptical about your claims.

Is this to be a database to collect data ON pregnant women, or...

Is this to be a KnowledgeBase / Wiki to provide pro-life information TO pregnant women...

Big difference...

If it's to collect info ON pregnant women without their assent, then I'm opposed to it...

If it's to serve-up pro-life information TO pregnant women, then I see no harm in it...

Those women might very well be better-served by seeing more information ABOUT abortion services, however...

It's entirely legitimate to serve-up a one-sided range of services, if that's the underlying belief of the system sponsors...

I'm skeptical about your claims.

Is this to be a database to collect data ON pregnant women, or...

Is this to be a KnowledgeBase / Wiki to provide pro-life information TO pregnant women...

Big difference...

If it's to collect info ON pregnant women without their assent, then I'm opposed to it...

If it's to serve-up pro-life information TO pregnant women, then I see no harm in it...

Those women might very well be better-served by seeing more information ABOUT abortion services, however...

It's entirely legitimate to serve-up a one-sided range of services, if that's the underlying belief of the system sponsors...
Its probably so they can track women who have abortions. Its a pro life organisation.

Is that the standard that you apply to all government spending? That if a non-profit could do it without public money, government should not get involved?

If so, I'm in full agreement. Start by the government getting out of the welfare business and let non-profits charities do it as they did for hundreds of years.
Where is that happening?

A partial service is unhelpful. This is just fundie nonsense. Join the modern world.

Sounds like dogma ... I'm perfectly fine if Catholic Services wants to offer all the medical and financial help to pregnant women without mentioning abortion ... ten blocks down Main Street is Planned Parenthood where an expecting mother and father can get all the same help PLUS abortion services ...

You know this ... we all do ... you just like telling others what to believe ... you know ... dogma ... spay and neuter, it's the right thing to do ...

Forum List

Back